[NA] Scavenger Hunt Offer Tag

Hi, everyone! I’m hoping it’s okay to just start this. As someone who can’t get enough of tags, I thought it would be nice to have a North America version of one of my favorites, the Scavenger Hunt Offer Tag.

The idea here is:

A person posts a picture of a card they’re offering and a prompt to find something else. The original poster sends the card they offered to the first person who finds their request - it is a send to the person below you tag.

For example, at the end of this post I’m going to post a picture of the card I’m offering, and I will say “Find -insert item here”. To claim my card, you’ll need to be the first one to find what I’ve sent you to find in your postcard stash.

When tagging/claiming the card, please post more than just “tag” - if you don’t have the image readily available, leave a short description of it (i.e. if it’s from a box set you can say “uploading image of card from -this box set-”… or if the prompt is to find flowers, you can say “uploading picture of a field of flowers, flowers in a vase”, etc.) An image is required, so please try to provide one within 10 minutes of commenting with a description. If no image is provided after ten minutes and a few minutes after a request to do so beyond that window, the game will go on and your tag will be skipped.

• If nobody has been able to find your challenge within three days, please edit your request to find something different!

To get this started, I’m offering this New Yorker card:

Imgur

To the first person who can find a woven basket!

You can share the postcards you’ve received from this tag on this topic.

8 Likes

Tag @Shenaniganator with thanks for taking this on - - WOW!!

A basket full of puppy in “The Stowaway,” a 1920 painting by Norman Rockwell.

Find another umbrella, or another traveler (or both!), please.

7 Likes

Tag @Agneau

with a man with an overcoat and overnight bag.

Find a national park.

6 Likes

Tag @PamUSAOhio with Black Canyon of the Gunnison

Find a mode of transportation

5 Likes

Tag @silentmagician

Bikes

Find bricks

3 Likes

Tag @ellistrations

Here are a couple of brick building options, your choice.

Imgur

Imgur

Find something book or literature related.

3 Likes

Tag @Shenaniganator for the second bookstore…

And here are two fellows carrying books who are, in turn, found in books!
(Ron and Harry from “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” with actors Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe.)

Find another necktie, clothing patch or uniform, please!

2 Likes

Tag @Agneau

((have your address))

Found a neck tie!

Find a ukulele or banjo or another stringed instrument

(accidently wrote out card to person above me!)

4 Likes

It’s okay, @Ukucaitie! I’ll go ahead and tag you! Please go ahead and send the card you wrote! :slight_smile:

Imgur

^ Girl playing a cello, which is my absolute favorite card in the Urban Sketching box set! OR:

Imgur

you choose!

Please find rain or more musical instruments.

3 Likes

Tag @Shenaniganator for … oh, gosh! hard to choose! but my beloved Ozarks wins, this time.

Adam Gehnert playing the accordion in the Marsh, Montana area in 1913, in a wonderful photograph taken by Evelyn Cameron.

Montana Historical Society Photograph Archives

Find another individual wearing a hat, please.

5 Likes

Tag @Agneau - This gentleman is wearing a hat as he overlooks the town below.

Find a woman in a dress wearing a bonnet or just a bonnet.

3 Likes

Tag @4kids2pay4 with an Amish woman (wearing her bonnet indoors - it’s for modesty, not warmth!) and working on a big quilt.

Find a dragon playing nice with a human.

4 Likes

Tag @TwasBrillig - with the dragon on procession with several humans

Find a gardener

5 Likes

Tag @4kids2pay4 for the dragon & its entourage…

Edward Mitchell Bannister’s 1898 painting, “Seaweed Gatherers” (hoping it counts!)

National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution

Find another laborer, please.

6 Likes

Tag @Agneau - at risk of freezing another tag I offer this vintage GF card with one of America’s most resourceful laborer’s; the farmer.

Find another scenic card or an ear of corn.

3 Likes

tag @4kids2pay4 for the “Greetings from Ossian, Iowa” card. I used to live not far from Ossian.

Choose Jewish Cookery by Leah W Leonard (corn at top right)

-or-
Guide to Good Food and Wine by Andre Simon (corn at bottom left)

-or-
last but not least, Jane Platt’s New England Cook Book.

find something good to drink

3 Likes

Tag @pammykay - tea or coffee!

Imgur

Imgur

Find a book!

1 Like

Tag @Shenaniganator - Books on the bookshelf

Grandma Moses Schoolhouse - vintage card 3.5 x 5

Find an apron or smock.

3 Likes

Tag @4kids2pay4 for the remarkable Grandma Moses diorama!

“The Decorator (Woman with Fabric Samples and Chair)” by Norman Rockwell (1940) - the young woman wears an artist’s smock.

Find another artist please…

2 Likes

Tag @Agneau

Fujita Tsuguharu Portrait of the Artist, with the Head of a Cat on His Left Shoulder not dated

Find a dog painting

3 Likes