My first Meetup in PARIS / CLOSED

:world_map: CITY/REGION: PARIS :fr:

:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Châtelet-les-Halles - Montparnasse - Luxembourg garden

:calendar: DATE: Saturday, December 18, 2021

:alarm_clock: TIME: It will be just the Saturday, or all the weekend (according to your desires, I could also schedule activities on December 19)

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Dear postcrosser’s friends, :cherry_blossom:

I have never been able to participate in a meetup before, let alone organize one.
But here I am dear friends : I challenge myself and I hope to have the pleasure of meeting 17 people of you.

Here are my ideas for the day of Saturday, December 18, 2021:

- Start of the day at 8:00 am in front of the restaurant "Au Pain Quotidien " in the Châtelet-les-Halles sector (in Paris) for a good brunch together.

- Visit of the postal museum in the Montparnasse sector (in Paris)

- Below,Prices just for the visit (to be paid each on site) :

:chicken: Permanent exhibition

Full price: 5 € per person

Reduced price: € 4 per person

:chicken: Temporary exhibition

Full price: € 7 per person

Reduced price: 5 € per person

:chicken: Combined ticket (permanent and temporary exhibitions)

Full price: 10 € per person

Reduced price: € 7 per person

• Depending on the time we have left, the weather forecast, and everyone’s possibilities, we could go for a walk in the Luxembourg Gardens. And end the day with a meal in a restaurant.

BONUS FOR MORE FUN :ghost::

:maple_leaf: A postcard will be created in honor of this meetup with the help of my husband: everyone can sign and leave with at least one copy per person.

:maple_leaf: Since we will see each other a few days before Christmas, I plan to organize a gift exchange by a sort of raffle, when I have completed the list of participants. I find it a great idea to get to know each other and develop great friendships.
I would pick a random name that should make a gift box with lots of stuff in it for another person who will be there at the meetup.

What you should at least put in your Christmas box: :christmas_tree:

• A letter that you have written to introduce yourself, explaining your experiences with Postcrossing, what you like the most about it and why.
    - A postcard on the theme of Christmas where you will tell your best memory of this period, tell a childhood story etc …
  • A handmade gift, belonging to you or to buy
  • Everything you want to add according to your desires

:maple_leaf: I would also create a homemade paper badge for each one.

:maple_leaf: Maybe surprises if i can :heart_eyes:

IMPORTANT:

The activities may have to change, in particular because of the pandemic. Note that you will need to have a negative antigen / PCR test or proof of a valid health test (vaccine) to participate in the activities (museum and restaurant). Of course if this damn health test were to no longer have to be applied in France, I would not ask for it.

You may be asked for a financial contribution by Paypal if I have to book a workshop at the postal museum or for the postcard of the meetup.

If you’ve registered and can’t come, that’s okay, but try to let me know as soon as possible. (Thank you)

If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask me below. :cherry_blossom:

Please copy and complete the form below following this post only if you agree to be able to participate in all activities, including the Christmas gift. I wouldn’t want anyone to be left with nothing.

Registration form to post after ( Please, only if you seriously plan to come):

- Participant number: (2 to 18 - check the number of participants already registered before you)
- My beautiful name: (your real first name, not your nickname please)
- I come from : (Your country and city)
- I speak: (spoken languages)
- I can write in: (written languages)
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: (Yes or no: if yes, please define which ones)
- My favorite colors:
- My favorite animals:
- Team tea or coffee : (What sort did you like)
- How many postcards of the day would you like to have (If you answer a number of postcard, you agree to be able to pay a contribution. )
- Exchange cards or letters before/after the meeting: (Yes or no)
- To know about me: (Everything you want to share to get to know each other better before the meeting)

Hurry to see you :love_letter:

PS : I WOULD NOT RESPOND TO ANY PRIVATE OR PUBLIC REQUEST FOR POSTCARD EXCHANGE MEETUP. IF ME OR PARTICIPANTS WANT TO EXCHANGE. ME/THEY WILL CREATE A SUBJECT ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR YOU UNDERSTANDING AND HAPPY POSTCROSSING.

