Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

@farmgirll both of these cards are from @mezzanine2?

1 Like

@farmgirll I put this one against March, since you had not received it yet…

Thanks and today I did pick up the frog stamps. I was going to send the eclipse on the day but we might be overseas by then!

Received:

Solar Eclipse card from @ykarenes - thank you. We had sky covered by clouds that day, So, I took only several photos of eclipse at 50% phase. :frowning:

Inuit art card from @reach4thestars - thanks. We love hiking, and walked in many parks in GTA. From recent walks - East Don trail from Steeles to Sheppard, Colonel Samuel Smith park (plus two others along Ontario shore), and trail at Bathurst & Mills St.

Tunnels of Moose Jaw card from @farmgirl - thank :slight_smile:

Temple in Bangladesh card from @moneill - thank you!
I wonder why the towers of the temple look a bit like the Tower of Pisa :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Leah @helloleah27 for your well decorated, time consuming, beautiful Jasper card! It was triple cancelled! Hand cancelled, bar code machine and I still couldn’t believe that they still put a pencil crayon mark! Unfortunately Some postal outlets are not aware of how to sort!

1 Like

April 2024 Monthly RR – Canadian edition

Thank you to @reach4thestars for the compact “Beautiful Ontario” letter postcard. I appreciated the cheerful, optimistic message, doodles, the sand dunes definitive stamp and is that French Impressionist themed washi tape? Yes, yes it is!

2 Likes

I’ve cot a Canadian Rockies card from @helloleah27 - thank you!
It’s rainy here, but my tulips are about to bloom :slight_smile:

1 Like

April RR

Thanks so much @farmgirll for the super cool Moose Jaw postcard and gorgeous stamps! I especially love the Parks Canada stamp, sooo pretty! I’ve never been to Moose Jaw but it sounds like a lot of fun! Definitely something I’d like to see!

Thank you @moneill for the stunning Gertrude Elion postcard and awesome Franklin stamp! I loved Franklin as a kid so that made me smile! I love the card set too, the style is so pretty and so much fun to look at! I love all the details. Gertrude sounds like such an amazing person!

Oh my gosh @ykarenes I’m so excited to get your eclipse postcard!! I was just scrolling through a Forum the other day and was like “I wish I could get this postcard!” and yours arrived! Thank you so much! I had an eye doctor appointment during the eclipse which I thought was pretty funny. The whole sky went dark while I was in the parking lot!

Thank you @helloleah27 so much for the awesome Jasper National Park postcard!! I love the art!! I display National Parks postcards on my wall so I’m so happy to have it! Your decorating is just the best, thank you for all the awesome stickers and stamps! I hope you had a wonderful birthday, spending it in Jasper sounds like a blast!

Thank you @garvey for the gorgeous Covered Wall Vase! It’s beautiful! I’ve never visited the Gardiner Museum, 'll have to check it out! In response to your post, I love Colonel Samuel Smith Park! My sister goes to school close by there so I’ve wandered around while waiting to pick her up!

2 Likes

Lots more mail!

An awesome raven from @helloleah27 which is intensely decorated even by your standard, Leah! Thanks a lot, and glad to know that you got to a favourite spot on your birthday :birthday:! As for summer, that’s still a bit of a question mark for me at this point.

Thanks Alexander @garvey for the Colonial Williamsburg (Virginia) card of the harness maker and saddler shop. I like the sign out front. Seems like a good destination for @farmgirll!

@reach4thestars - Stiles, I love this 1884 poster of Toronto breweries, thanks very much! I’d be curious of the total number of breweries in the city then versus now. PS cool owl and squirrel tape, too! Happy spring.

2 Likes

Hi everyone…all of my postcards were sent out on April12, 2024. Thanks take care
L

1 Like

April 2024 Monthly RR – Canadian Edition

Thank you to @ykarenes for the total solar eclipse 2024 postcard and the corresponding solar eclipse stamp from Canada Post! The stamp is a great design.

