New Stamps issued in 2023

Canada Post has issued their themes for 2023 (no pictures, and usually not until close to when they release the stamp):

• Canada’s first definitive stamp to honour His Majesty King Charles III, who was proclaimed Canada’s new head of state on September 10, 2022.
  • Ferries that charm tourists and serve commuters across Canada.
  • Six new stamps that demonstrate how a picture is worth a thousand words
  • Quebec activists and trailblazers.
  • A hockey pioneer who broke boundaries and gave back to his sport and community.
  • A courageous Canadian in the resistance during the Second World War.

Stamps will also be issued in several popular annual series:

• A new stamp to celebrate Black History Month.
  • The annual flower series will feature the delicate ranunculus, a favourite of gardeners and the soon-to-be-wed.
  • The fundraising stamp for the Canada Post Community Foundation, which supports children and youth.
  • Three new stamps will honour Indigenous leaders in the second stamp issue of the series.
  • The second stamp issue to commemorate the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
  • New Eid, Diwali and Hanukkah stamps will mark these important celebrations.
  • Annual Christmas and holiday stamp issues will celebrate the Nativity story and creatively depict the beauty of the Canadian winter.

Canada Post 2023 Stamp News Release - Dec. 21, 2022

4 Likes

Rabbit stamps in person

18 Likes

:canada: OK, this one goes in my eBay purchase basket!

3 Likes

Slovenian Post :slovenia:

3 Likes

:frowning: :worried:

322703010_540490744644983_3827739787274612642_n

2023 Zodiac Series
Issued on January 4.

This issue is the 9th series of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s drawing for zodiac stamps.

(Picture: Thai Stamp Museum fanpage by Thailand Post Co.,Ltd.)

9 Likes

Release dates for 2023 US stamps through May '23.

2 Likes

These are some 2023 postcard stamps here in the USA. I am excited for these, I love the design!
Issue date: 1/22/2023

16 Likes

It looks so calm and minimalistic.

1 Like

Yes! That is why I like them :blush:

3 Likes

I love the Special Olympics Games one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Agreed on this one! And I just noticed the tiny red part of the sail on the small boat in the background - very subtle design element as is the font that was designed for the stamp.

2 Likes

I am too impatient and need those endangered species ones ASAP! I have a preorder for some of the newer ones…

3 Likes

I love it. I am excited for the new stamp issues, such nice designs!

1 Like

So beautiful !
I’m looking for “bird in flight and landscape” stamps for a chaincard but this stamp is more expensive than the “forever” stamps, isn’t it ? Do you think some postcrossers would use it ?

10 Likes

The Year of Rabbit stamp of French Polynesia :rabbit2: “WATER HARE”

21 Likes

This one is primarily used for packages since it’s almost $10USD! An international stamp here is only $1.40USD. You probably could do a swap with someone? :blush: Good luck!

3 Likes

That’s what I thought :smiling_face_with_tear: These beautiful stamps are probably not used often.
Thank you very much for your answer.

1 Like

What this picture didn’t tell is that Arabia 150th anniversary stamps come with this ugly matrix code. I am afraid they going to use in future stamps. :sob: The matrix code would look horrible with those upcoming national landscape stamps. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

France March/2023

15 Likes