Moose meetup in Ed, Saturday, June 29th, 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Ed, Dals-Ed, Västra Götaland, Sweden
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Dalsland Moose Ranch, Högankas 2
:calendar: DATE: June 29th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:30am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Visiting the moose ranch, meeting the moose, postcard shopping, eating lunch, signing postcards

Welcome to a moose-themed meetup in Ed … ! We will be visiting the Dalsland Moose Ranch where we will be able to see the moose up close and even interact with them as we will be participating in a feeding session at 11am (supervised by the ranch staff, of course). You can read more about the ranch here: Dalslands Moose Ranch: Experience moose in Dalsland in their natural home

We will also find time for some postcard shopping around town. Our local host @arcticgirl64 will show us the places to go. The ranch has a cafe where we are planning to sit down to have some lunch and sign our postcards.

There will of course be a moose themed meetup card for this meetup! Watch this space :wink:

This same weekend the town of Ed will be hosting Sweden’s largest country music festival, for those who are interested in this, you can read more here: http://www.edscountryfest.se/

Please let us know in this thread if you are interested in or planning to attend. :slight_smile:

ATTENDEES:
arcticgirl64 :norway:
LeishaCamden :norway:
KAS :norway:
marit_la :norway:
Signhild :norway:
NOE6ACV :de:
Inger71 :norway:
hannaahl :sweden:
lyndac :canada:
Sverige :sweden:

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

5 Likes

Ed is only 30 min drive from the border to Norway at Kornsjø. There is train (VY) going here from Oslo (towards Gøteborg). Take just over two hours. Train from Gøteborg to Ed takes about 1 hr 40 minute.

This meeting plan sounds amazing. You guys are tempting me! :smile:

3 Likes

See you there :grinning:

2 Likes

Watch this space for a meetup card! @arcticgirl64 took some cute moose pictures at the park and I’m doing my worst to turn them into adorable meetup cards :joy:

4 Likes

I am so tempted to finally attend a meeting in Sweden. Will try to come. :grin:

1 Like

I will be there.

1 Like

Will it include a visit in the cottage?

@mikebond we would love to see you there! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Inger71 what do you mean? What cottage?

Yours! A joke, sorry…

Inger71 is joining us

It’s a 2 1/2 hour drive …

1 Like

Accomodation:

In addition to the rental apartment in my housing association, nok 150,- per night (not per person)I have book the one in a friend’s association as well. This costs sek 100,- per night. Guess it’s room for 2-3 persons. I have also room for a couple to sleep in our apartment.

If someone wants to book something by themselves, please don’t wait too long for booking, due to the country festival. There are Dalsland hotel, stasjonshuset B&B (at train station), youth hostel, campsite, site for motorhomes next to Lilla Le lake in centre of Ed. There are also airBnB in Ed

2 Likes

Count me in.
On a side note - Am I the only Swede to sign up this far?

3 Likes

Yes

I’m afraid so … ! :smile: You should promote it to your Postcrossing countrymen. But it’s unfortunately pretty normal that meetups in Sweden are mostly Norwegians :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I am planning a visit to Europe at the end of June so i will come to the meeting with Inger71. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Are any of you from Oslo as I will spend a couple of days there before the meeting.

2 Likes

That’s great news Lynda! :smiley: Marit and I live in Oslo and Kari lives close enough that she can make the trip too. We should have an Oslo meetup for you!! Is there anything in particular you are interested in seeing or doing there?

And I am so tankful that you do these meet-ups. Always happy to see you all.

2 Likes