I also like the informative message too. Here in Vancouver, all we got here during the solar eclipse was rain and clouds!

Thanks everybody; check your postcards this month as I’ve included a scratch and sniff sticker on the back.

2 Likes

:wave: MAY is now open for sign ups! :wave:

2 Likes

@stinkypaw, please sign me up for May :grinning:

April cards are arriving!

Thank you @helloleah27 for the beaver animal facts card, and the gorgeous Eid stamp! Our weather keeps teasing us with glimpses of spring, and then snowing again. There is still snow on the ground in the woods. :rose: :snowflake:

Thank you @garvey for the gorgeous purple Bellagio card! I’ve never been to las Vegas. I’d like to see the old Vegas from the '50’s. :purple_heart: :game_die: :game_die:

Thank you @reach4thestars for the beautiful illustrated mushroom card with vintage stamps! I’m toying with the idea of having a mushroom property survey done by an expert so I can forage here with more confidence. Right now I can only really id oysters, chanterelles, and hedgehogs. :mushroom:

Thank you @mezzanine2 for the Fendi art card, the beautiful Diwali stamp, and the scented sticker that did smell like orange after scratching it! :tangerine:

Thank you @farmgirll for the Memphis card and Winnie stamps! I’d love to visit Graceland and the blues bars! :guitar:

Thank you @moneill for the Daring Dames card and the rabbit lunar new year stamp. I hope you had a lovely visit with your step daughter! :rabbit: :rabbit2:

3 Likes

Me please and thank you!!!

A snow day in manitoba!! Wtfudge.

2 Likes

Lots to report today!

Great Memphis card from @farmgirll
Love the pooh stamps! Yes, we’ve gotten some gross, wet snow this week. Seems to be improving now. Springs going good. Planning a trip to Regina end of May. Thanks Crystal!

A very pretty bee card from @reach4thestars
I love spending a morning with postcards & coffee. Hope your creative writing assignment went well. You must be almost done for the year. Thanks Stiles!

Mount Fuji has arrived from @garvey
I wish we had bullet trains here. There’s some talk about a high speed train between Edmonton & Calgary. Will probably be completed when I’m 80 lol. Thanks Alexander!

2 Likes

No snow here, just sun and this afternoon just reading and laying outside suntanning!

No post for the last two days. We head overseas this weekend and I’m short two cards arriving this month so in advance. Thank you Stiles @reach4thestars and Karen @ykarenes for your cards. I going to guess that Karen’s might be the solar eclipse!

I’ll be on travel mode. It will be interesting what countries I’ll get! I’m even taken some Canadian cards with me! I got 20 spots to fill!

4 Likes

@ garvey.thanks for the Foal card. Perfectly timed for foaling season. This one is easier on the nerves ha ha.
We where over cast as well for the eclipse. I was ready with my homemade ceral box viewer!!!
Have a great week ahead.

@reach4thestars thanks for the great Toronto card. My daughter is headed there in a few weeks for a weddings!! Maybe they will find some time for some sites. Ill show her this.
Cheers.

@ykarenes great card and post date Karen. Thanks so much. It was cloudy here but it sure cooled down for a good 45 minutes. Brrrr. : )

@helloleah27 cute card!! I love your decorations too! Always so fun to see what you create.
Easter was good. The kids like leftovers so i cook way to much but they eat for free for a few days when they leave !!! The " girl" comes with take home containers ha ha.

Heres a photo of my friends brand new sheep from 330 am ( fri)

She said it was so cute. She went to the barn and the Mom said BAAAAA then she heard… baaa.
And flipped on the lights.
Hope all is well at your end. First horse camp starts Thursday. Im so out of shape…
Unless round counts!!! : ) wish me luck!!

5 Likes

Hello! I’d like to join for May :grinning:

1 Like

@Stinkypaw please add me for may! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Stinkypaw … please include me for May RR. Thanks

L

1 Like