4 Likes

POSTCROSSER’S FRIEND TO COME

1 / @ladymelody :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 1 - Organizer / host.
- My beautiful name: Mélody.
- I come from : France, Andilly :fr:.
- I want the meetup to be : (December 18/19 or just December 18 : no matter)
- I speak: French is my native language - A little in English but with a very awful accent :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
- I can write in: French - English - Spanish ( a little )
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No
- My favorite colors: Rose-Gold / Blue / red / green.
- My favorite animals: Cats :heart_eyes_cat:, monkeys :monkey_face:, otters :otter:, foxes :fox_face:, unicorns :unicorn:.
- Team tea or coffee : I love tea, chocolate, cappucino (whatever sorts of).
- Workshop at the postal museum: It’s depend of the majority.
- Exchange cards or letters before the meeting: Yes with pleasure. :love_letter:
- To know about me: I am a somewhat crazy person who loves life and especially human relations. I am passionate about the world of Disney, everything cute, writing and my love cats. My friends say that I am a kind, fun, crazy and caring person with a good lioness character :lion:.
I manage a nice postcard project that I take to retirement homes near my home. If you want to write some and send them to me, please send me a message.
Looking forward to discovering you. :grin:

2/ @thrillerwillroll :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 2
- My name: Marjolaine
- I come from: France, near Paris
- I want the meetup to be: either date is fine
- I speak: French, English, German
- I can write in: French, English, German
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: none, but as for food I’m a vegetarian
- My favorite colors: purple, yellow
- My favorite animals: dog, rabbit, guinea pig
- Team tea or coffee : tea and hot chocolate
- Do you want one optional Workshop at the postal museum: why not, if there are enough people for it
- Exchange cards or letters before the meeting: sure why not
- To know about me: hi I’m Marjolaine, I’m 25, I love TV shows, Disney, theater and musicals, video games and cooking.
- Money Participation: :x: (Not yet)

3/ @FREUND :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 3
- My name: Nathalie
- I come from: Strasbourg, FRANCE
- I would like the meeting to be : On Saturday December 18, 2021 only
- I speak: French, German and English
- I write: French, German and English
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No allergy known to date :joy:
- My favorite color is : Blue :blue_heart:
- My favorite animals: cats, dogs and birds (mandarins, canaries etc.)
- Team tea or coffee : Latte (which I call my happy coffee!) Mmhhh
- Do you want one optional Workshop at the postal museum: For the Postal Museum, frankly the 2 workshops interest me! It all depends on the price! My budget is quite limited, because buying postcards requires :stuck_out_tongue: the meal, a souvenir etc …
- Exchange cards or letters before the meeting: Yes that would be nice!
- To know about me: I am 50 years old, I experienced postcrossing in 2016 and I was quickly “addicted”! What a pleasure to write in French, English and German all over the world, and to receive cards in exchange; it’s just happiness for me. I have 2 grown children and I am already the grandmother of 2 beautiful little girls, my little treasures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love so many things that I invite you to come and see my postcrossing profile: FREUND which is none other than my last name, which means “BUDDY” or “friend” in German! I’ve always kept my childish soul, I don’t want to grow up! Otherwise I like to laugh, discuss, discover and always more to learn.
looking forward to meeting you at the meeting and having a good day :grinning:

4/ @juytters :cherry_blossom:
Participant number: 4
- My name: Jo
- I come from: Antwerpen, Belgium
- I want the meetup to be: 18th of December
- I speak: Dutch, French, English, German, Danish
- I can write in: Dutch, French, English, German, Danish
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: none
- My favorite colors: blue
- My favorite animals: dog, cats, ducks
- Team tea or coffee : Black coffee
- Do you want one optional Workshop at the postal museum: why not, if there are enough people for it
- To know about me: hi I’m Jo, 45 years old and I live in Belgium. I have been doing postcrossing for many years and I just love postcrossing meetings. I also like Paris very much. I am looking forward to meet you all.

5/ @tamtoche :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 5
- My name: Tamara
- I come from: Versailles, France
- I want the meetup to be: 18th of December
- I speak: French, English, Bosnian
- I can write in: French, English, Bosnian
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: none
- My favorite colors: Green
- My favorite animals: turtles, giraffes
- Team tea or coffee : Black tea and black coffee
- To know about me: Hi, I’m Tamara, I’m 21 and I’ve been post crossing for a couple years and I live it! This would be my first posctrossing meet up so im really excited. I look forward to sharing my passion with people who are also interested as no one in my circle does haha

