New USPS Global stamp for 2022!

Sorry if this has already been reported here… but I’m super excited!

36 Likes

I had not heard this till now, I am excited too!

1 Like

I love this! First I heard, thank you :blush:

1 Like

Beautiful stamp! Have you posted this announcement on the following topic too?
New Stamps issued in year 2022 - Postcards & Mail / Mail, stamps & postal info - Postcrossing Community

1 Like

Yes.

I love it! Thank you for sharing!! I hadn’t heard about it yet!

1 Like

This is my first time hearing about it, and I think it’s a beautiful stamp. Very exciting!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

There is no easy substitute for that amount of postage. You have to use 3 or more less easily obtainable stamps or pay a lot of extra money by putting too much postage on.

4 Likes

People may not have access to the other stamps necessary to make the right amount of postage or simply may not want to bother with figuring it out.

2 Likes

@kotona – I’m surprised by your response. The announcement of a NEW stamp should mean that there will be MORE diversity in the stamps that will be on the cards you receive from the US. You might WANT Postcrossers to use different stamps, but I have a hard time understanding why one would complain about or resist receiving a new stamp, even before the stamps are issued. If you are lucky enough to receive 50 or 200 postcards, as you say, I would hope the choice of stamp is not determinative of your enjoyment of the card.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Laidlaw! We will have to patiently wait till March! I just bought 5 books of the 2020 global stamp for sending postcards. Now I am motivated to send lots of postcards and use up those stamps so I can get the new ones in March. Lovely design - it will look so nice on our postcards. :heart:

2 Likes

I have lots of 1st class stamps (valentines, ox & tiger new years, Raven etc) but I really love the big green $1 stamps (with an interesting texture) and add the rabbit plus some fruit. I went a bit crazy with recent stamp orders, but it’s nice to have variety on hand!

4 Likes

I haven’t bought the global stamp in a long time, but that one is pretty! I really like the colors.

2 Likes

It sure is a lovely stamp.

I also use 1$ plus the rabbit and fruit.

Thanks for the info. I also use various combinations of stamps to make the postage rate.

Pretty stamp!

Although I liked the pink dahlia stamp, many mentioned it looks like the Corona virus so I am happy they made a change.

It’s actually a chrysanthemum. I’ve heard people mention that they think it looks like the virus molecule but I guess I don’t see it. My personal favorite global stamp was the full moon.

5 Likes

Which one was your favorite, folks?

6 Likes