Mrs. Ovsak's Kindergarten Postcard Project (2023)

Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project

I saw this post on Facebook and thought some of you would want to mail a few postcards.

It’s that time of year again! KINDERGARTEN POSTCARD PROJECT!!

I got the board ready and told the kids that we would be collecting postcards from now until May 5th! One boy was so excited that he was already pointing and naming states! This project helps my kindergarten class learn about the states and countries in a fun, unique way! It also goes with an upcoming unit in our reading series where we get to learn about different places!

We have 2 goals!

1.) Collect AT LEAST 1 card from every state
2.) Collect 500 postcards! (If we do each this goal, we will up it!)

Even if you notice that the state is colored in/we have it, we’d still love to hear from you! It will help us reach our big goal!

Families and friends of my students, PLEASE write the child’s name on the postcard! The kids will keep track of where they get postcards from on their own map. At the end of the project, the kids get to take all of the postcards home! I have past students who tell me that they still have their old postcards and loved the project.

As this post gets shared more, we’d love to hear where or who you heard about out from. On the back of the card, you can give us a fun fact about the place or simply say good luck! Postcards can also be hard to come across in some places. We don’t mind creativity through printed pictures or letters! If you send more than one, they can be sent together in an envelope if it’s easier.

Our address is

Heidi Ovsak
808 Woodland Ave
Barron, WI 54812
United States of America

You can also like and watch our project by liking Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project on Facebook.

Thank you so much for helping us out with sharing the post and/or sending us postcards! This project definitely reaches a lot of people. I try to message back, say thank you, or even like/comment, but do miss some!

13 Likes

Would you like any postcards from your Northern neighbour Canada?

3 Likes

The classroom would enjoy postcards from Canada.

3 Likes

Would you like one from Louisiana?

4 Likes

Sent a card from England.

2 Likes

Sent some postcards from England. I hope you reach your target.

1 Like

The kids enjoy postcards from everywhere, all countries. I send every year since I heard of it.
Please join in.

2 Likes

PLEASE CONSIDER SENDING A POSTCARD FOR THIS PROJECT. I am following on Facebook & have posted 2 photos here. Even if they have received a card from where you live they are still looking to reach their 500 target, including all 50 states of the USA.

6 Likes

I just sent one and followed her page. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Can send from Catalunya or Catalonia ??? Thanks .

2 Likes

I would be happy to send one from Georgia! I will be following the Facebook page as well! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The address is in the original post.

1 Like

Sending one in tomorrow’s mail. I’m really excited that young children can experience the joy of receiving “real” mail.

3 Likes

I would like to send one from Switzerland. Hope that it comes not too late))

2 Likes

Card coming from Australia :kangaroo::earth_asia:
Dream big, kids!

3 Likes

I will be sending from Singapore.

5 Likes

UPDATE: I’m sharing this from Facebook

Postcard update for the end of week 2! (As I stopped in last to take an updated picture yesterday as I forgot to before we left for Spring Break!) I STILL forgot to take a picture of the list of countries that we have received! That will be in next week’s post!

So far we have collected 314 postcards from 44 states, 26 countries, and our capital! I know some of my students received some at their house this past week and are excited to bring them in to share with us next week!

If you know anyone in our last 6 states, please share and see if they would love to help us reach our all 50 states goal! (Delaware, Idaho, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Vermont, and West Virginia)

We would also love to hear from anyone willing to help us reach 500! (We will up our goal, if we make it, as we are collecting until May 5th for sure!)

Please include who you heard about our project from. If you know a kid in my class, write their name on the back. If you don’t know my students, it’s okay. The kids will pick out different postcards addressed to the class to take home at the end!
Our address is
Heidi Ovsak
808 Woodland Ave
Barron, WI 54812
USA

4 Likes

Would love to participate! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

1 Like

Sent one from South Africa!! Hope the kids enjoy it😁

3 Likes

Just mailed a card from New York City. Regards, JamesC

2 Likes