6/ @Nika_Borovskikh :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 6
- My beautiful name: Nika
- I come from : Russia, Rostov-on-Don
- I want the meetup to be: December 18
- I speak: Russian is my mother tongue; bilingual French and pretty good English
- I can write in: French - English - Russian - a bit of Italian
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No
- My favorite colors: bordeaux / purple / deep green.
- My favorite animals: owls, foxes
- Team tea or coffee : Definitely coffee, at the moment I prefer simply black one
- Workshop at the postal museum: I suppose we’re not that numerous yet…
- Exchange cards or letters before the meeting: No interested, sorry :slight_smile:
- To know about me: I’m open-minded and cheerful person looking forward to extend my network and connect to people sharing my passion for Postcrossing. During the long winter evenings, I like doing yoga (with scented candles light), playing piano and reading (Dostoïevski at the moment). I’m genuinely receptive to the art of any kind, but impressionists are still my favourites. I adore french bakeries, it can’t never be enough of pastries :yum: A bientôt j’espère !

7/ @Melcent :cherry_blossom:
- Participant number: 7
- My beautiful name: My beautiful but rather common name is Clément !
- I come from : Angers / FRANCE
- I want the meetup to be: I am available on 18th of December, only until after lunch. (so I may leave earlier than other participants, I am sorry !)
- I speak: English, French, Intermediate Chinese and Spanish, a very little bit of Russian and Vietnamese
- I can write in: Same as languages spoken
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No allergies
- My favorite colors: Green !
- My favorite animals: I like tortoises :blush:
- Team tea or coffee : i prefer coffee, but I can enjoy some good tea sometimes.
- How many postcards of the day would you like to have: 3 would be nice !
- Exchange cards or letters before/after the meeting: Yeah I am interested for both.
- To know about me: I am a 22yo French student from Angers. I have been PostCrossing for only 4 months now, but I love it ! I have never been to a meetup, so I am pretty excited :slight_smile: I love History, Geography and Geopolitics. I enjoy reading, playing board games and videogames. See you at the meetup, I hope ! :wink:

8/ @Xixi0325 :cherry_blossom:
Participant number: 8
- My beautiful name: Xintian
- I come from : Suresnes (France)
- I speak: French, Chinese and a little English
- I can write in: French, Chinese, English
- Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: Nothing
- My favorite colors: Cyan, Black, Blue
- My favorite animals: Cat, Rabbit
- Team tea or coffee : Green tea
- How many postcards of the day would you like to have Which postcard?
- Exchange cards or letters before/after the meeting: Yes
- To know about me: I’m 22y and I study on Marne la Vallee to be a conference guide. I started to swap postcards since April.

1 Like

Hi! is someone interested in swap? I collect meet-up cards Here are my cards for swap: на обмен – 381 Bilder | VK
Thanks

Swap meetup postcards is not the subject of this post.
Create your own topic about that!

Thanks for understanding and happy postcrossing.

1 Like

Dear postcrosser’s friends,

Could anyone be interested?
If you have any questions do not hesitate :slight_smile:

Hi, I may be a bit interested but right now it’s a bit too soon to be sure about it :slight_smile:
But I will follow the topic :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, thanks.
let’s hope the meet up can be done.
For that I need answers :slight_smile:
Let me know when you can.

I wish you a lovely day :heart_eyes:

I surely would like to come.

1 Like

Wonderful Jo,
When you will sure, I invite you to post the Registration form (up) :cherry_blossom: :champagne:

I just got back from the post museum.

I have pre-booked the workshop “Once upon a time… the postman” which will be from 11 am to 12:30 pm. With the possibility of staying an additional 1h30 in the room so that we can write our postcards and sign them.

If we are 15 people, this will make a total of 14 euros each with the visit included.

As I specified above, the workshop is an option, if you do not want it, we will only do the visit.

REGISTRATION CLOSES NOVEMBER 13

Thank you to those who would be interested to send me a message as soon as possible in order to be able to organize the event as well as possible.

HURRY TO SEE YOU :heart:

Hello @ladymelody , i’m in Paris too (but we have to spoke in english ^^).
I’m interesting for the meet, but i will be honest, it’s expensive (for me), and 9:00 am, mmhh it’s very early right ?

So, in another subject, if you’re interesting, i have some “combine”, for postcard (only 20 cts the postcard), and lovely stamp in “Le carré d’encre” 13bis Rue des Mathurins.

By the way, the museum it’s a very good idea, i neither visit !

Maybe we can speak about this meet ? Send me a private message if you want, i’m ok if not, don’t worry ^^

2 Likes

Hi!

