Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

I received a card from @Jasondavid and thanked him but the message has disappeared. It was a card of the National Art Gallery in Ottawa.

All of my January 2021 RR postcards have been sent🙂

1 Like

@lyndac your message wasn’t posted here, but in the messages. Here’s what you wrote:

Thank you Jason David for the postcard of the National Gallery in Ottawa

@dietarygal : This is where you should post your thanks and cards. Thanks!

Hi I recieved my first R&R post card today !! ( Is this is where I write updates :shushing_face:) Thank you Linda C

How exciting! I have received cards from @JasonDavid @helloleah27 @dietarygal @lyndac @evank (a trilogy :slight_smile: ) I like walking down to the mailbox when there is a postcard prize waiting for me! I don’t know what I like best, the friendly words, the beautiful pictures, or the stamps. Each is a suprise. Can you imagine having these short conversations with random people on the sidewalk? What is it about receiving a few lines from a stranger on a postcard so welcome, and yet a few lines from a stranger on a bus or elevator so awkward? Take care, stay healthy, and do fun things!
Susan

2 Likes

The coldest day in Ottawa in two years was a big mail day!

From @stormarela, a colourful drawing of Nanton, Alberta - love the architecture and elevators, thanks Susan!
From @lyndac, a neat card from the Frederick Banting museum in London, Ontario. What a beautiful desk, and even an Ingersoll cheese museum postmark - thanks Lynda!
From @evank, an unlikely trio: an amazing painting of Yuri Gagarin, an Afrikaans language monument in South Africa, and Johnston Canyon in Banff. Fantastic, thanks Evan!
Something new for the new year: I’ve added the images below, beginning with the previously reported card from @AnitaGrace.

1 Like

Two cards in this week:
One from @dietarygal Helen - a neat aerial of Summerside PEI with some cracking tea - thank you so very much. Over just recently been introduced to dirty Chai and it’s really good!!

An envelope from @JasonDavid with lots to look at - a serene lighthouse, a balancing black bear on bark in the backcountry, Abe Lincoln and antiquities! Thank you Jason these really hit the spot!!

1 Like

Received January cards from @evank
Thank you

1 Like

I’m working on my postcards now so they will go out tomorrow. I’m working on a bunch of other projects right now and have so many piles of crap everywhere that I couldn’t easily get at my postcards until last night…I can’t ever do just one thing at a time!

Meanwhile, I have received from:

@evank - Golden, BC, a volcano crater on Maui (it would be really interesting to hike there!), and Arrowtown, New Zealand

@dietarygal - a lovely serene view of Basin Head, PEI

@stormarela - a cool apple box label from days gone by

@JasonDavid - Alcatraz - yes, prisons are definitely an obscure wishlist item!

@helloleah27 - a great vintage Coca-Cola sign hanging on a door

Thank you all!

1 Like

More mail!
From @dietarygal, a view of Cavendish Beach in PEI National Park, thanks a lot, Helen!

From @garvey, a well-timed winter scene (plus two great Soviet cards for our direct swap), many thanks Alexander!

1 Like

So many lovely postcards received! Going to the mailbox has become such a treat.
@helloleah27 - a fantastic cat card (and yes, it’s cold here too - hope you’re keeping warm!)
@garvey - a cool vintage mallard duck card (and some vintage Christopher Plummer moments in the stamp)
@evank - a fantastic trio! My girls especially love the adorable fawn and the platypus
@dietarygal - native birds of PEI (wood ducks are amazing)

Thank you all so much!

1 Like

Received funny Owl card from @helloleah27
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Jason @JasonDavid thank you for the photo-hiking card from Saskatchewan…I’m hoping for a better year this year too… I hope you and your family are staying well… take care…and have a great month too…L

1 Like

Hi Susan @stormarela thank you for the Vanity Fair postcard… and answering some of my questions…the weather is much better in Edmonton area this week too…was even raining on my way home from work yesterday morning…made for an ice rink on the neighborhood roads😊… take care …L

1 Like

Hi Helen @dietarygal its so nice to get a postcard from beautiful PEI…thank you…I visited there with my family when we lived in Nova Scotia in 2001…I hope you and your family are well…:blush:L

1 Like

Please sign me for February RR

1 Like

Hi Lynda @lyndac thank you for the postcard of the cabin…looks like a nice peaceful place to have a cabin…I hope you and your family are well and all the best in 2022😊

1 Like

Hi Alexander @garvey thank you for the postcard of Toronto…yes I agree it looks much different now…all the best in 2022😊

1 Like

Hi Anita @AnitaGrace thank you for the postcard… such a neat picture on the front…omg so funny… everyone in my house now is blowing on their fingers everytime we touch our necks​:joy::joy: so we don’t get goiters!! Taker care and all the best in 2022!!

2 Likes

Received:
Lovely heron and duck card from @dietarygal
Rare Monet painting card from @AnitaGrace
Emily Carr painting card from @stormarela

Thank you!

1 Like