Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

The first card to Gallop into Edwin is from @JasonDavid

Thanks for the Sable island card. It would be a awesome trip!!!
Today finally feels like spring. The guys are itching to get to work. I still give the kids Easter eggs and they are 27 ,28 and 30 ha ha.
Have a great month. Crystal

3 Likes

All of my April cards went in yesterday’s mail.

I’ve received a couple already:

Thank you @JasonDavid for the Chasmaporthetes and Outauais cards and purple butterfly sticker! I had no idea that there were ever hyenas in North America. I’ve started drinking my morning coffee outside on the deck, but I still need to be bundled up. :blush:

Thank you @cpaige for the gorgeous butterfly card and lovely stamps - the art stamp arrived unscathed! :grinning:

2 Likes

From @mezzanine2, the Getty Centre art and architecture museum in Los Angeles - quite the sprawling complex! Sounds like you had a museum-filled trip, John, and nice that you got to see family as well. Many thanks!

2 Likes

April 2024 Monthly RR – Canadian Edition

Thank you @JasonDavid for the postcard portrait of American photographer Gordon Parks. I have not watched a lot of the Blaxploitation films from the 1970s, but the theme song from “Shaft” by Isaac Hayes is the best!

When the red flower blossoms bloom, we easily have hummingbirds here. I also have not see any hummingbirds yet.

2 Likes

A great package from @cpaige was in the mailbox yesterday

Thanks so much. Both postcards brought laughs. The photo on the one card is great, every person looks like such a character! Makes me want to write a short story inspired by it. Who knows? I very well might!
And oh the stamp! That’s a candidate for the " They destroyed my stamps" thread. Perfectly hand cancelled to show off the stamp and some postal worker grabs his sharpie?!?! Sigh, lol
Thanks Cory!

1 Like

Thank you Jason @JasonDavid for your travel poster art card from Quebec! Yes we like the show Allegiance that is shot in Surrey. It’s fun seeing all the local shots and when they talk streets I know exactly where they are! They even shot a drug scene just up the block at our local coffee/bakery! I’ve been golfing and biking recently and biked 3 days a row 15 to 20km in different area of the lower mainland!

2 Likes

Hello @JasonDavid ! Thanks for the Owen Sound postcard. When i was growing up we had an area called Frog Pond by us. My brother and I would spend a lot of time wading & messing around there. Lots of fun!
I hope we’re finally done with snow. The Canada geese are back, a bunch were hanging out on top of the Butterdome when I was walking to work yesterday. Happy April!

2 Likes

I’ve received from @JasonDavid Lean Bakst’s painting card, thank you :slight_smile:
Yes, those shoes look exactly like ones from Bata Museum

2 Likes

Today 2 cards arrived! Thank you Meghan @moneill for your Bangladesh mosque post card! My first from there! The stamp you used is one of a couple dozen recents that I do not have so I have a choice to make! Add the card to the stamp album with card or into my UNESCO/historic sites album!

Thank you Crystal @farmgirll for your Moose Jaw underground post card.I found the tour very interesting when we did it back in 18. I wasn’t collecting too many post cards at that time we were there so I have none from Moose Jaw! You fill a hole!

2 Likes

Super cute ice cream postcard has come from @helloleah27

Love it, the illustrations are so fun. Thanks Leah!
We’re doing ok here. Scott ( my son) is finishing up his first year at NAIT and I’m running around at the UofA Pharmacy as students prepare to go home or travel for the summer. It’s a busy time!

Happy April

1 Like

Hello Karen!

Very cool eclipse postcard with matching stamp!
I’d love to be in the path of totality. I think 2044 edmonton will be, so just another 20 years! Lol
Had to laugh at the stamp. It looks as though it’s been triple cancelled! Your lovely hand cancel, then machine cancelled, then some postal worker said " Twice is not enough! Where’s my sharpie?"

Thanks @ykarenes

2 Likes

An intriguing art card from @mezzanine2
I like this sculpture very much and it was neat to read about your impressions of Los Angeles. I’ve never been there. Thanks John!

2 Likes

April 2024 Monthly RR – Canadian Edition

Thank you to to @moneill for the black and white portrait of Miss McDonald from the Provincial Archives of Alberta. It’s interesting that she might be linked to Old Strathcona; is that the neighbourhood that’s the hub of the city’s annual Fringe Festival?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the neighbourhood!

1 Like

@farmgirll - thanks Crystal for this great (and horse-decorated) view of the Dominion Lands Office in Moose Jaw, 1912 - quite a crowd! Love the stamps, too! I’ve never been to a geothermal spa - makes me think of Iceland, not Saskatchewan, lol. Happy spring!

@ykarenes - thank you Karen for the eclipse memento - a maxi card with matching stamp! It was overcast in Ottawa but still neat to experience.

@moneill - thanks Meghan for a great addition to my beer-themed collection- Anheuser-Busch brewery, circa 1912, with a locomotive, streetcars and horses all engaged in distribution. Too bad that their product (Budweiser) is so bland, lol!

2 Likes

An unique advertising restaurant card arrived today from Alexander @garvey! Thank you! I’m a hit or a miss on advertising cards but this one is a keeper!

1 Like

@mezzanine2
Thanks John… i think it would be fun to watch a lumber jack contest!! Tinights in Manitoba we have a cold rain. First it smelt like dirt , then it smeltvfresh after. A little heat and it will green
up!! The men are ready to farm!! Cheers!!!

Thanks for the great card… you know me !!
I cant wait to hear about ur trip. Maybe you can tease us here with the odd photo!! Have a great time. The eclipse stamps are nice. Did u see the frogs yet? :frog: i bought 3 packs today. Im stocking up on P stamps. Safe travels Crystal

1 Like

@mezzanine2
Super cute John. I must admit i enjoyed the scratch and sniff haha. A childhood memory.
Glad you enjoyed your CA trip. : )
Crystal

2 Likes

@moneill
Thanks Meghen. I sure did gonto Camp.
I was a Girl Guide!!! I loved it. Thanks for the memories!! Now i adult horse camp : )
Does that count too?
Happy spring!! Crystal

1 Like

A bumper crop of postcards from the April 2024 Monthly RR – Canadian edition arrived Monday!

Thank you to @garvey for the sepia coloured postcard of Audrey Hepburn. I bought a book about the making of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” last year – I should start it, so I can finish it.

Thank you to @helloleah27 for the sparkly postcard of the Las Vegas sign and the exuberantly designed reverse side: stickers, washi tape, the new Eid stamp, and even the cancellation stamp. I like Las Vegas; I am overdue for a visit. The message reminded me of that Oprah show where she told everyone is getting a car.

Thank you to @farmgirll for the postcard image of the tunnels of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan! Easter celebrations were muted, but family celebrated with a meal out to a celebrated Vietnamese restaurant on Easter Monday.

Thank you all for the lovely postcards.

1 Like