• Participant number: 2
  • My name: Marjolaine
  • I come from: France, near Paris
  • I want the meetup to be: either date is fine
  • I speak: French, English, German
  • I can write in: French, English, German
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: none, but as for food I’m a vegetarian
  • My favorite colors: purple, yellow
  • My favorite animals: dog, rabbit, guinea pig
  • Team tea or coffee : tea and hot chocolate
  • Do you want one optional Workshop at the postal museum: why not, if there are enough people for it
  • Exchange cards or letters before the meeting: sure why not
  • To know about me: hi I’m Marjolaine, I’m 25, I love TV shows, Disney, theater and musicals, video games and cooking.

Note: like @Poudrededen I think 9am is a little early to start the day, especially for brunch, we’ll be hungry again at noon aha

1 Like

@Poudrededen @thrillerwillroll Thanks for your interest in the meetup :innocent:

The day has been brought forward to 8:00 am because there is only one time slot available for the workshop and it will start at 11:00 am if everyone wants to participate of course.
Everyone is free to have brunch with the group or not. Personally, if we eat well in the morning, it should set us up for a while :slight_smile:
They are all different, but if we are hungry when we leave the visit, we will eat something somewhere. But it will be more like a snack around 4:00 p.m. (because after the workshop, there are also exhibitions in the museum to see).
The workshop would take place from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. then I managed to get the piece for one hour for free, i.e. until 13:30 p.m.
If we only do the tour, the day can start later.
I send you a private message too :smiley:

I’m sorry, I know you’re working to organise this event, thank you for doing it!
Personnally, there’s no way I’m waking up earlier on a Satuday than when I go to work :sweat_smile: I’d rather have the workshop then brunch, if we do the workshop.
Anyway, we’re only 3 here so far so I’ll wait to see if there are more people and what they think.

1 Like

If you can’t come to brunch no problem, but it would be great fun for those who get to know each other.

16 spots left

Don’t hesitate if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hi Melody,
happy Postcrossing from Germany!
I love the idea of traveling to Paris for a Postcrossing-Meetup. I’ve never been there. And the meetup sounds very orgnized. I have just one question about the language barrier, since my French skills from seventh grade are very rusty by now! :crazy_face:
Are the workshops held in French or English?

2 Likes

Hello Anne Marie,
Thanks a lot :heart_eyes: :heart:
It would be wonderful :slight_smile:
I just called and unfortunately they don’t have an English guide.
There are some audio guides in English available for the single visit but not for the group workshop.
Otherwise, a lecturer from outside the museum would have to be recruited.
@thrillerwillroll speaks German. Maybe she could translate for you??? :smiley:

Hi @MagicMarie
Sure I can try! My German is not what it used to be aha but it’d be fun, and in any case we can also translate to English

1 Like
  • Numéro de participant : 3
  • Mon beau nom : Nathalie
  • Je viens de : Strasbourg, FRANCE
  • J’aimerais que le meeting soit le samedi 18 décembre 2021 uniquement
  • Je parle : français, allemand et anglais
  • J’écris en français, allemand et anglais
  • Aucune allergie connue à ce jour :joy:
  • Ma couleur préférée est le bleu :blue_heart:
  • Mes animaux préférés : les chats, les chiens et les oiseaux (mandarins, canaris etc)
  • Ma boisson préférée est le café au lait (que j’appelle mon café bonheur!)mmhhh
  • Pour le musée de la poste, franchement les 2 ateliers m’intéressent ! Tout dépend par contre du prix ! Mon budget est assez limité, car achat de cartes postales oblige :stuck_out_tongue: le repas, un souvenir etc…
  • Echange de cartes ou de lettres avant le meeting : oui ce serait sympa !
  • A savoir sur moi : j’ai 50 ans, j’ai connu le postcrossing en 2016 et j’ai très vite été “addict” ! Quel plaisir d’écrire en français, anglais et allemand dans le monde entier, et de recevoir des cartes en échanges ; c’est que du bonheur pour moi. j’ai 2 grands enfants et je suis déjà mamie de 2 magnifiques petites filles, mes petits trésors :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
    J’aime tellement de choses que je vous invite à venir voir mon profil postcrossing : FREUND qui n’est autre que mon nom de famille, est qui veut dire “COPAIN” ou “ami” en allemand ! J’ai toujours gardé mon âme d’enfant, je n’ai pas envie de grandir ! Autrement j’aime rire, discuter, découvrir et toujours encore apprendre.
    j’ai hâte de vous rencontrer au meeting et passée une bonne journée :grinning:
2 Likes

Thanks Nathalie @freund for your participation :heart: :smiley: :fr: