New USPS Global stamp for 2022!

Oops, I actually knew it was a chrysanthemum but I guess that escaped my brain when I made my comment :blush:

1 Like

I’m most excited for the new 4 cent blueberry!

1 Like

I’m very excited for the new Global stamp. People keep saying the Chrysanthemum looks like the coronavirus and now I can’t unsee it. I also have a hard time spelling and saying Chrysanthemum correctly, which is a problem because part of my job is selling those stamps.

1 Like

You can just call them Mums…most people do.

1 Like

Luckily once we sell through our current stock of them I won’t have to say it either way!

Oh this is beautiful! I like the simplicity of the global stamps, and the fact they don’t take up quite so much space, but I’ve been using 2 forever stamps + a rabbit for awhile because we’ve had the same global stamp for so long. I will probably buy several booklets of these and use them for awhile once they come out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d forgotten they weren’t out until March and tried to ask the post office for some. Oops

I started post crossing under the moon. So that brings back good memories. My favorite is the succulent

2 Likes

i think the launch of the stamp in 2020 didnt help the coincidence :sweat_smile: my postal clerk calls them “coronamums”.

although i quite like the chrysanthemums, i’m excited for this new one - i have been loving the vibrance of the colour yellow, lately. i think either the original globe or moons are my favourite, visually. but also just hats off to the artistic director of the global series, in general - love circular/“globe” the concept.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful stamp but I won’t be buying it. For me, it’s so much fun to combine stamps. I get old stamps on ebay and new stamps in the usps website. I’ve been tempted to reorder but I’ll just wait for the May releases to make a big order($300-$400). My favorite global stamp so far is the succulent followed by the moon.

I suggest you buy some just to have on hand. When the Global succulents came out I thought theyll have those forever, because they have the Global poinsettia. Nope. Those succulents disapeared quick. Unless I find them mint and usable for a face value price at a stamp show, ill never find them because on Ebay, they sell for double and sometimes triple the price.

2 Likes

The clerk at my local post office told me that people complained about it looking like the corona virus. I was surprised and then just laughed. You can’t please everyone.

2 Likes

Me too! I didn’t buy any of the older ones to stock up, just bought what I needed at the time and now I can’t find any except super expensive!

Green 2017

The $1 is my favorite!

I may or may not have pre-ordered several sheets when ordering my monthly supply of stamps last month…

I like to have variety on hand of different denominations but sometimes there is only room for one stamp and the global is perfect for that!

I’ve been to 2 post offices looking for this and they don’t have it. Looks like I will have to order online! :frowning:

I’ve found even the most space-limited cards seem to handle $1/98¢ (LeGuin 3 oz) plus a domestic 40¢, which is about my limit for over-postage.