New Stamps issued in 2024

I felt dizzy looking at the wavy letters… :joy:

Is the German member trying to remind people to take care of their eye sight? :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I don´t like the Finland ones, they are so boring compare to others.
It seems there is something for all of us, at least they are not at the same picture again

2 Likes

Maybe also they smoked too much (sea)weed

2 Likes

I like the Finnish EUROPA 2024 stamps!

The gentle flow of the seaweed bed and the other stamp with the insect living in the seaweed. It looks like freshwater river and the soft sunshine remind me of the same view I found in our river long, long time ago. It makes me think that the river in Finland is so cold and refreshing.

Spend too much screen time on Pokémon Go! Gotta catch ‘em all! :joy: haha!

1 Like

From the latest Australian stamp bulletin:
(stamps released between March 26 and June 24)

Marine Emblems

Special Occasions

Anzac Day 2024: Picturing War

Christmas Island Airport - 50 Years

Cocos (Keeling) Islands 40th Anniversary of Self-Determination
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 4.24.34 pm

Around Australia Flights - 50 Years

Sky Country: The Seven Sisters

Norfolk Island Fishing
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 4.26.36 pm

Paris 2024 Summer Olympics
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 4.27.03 pm

23 Likes

Forth in a row issue devoted to Heroic Cities of Ukraine by UkrPoshta.

The postage stamp depicts the building of the Okhtyrka City Council destroyed by an enemy attack.

On 24 February 2022, at about 12 o’clock, the russian occupiers entered the city of Okhtyrka and were stopped by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. For more than a month, the enemy tried to break through the defense and shelled the city with all kinds of weapons, including aircraft.

On 26 February, three thermobaric (vacuum) bombs were dropped on Okhtyrka, killing and injuring many residents, destroying the city utilities and lots of buildings. The enemy was destroying and courageous people, heroes-workers of the critical infrastructure facilities, were restoring water pipes, power grid, and communication networks under fire, inspiring the whole country to resist. On 27 March, the active phase of the battle for Okhtyrka ended. The demining of the city began.

For the mass heroism and resilience shown by citizens in the defense of the city, Okhtyrka, which became an irresistible outpost on the way of the russian army’s advance into Ukraine, was awarded the honorary title of “Hero City of Ukraine” by Presidential Decree No. 164/2022.

10 Likes

Ancient Traditional Weapons
Date of Issue: 29 March 2024

8 Likes

I really like the 2 stamps from Jersey and the one from Aland Island. Also the French one presented some posts above is beautiful IMO

2 Likes

Keukenhof stamps for the 75th Keukenhof anniversary!

22 Likes

The murals? I looooooved them! I loved Bodø! The library is one of the best I’ve been too.

No, I meant the stamps.

Slovenian Post:slovenia: - March 2024 issue

14 Likes

100 years since the bith Martin Jonaš
Martin Jonaš was representative of naive art. He had Slovak origin, from little town Kovačica, in Vojvodina, Serbia. Kovačica is place where lives Slovak minority and it is Serbian center of naive art. Martin Jonaš was one the most importnat naive artist, not just in Serbia, but worldwide.
The issue is contained of two stamps - paintings: ‘Home in the palm of a hand’ and ‘Man and woman on a bench’. The whole stamp sheet contains many vignette-stamps with other works naive painters from Kovačica, so the whole issue is also dedicated to this specific art movement.

14 Likes

Very beautiful!

It’s my first time to see dragons on Japanese stamps :joy: they seemed to be simplified (comparing with I’ve seen before) They looks wooden and cute :hushed:

There it’s done, we’re so proud of our “baguette” bread that we put it on a stamp, with a ribbon in the colors of the French flag :joy:

49 Likes

Délifrance ! I like this bread stamp! The First Day postmark is so cute!!

1 Like

Fantastic! I want it :star_struck:

1 Like

The 800th Anniversary of the Establishment of the Benedictine Abbey at Skalka, near Trenčín
This stamp was issued on 21st of March.

T1 100g = 1,50€ - I am very happy with it because it has a usable value for sending postcards!

The ruins of the Benedictine Abbey in Skalka near Trenčín on the right bank of the Váh river. Tradition has it that the cave was inhabited by Benedict, a monk from the Zobor Monastery, who lived there as a hermit in the 11th century. The Benedictine monastery in Skalka was established, in tribute to St. Benedict, by the Archbishop of Nitra, James, in 1224. The Baroque reconstruction that took place in 1717 was significant.

Related products

FDC:

Commemorative sheet:

Postmarks:

11 Likes