Mrs. Ovsak's Kindergarten Postcard Project (2023-2024 school year)

The time has come for our annual kindergarten postcard project! When I started this project 13 years ago, I would have never guessed how big it would become! With all of your help, last year my class was able to get take home 1,036 postcards to keep from our project! (The one picture shared!)

We are currently on spring break and will be starting our project this upcoming week March 18-22nd! We will collect postcards until around May 11th! Every year we set three goals! Our first goal will be to collect 500 postcards! Our second goal is to get at least 1 postcard from every state. Our third goal is to see how many countries we can hear from!

If you have or know a student in my classroom, add their name to the postcard! They get to color in that place on their map, as well as take it home! If you address the card to my class, it will be put into the class pile that the children get to choose from at the end!

We would love to hear from you WHEREVER YOU are! Some people say good luck, some give an interesting fact about the place, and some tell us what you can see or do there! Many will say who or where they heard about our project.

My kindergarten students and I have learned so many cool facts about different places over the years! You can like and follower our Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project page to stay updated!

I want to say thank you in advance to all of you who share and send us postcards! Sometimes postcards do get harder to find. I have had some print off a picture of a place that they say or a card with a picture inside. If people want to send more than one, they can put them in an envelope and mail together!

Thank you again!
Mrs. Ovsak and her 18 kindergarteners!

Heidi Ovsak
Woodland Elementary
808 Woodland Ave
Barron, WI 54812
United States of America

Every year, I mail this Kindergarten class postcards for their postcards project. I thought some of you would also want to send them postcards also. I did send the teacher a private message and she gave me permission to share this post on the Postcrossing forums.

22 Likes

Hi, it will be a pleasure to send a postcard from England. What a wonderful project.

2 Likes

I will send one from Tennessee! :grin:

2 Likes

Count me in!

2 Likes

I’ll send a postcard from Brazil.

2 Likes

Mrs. Ovsak, this is such a wonderful project. I am an EL teacher in Kentucky and our school is doing a similar project! We would be happy to send you one Horse Capital of the World :slight_smile:

-Mrs. Branch

3 Likes

I will send a card

2 Likes

Cool! I’ll send one from Canada!

2 Likes

I wish my teachers did this. But I will do this for your students. And send you a postcard from India :heart::smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sending one from Washington state!

2 Likes

This is so cool! Thank you for sharing. I want to send one too!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One will be coming from Vancouver Island on Canada’s west coast!

Hugs,
M&M

2 Likes

Yes, I saw this on Facebook.

Last year, I sent several postcards from Singapore and I did see some of it on the wall in the pics that was posted.

Will be sending again this year - one is not enough!

2 Likes

I love projects like this!

3 Likes

Will send one from Hong Kong

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I will like to send across postcards from India

2 Likes

I will send one from New York State.

2 Likes

Sent one from Montana!

2 Likes

Sending a big « Howdy! » to your 18 kindergarteners from Texas.

2 Likes

Hello Mrs. Branch!

I’d love to send a card to your class.

Pls send me a direct message with your school’s address if you’re okay with that idea.

1 Like