Navarre Beach World Postcard Day Meetup, Florida, United States, October 1, 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Navarre Beach, Florida, USA

:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Sea Oat Pavilion on Navarre Beach. Past the Turtle Conservation Center, the very last pavilion on the Gulf side.

:calendar: DATE: October 1, 2023

:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm Central Time

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet other local Postcrossers, learn more about Postcrossing, and maybe write some World Postcard Day postcards.

What to bring:
• If you have any extra postcards you want to trade or give away, bring them! We’ll have a “trade/share” box. Same with stickers and washi tape, or even markers and pens.

• Some people bring some of their postcard collection to show off interesting cards.

• Bring a pen and an ink stamp (if you have one). Some people like to have a bunch of the meetup postcards signed by all of the meetup participants.

• There are picnic tables and small grills on the pavilion. I will bring charcoal and some hot dogs and chips to share with everyone. Bring your own drinks and anything else you might want to throw on the grill.

There are restrooms next to the pavilion and plenty of free parking.

The pavilion is right on the beach and the reservation is for 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, so feel free to come earlier or stay later just to enjoy our beautiful Navarre Beach!

I’m going to have some World Postcard Day Meetup postcards made. I’ll charge what I paid for them – definitely less than $1.00 each, hopefully no more than 50 cents each. I’ll post a picture of it soon.

BAD WEATHER PLAN (we DO live on the Gulf Coast!): The pavilion is covered so we should be good with sun and even a bit of rain. There’s a wonderful, casual restaurant right on Navarre Beach called Andy D’s. This will be our backup location.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Jill from Freeport over a couple of counties but I love Navarre. I’m looking forward to this meet-up and socializing with folks!

1 Like

This sounds divine. I would love to come. It would be a bit of a drive for me but worth it. Unfortunately, I have already committed to another Meetup that day, and I am designing the card. But please keep me in mind for future meetups, I would love an excuse to drive down to the Gulf Coast, especially during October - April.

Best wishes and thank you for organizing!

Thanks for the reply! Have fun at the other meetup!

1 Like

Yay! See you then!

Hi - this is Judy aka Berbice1 and hope to be there on October 1. Please bring if you can at least 15 World Postcrossing Day 2023 for me to buy and hope you have a design meetup card for our day. I will definitely some of those also.
See you on October 1.

I’m excited to see a meetup in this area. I’m not sure yet if I can come but I’ll put it on my calendar and will check back when it’s closer to the time. It sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you!

I hope you can make it, Terry!

This is the meetup card. I’ll have them available for 20 cents each.

8 Likes

I also have these for 5 cents each.

4 Likes

I just found this. It’s nice to see meetup in this area. I had to work last time. I’ll see if I can join you.

My heart goes out to all Floridians and others that were in the path of Hurricane Idalia. I am thankful it spared our area. I hope we can hear from some of them to confirm they are ok!, even if not attending.

I’m looking forward to this. I live in Tallahassee and plan to make the drive. Love the meet up card and definitely want some of them.

2 Likes

@GypsyMoon Glad you’re planning on coming!

I’m going to be there! I’ll bring some things and plan to stay for a bit. I don’t know if I will skip church yet, but I’ll definitely be there after 12.

Updated. Thank you, Tanya @tpuchalski, for agreeing to swap with me!

Summary

Hello! Would anyone like to swap with me here in India? I have official WPD cards, botanicals of flowers and we are also working on an India exclusive WPD design (but it hasn’t been finalized yet). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning!

I enjoyed your last meetup so much; I can’t wait for this one.
The only thing that might keep me away is when my weekend teaching schedule is finalized (my classes start in October). But there is only a very, very small chance of it being on the 1st. Let me know if you want me to bring anything else.

Oh, I would like to buy a dozen of the Meetup cards and 6 of the other WPD, please.

(And btw, in July I finally got back to the Navarre Turtle Conservatory when it was open. They had some very nice postcards there - but some of the super nice ones, by popular local photo-artists, were a little spendy.)

See you soon!

1 Like

I’m gonna buy some of the postcards!

1 Like

I’ll buy 20 world postcrossing day cards and about 20 meetup cards.
Berbice1

1 Like

I’m happy to send you a card from the meetup! Give me your info in a pm.