Mrs. Ovsak's Kindergarten Postcard Project (2023-2024 school year)

That’s an interesting project!
I will send a couple of cards from Japan :blush:

2 Likes

Just sent one from North Carolina! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One from Oregon is on it’s way!

2 Likes

A card from Australia is on its way :kangaroo::postbox:

2 Likes

Sent 2 from Singapore.

Will send more over the next 2 weeks!

2 Likes

I thought I’d send this update from the Facebook page:

"I think we made it to 100 postcards in record time! FOUR DAYS! I do have some family and friends that have been traveling and sending since we wrapped this project up at the end of May last year! We have also had a couple good piles come in the mail when we arrived back from Spring Break! If there is an email address on the card or comment or message made through Mrs.Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project page, I do try to get back to you, but don’t always get to everyone! I truly thank you for sending a postcard and helping out our project and apologize for not getting back!

As of the end of today, we had 115 postcards from 31 states and 17 countries! Again I can’t believe how many different places we have already gotten to learn about!

We will collect postcards until around May 11th! Every year we set three goals! Our first goal will be to collect 500 postcards! Our second goal is to get at least 1 postcard from every state. Our third goal is to see how many countries we can hear from!

If you have or know a student in my classroom, add their name to the postcard! They get to color in that place on their map, as well as take it home! If you address the card to my class, it will be put into the class pile that the children get to choose from at the end!

We would love to hear from you WHEREVER YOU are! Some people say good luck, some give an interesting fact about the place, and some tell us what you can see or do there! Many will say who or where they heard about our project.

Thank you again!
Mrs. Ovsak and her 18 kindergarteners!"

4 Likes

I will send one from Japan🇯🇵

2 Likes

Can we follow this project on facebook as well?

2 Likes

Neato! I’ll send one from Ukraine!

2 Likes

Fab project. I will send a postcard :grin:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Justin asked me if he could share this with all of you! I have only used the postcrossing a little myself! I have to learn this site better! I appreciate all of you sending postcards to help my students out!! We reached 200 postcards yesterday!! I have received some from you through this post crossing post! I do think it’s awesome that some of you saw the post on Facebook! You can follow my Facebook page Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project!

If you add your postcrossing name, I will try to find you or heart you! Since I am new I am unsure of how much I can comment! Can I register a postcard somehow by receiving one and putting your name in somewhere?

Thank you so much again!
Heidi and her kindergarten class

1 Like

Yes Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project on Facebook!

2 Likes

Thank you! If you send me your address, my class would love to send your class a postcard!

1 Like

I found it… and I see you received a card from The Netherlands, so I hope that is mine?

Kind regards and happy Easter,
Ellen :tulip: :wave:t2:

1 Like

It would be good if we have some names of the students (first name only will do).

1 Like

Yes we did! Thank you! Happy Easter to you too!

1 Like

Aaron Asma Benson Ella Emma Everly Hannah Harper Iris Jaxson Jordy Khaled Mascud Mason Rudy Ruger Santiago M. Santiago R.

If they are made out to the class, that’s okay too. The kids get to pick from the class ones and take them home! Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this project. It’s really cool! I just sent a card.

1 Like

Looking at my “files” it can’t be mine, since I posted it last Wednesday. I confused this project with a German project for which I sent a postcard beging of March. Mine card should arrive in the week of of April 8th :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

What a great project! I’ll send a postcard from California.

1 Like