NA Alphabet Group Round Robin šŸ”¤

GROUP R-16

@EmilyAnn - a woman READING by Van Gogh. I just picked up books at my local library today. They have remodeled to have windows that open to the outside right by the doors. In the summer they had a librarian outside to talk to patrons, and a table where other librarians brought out books that had been reserved. Now the librarians can stay warm while we stay outside. It seems like a very safe system. Thank you.

Dear @MichelleW, may I please join Group W-16?

WOW

Welcome!!

Iā€™ll join V-16
:slightly_smiling_face:

So happy to see you here, too, houdekf!

WELCOME

Finallyyyyyā€¦ S and T-16 are in the mail :sweat_smile:

Yay - was starting to worry about you!

And here are some updates!

Group R-16
@MichelleW - Rocky raccoon! What a wonderful little Paul McCartney quote :smiley:
@emilyann - Red hair on the girl from Brave! I really should know her name. Itā€™s one of my favorite Disney movies, especially since the main character has naturally curly hair like me.
@hootnoodle - A postcard of the Riot Grrrl movement. 6000 postcards is a lot! Itā€™s awesome that you are keeping up with that. I know I have been writing a ton of postcards this past year, and I know how much effort writing thousands of postcards can add up to you. We are starting a virtual book club with my friends from Grad school. I have checked out Born a Crime from the library this last go, but I havenā€™t started reading it yet.

Group S-16
@MichelleW - A postcard of so many little salamanders. I suppose these are actually reef sharks. Sharks are so beautiful. I agree, they arenā€™t savages.
@hootnoodle - Snowman! I had all of my Christmas decor up at a normal time, but for whatever reason the tree took forever to put up. I finally put it up about 2 weeks ago, and I swear I spend an hour just admiring it daily.

Group T-16
@ellistrations - Toast! It really is one of those most versatile of breakfasts. I prefer toast with bananas and peanut butter.
@AccentOnHakes - Trees and translations! Slang truly is tricky.
@Beachyblonde - A truly lovely Christmas tree! I definitely wish the world peace and joy as well. Though I should think about it more often, this time of the year is when I especially reflect on it.

Thank you all!

I certainly didnā€™t write thousands of of postcards for the elections. Hundreds, yes, but I distributed cards with names and addresses to local volunteer writers. A total of 8250 cards are ready to go out this week from Olympia to urge inconsistent Georgia voters to vote in person on Election Day.

I recently read Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. I recommend it. My book group now meets by Zoom.

I, too, appreciate having a Christmas tree up. lighted, and decorated. It makes the world seem more normal.

2 Likes

Time to load the sleigh and head to Austin for our one (and only, I hope) ā€œGarage Christmas!ā€ Take care of you and yours and remember the holiday is all about joy and togetherness in whatever form that takes!

Thanks for the updates!

S-16
@jocrafts - S is for Snow, thank you! Itā€™s love to see snow at Christmas, but I am in the wrong area for that. Twenty minutes south of me got some snow flakes yesterday, we got nothing!

(Received all for S-16 group)

T-16
@jocrafts - T is for Harriet Tubman, thank you! There are few things I remember learning about it in school, but the underground railroad is one of them.

Please sign me up for:
U-16
W-16

Thank you!

Iā€™m baaaccccckkkk!

Group U-16 closed and Iā€™ll send the addresses soon!

Iā€™ve opened Group A-17.

Thanks - and I hope you got through part 1 of the holidays safe and sound. :sunglasses:

My cards for U-16 are written.

U-16 cards are ready to go tomorrow.

Please add me to two more groups.

I received my last two cards for T16

Thank you @jocrafts for the There postcard! I felt even more busy than usual Holiday seasons as well! It was bizarre! I guess Christmas snuck up on me? haha

Thank you @AccentOnHakes for the Turning postcard! Too funny! I was never able to balance right on a skateboard!

May I join A17? Iā€™ll look into if I can be creative enough to jump in V to help close it out. Iā€™ll let you know! haha

U-16
Cards are written and will go out tomorrow!

Yay! Group W-16 closed and I just sent the address list! Write, write, write, write!!

Group S-16 - @jocrafts sent a Super card with snow, snowman, and santa. Could that be Sangria in their glasses?? Too cute - thank you, Jo! :heart_eyes_cat:

Iā€™m behind in everything and Iā€™m Urgently gathering Group U-16 :crazy_face:

1 Like

T-16
@ellistrations sent the cutest card of a TENT in the snowy woods.
@jocrafts says THANK YOU (but not F***you). LOL! I tried to make a study schedule this morning and Iā€™m already behind. Oops. Good thing my overly-ambitious plan gave me lots of free time. (To do all the other things Iā€™ve been pushing offā€¦eventuallyā€¦sigh.)

I can join V-16 if itā€™s not already full.