Canada Post has issued their themes for 2023 (no pictures, and usually not until close to when they release the stamp):
- Canada’s first definitive stamp to honour His Majesty King Charles III, who was proclaimed Canada’s new head of state on September 10, 2022.
- Ferries that charm tourists and serve commuters across Canada.
- Six new stamps that demonstrate how a picture is worth a thousand words
- Quebec activists and trailblazers.
- A hockey pioneer who broke boundaries and gave back to his sport and community.
- A courageous Canadian in the resistance during the Second World War.
Stamps will also be issued in several popular annual series:
- A new stamp to celebrate Black History Month.
- The annual flower series will feature the delicate ranunculus, a favourite of gardeners and the soon-to-be-wed.
- The fundraising stamp for the Canada Post Community Foundation, which supports children and youth.
- Three new stamps will honour Indigenous leaders in the second stamp issue of the series.
- The second stamp issue to commemorate the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- New Eid, Diwali and Hanukkah stamps will mark these important celebrations.
- Annual Christmas and holiday stamp issues will celebrate the Nativity story and creatively depict the beauty of the Canadian winter.
Canada Post 2023 Stamp News Release - Dec. 21, 2022
OK, this one goes in my eBay purchase basket!
2023 Zodiac Series
Issued on January 4.
This issue is the 9th series of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s drawing for zodiac stamps.
(Picture: Thai Stamp Museum fanpage by Thailand Post Co.,Ltd.)
Release dates for 2023 US stamps through May '23.
These are some 2023 postcard stamps here in the USA. I am excited for these, I love the design!
Issue date: 1/22/2023
It looks so calm and minimalistic.
Yes! That is why I like them
I love the Special Olympics Games one
Agreed on this one! And I just noticed the tiny red part of the sail on the small boat in the background - very subtle design element as is the font that was designed for the stamp.
I am too impatient and need those endangered species ones ASAP! I have a preorder for some of the newer ones…
I love it. I am excited for the new stamp issues, such nice designs!
So beautiful !
I’m looking for “bird in flight and landscape” stamps for a chaincard but this stamp is more expensive than the “forever” stamps, isn’t it ? Do you think some postcrossers would use it ?
The Year of Rabbit stamp of French Polynesia “WATER HARE”
This one is primarily used for packages since it’s almost $10USD! An international stamp here is only $1.40USD. You probably could do a swap with someone? Good luck!
That’s what I thought These beautiful stamps are probably not used often.
Thank you very much for your answer.
What this picture didn’t tell is that Arabia 150th anniversary stamps come with this ugly matrix code. I am afraid they going to use in future stamps. The matrix code would look horrible with those upcoming national landscape stamps.