New Record - can anyone beat it?

On 11th April 2021 I drew 17 addresses to the US and on 28th March 2021 23 to Germany :sweat_smile:

And this is from yesterday:

1 Like

Honestly that would be a really nice idea, imo? When thereā€™s not a suitable address for someone, they get to sent a postcard to Postcrossing!

3 Likes

I also can join this club.

@wurzelsofie,

I hope so too, the cards, sent to Russia.

@MostlyMess, did I beat your numbers?

1 Like

Some people do send us lovely post-themed books or other things that they found which made them think of us, or newspaper clippings!

Sadly, the restructuring of customs in Europe last year has made receiving these troublesome, when sent from outside the EU. :confused:

2 Likes

That would explain why the painting that I mailed to you last month was returned to me. Iā€™ll have to put it back on my wall.

I hope youā€™re not seriousā€¦ but it has happened before, sadly (though not with paintings). It breaks our heart that people send us nice things, and sometimes we donā€™t even receive the notification from the customs that thereā€™s something waitingā€¦ so we donā€™t even know and thereā€™s nothing we can do. :frowning:

This is a bit off-topic though. Please continue with the discussion!

1 Like

No, I wasnā€™t serious. A Van Gogh really isnā€™t within my budget.

2 Likes

This is what I got when drawing 61 addresses:

@Vindika
Why drawing such a big amount of IDs at once? :flushed:
You canā€™t even write all these cards on one dayā€¦

7 Likes

100% :de: for me

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. I donā€™t expect to have all the cards ready to be sent by tomorrow morning when Iā€™ll go to the post office. The reason for drawing so many addresses on October 1st is the following: I had postcards with the official design printed and I ordered 50 cards. I also paid for 50 cards, but I was sent 80. Although giving away some to my mum and sending some in advance I was left with 61 WPD postcards.
Last year I also had the official design printed, but didnā€™t use all of my cards on October 1st because I thought I could still send them out during the rest of the year. Truth be told, I didnā€™t manage to send many of them (always preferred different cards), so in the end I still had 17 WPD postcards left from last year. I now decided to send some envelopes with both this yearā€™s and last yearā€™s postcard inside to some newer members whose walls havenā€™t contained the 2021 design so far. Like this:

As I donā€™t want to keep any of my printed WPD 2022 postcards this time I needed 61 adresses to be able to send all of them at least around October 1st.

2 Likes

Why not?
Last year in December on the 1st I took all of my slots (around 70 at that point) and I chose, decorated and wrote about 50 of the cards. And if I hadnā€™t had a doctorā€™s appointment on that day (with a longer waiting time) and helping my child with school studies, I would probably have managed all of them.

And if one writes some of the cards on the next day, why not? We have a long weekend here and if one has no mailbox with emptying on Sundays / Holidays they have to wait until Tuesday anyway :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

If you do nothing but Postcrossing, eating and go to the toilet, then I can imagine that itā€™s possible to write so many cardsā€¦maybeā€¦
ā€¦reading the profile, chosing a card and a stamp, decorating and last but not least - thinking about and writing a text. All that tooks time. :thinking:

5 Likes

As Iā€™ve written before I did almost nothing else on that day :wink:
This is one day in a whole year and yeah, I take this time and I love it :smiley:

Iā€™m quite fast with writing, though, I think itā€™s a relic from my former job where I had to be fast and efficient - this could be a reason.
Thinking about a proper text for the recipient is quite easy for me, when I read the profile. And if thereā€™s an empty profile I write something about the card I chose or something about me, what Iā€™ve done on that day ect. - I have more a problem with the space on a card :rofl:

4 Likes

Same here, I always have more to say than space on the card! :see_no_evil::smile:
I drew another address today and this oneā€™s going to Belarus now.

:green_heart::fox_face:

3 Likes

That was the reason this year the draw was restricted to just 10 wasnā€™t it?

Last year ā€” but yes! You can read about it here:

1 Like