NA Alphabet Group Round Robin šŸ”¤

Updated - thanks! ABC

R-24
@scoutingbear contributed to my happy mailbox today with T-Rex the Recognizable Reptile. His fierceness was softened by all the Rainbows. One of my favorite T-shirts says ā€œT-Rex hates push-upsā€

@sleepyhippo1 sent a wonderful orangutan card for O-24. Thank you! I just signed up for an annual pass at the local zoo and I will look for them here!

:+1:

Got lots of cards this week - I get my mail once a week when I go out for the week.

Group K-24
@hootnoodle sent a card for Billie Jean King. Anytime a woman puts a dude like that in their place is priceless imo. Now Iā€™ve moved my mind to anyone giving a well deserved putting is awesome!

Group O-24
@hootnoodle Sent a showing her favorite place in Oregon. I have a place like that down in Oceanside, CA called Buccaneer Beach. :black_heart:
@sleepyhippo1 Sent a Georgia Oā€™Keeffe card of her Iris painting. Black flowers are so beautiful!

Group R-24
@scoutingbear sent a Roma - Roman Empire - card. Seeing it always reminds me of how I see the US. Also rocket stickers!
@salemhouse sent a card of a teen boy in a red shirt playing ball in the rain. My kids would always play in the rain, even when it was one if the few times it got in the freezing range.

Group T-24
@Allayne22 sent a beautiful card full of tulips & letter T stamps.
@uconn sent a cat on a TV with a T-Rex postage stamp. I remember the cat we had when we got with the times & got a flat screen tv, poor girl was so confused & pissed.

2 Likes

Dropped off Group W-24 today, but got there as the mail person was leaving. So they will be picked up Monday.

K-24

@crochetjessica - K is for the Sanrio character, KEROPPI the frog. I think heā€™s a lot cuter than Hello Kitty. I looked up your other favorite character, Badtz Maru, and agree with your choice. Nice KOREA stamp, too. Thank you. And thanks, too to @ellistrations, for forwarding this card!

O-24

@sleepyhippo1 - an OPPOSSUM from the Science Center of Iowa. We had family season tickets to the science museum in Seattle when our children were young (1980s, early 90s), and loved going there. A few years ago we visited again for the first time in ages, and were so disappointed. It was in desperate need of an update! Your info on possums eating ticks helps my image of them. They arenā€™t native to our area, and eat local birdsā€™ eggs, so I havenā€™t been too fond of them. Thank you.

2 Likes

P-24

@crochetjessica plenty of postage, thanks

S-24

@MichelleW. Stalagmites , love it

@Susaninutah my guess is Star on an outhouse :joy:

@Allayne22 supply of S stamps, swell

T-24

@crochetjessica thanks for the Tardis

@Allayne22 terrible tapeworm, thanks!

QXZ-24

@MichelleW fun X-ray specs

@Susaninutah Quidditch, cool!

And bonus Z card, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @crochetjessica for the Dr. Ozzy postcard for O-24. It was very entertaining!

1 Like

Please sign me up for the next open group. Thanks!

We seem to have a reluctance to join a specific group. Are U Unsure about Unique letter U?? Utah, unicorn, underwear, umbrella, up, under, UFO, Universityā€¦

in??

Group V-24 closed and I sent that address list.

Well, for the moment, all is Updated!! ABC

New, Holiday-themed Group Open Until November 29th!

Just post that youā€™d like to send holiday cards (any holiday between now and Jan. 2). Of course, that means you will receive holiday cards! Iā€™ll leave the group open until November 29th which I hope gives them enough time to arrive before Jan. 2!
HolidayMailbox

O-24

@crochetjessica - a OUIJA Board. I remember those from my childhood. They definitely didnā€™t give me the heebie-jeebies. I just thought they were silly. Thanks for the memories.

1 Like

Iā€™ll do U-24. Didnt even think about UFOsā€¦ and since I crochet & knit they wont be typical UFOs. :smile_cat:

Deleted this part as it goes in another part of the forum.

Iā€™m paranoid of proving people right & opening a portal to some dimension. It would severely grind my gears if I proved the masses right. Goes against who I am on stuff like that. :smiling_imp:

Iā€™m glad it brought you back some memories tho. :blush:

Iā€™m sorry - but when the forum changed last year, the question of sending postcards in any sort of RAS setting to people not participating in Postcrossing and other instances came up and it was strongly reiterated that distribution of personal addresses other than direct sign-up in tags/RRs is not allowed by the User Terms of Agreement. The ā€œRandom Acts of Smilenessā€ RR has conditions for the groups there. In any instance, I am not allowed to distribute non-PC membersā€™ addresses. Even though itā€™s your address, Iā€™m just not comfortable with the legalities. (It was a prolonged and heated debateā€¦)

ABC

Yep, been reading RAS now. I was confused at first about RAS, but understanding better. Thank you!

Iā€™ll take the last spot in U to close it! Iā€™m under a huge pile of new cards that are not necessarily Unique but will ultimately make someone smile.

1 Like

S-24
@MichelleW sent a postcard of the great Smoky mountains visitor center along with fun S stickers. Thanks! Sorry that I havenā€™t Seen the Smokysā€¦Soon, I hope.

T-24
@uconn sent a beautiful western Tanager, and, of course, a T stamp. Thank you! Where do you get all your wonderful stamps?

@crochetjessica sent the letter T and a telephone stamp. That font, Return To Sender, is really cool. I see why you love it. Itā€™s funny you chose that because I just had a package returned to me that I sent on February 26, 2020 to my daughter in Africa. Yes, a year and a half ago! They brought home all the Peace Corps workers in March 2020, so she wasnā€™t there whenever it arrived. It looks like the package in Cast Away.

2 Likes