Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

I will join again in April, thanks @Stinkypaw !

1 Like

April’s Addresses have been sent out! Have a good month!

1 Like

All cards have been posted out today from the Ocean Park/Surrey postal outlet!

2 Likes

Hi Anita @AnitaGrace thank you for the -Girl at a sewing machine- oil paining postcard…it’s very nice and for all of the cute stickers…thank you for asking the girls are doing well… Carra is graduating to be a teacher next month and Calli is doing good too… I had to take some time off work because my mom got sick… so between Calli’s appointments and helping my mom out… I’m staying too busy…I hope you and the girls had a happy Easter and I’m thinking about you and yes we are so grateful to have such amazing healthcare here too…take care of yourself… let me know how you are doing…:heart:
L

2 Likes

Two cards from March RR just arrived to me:
Cute cat card from @AnitaGrace - thank you!
I read now mostly on my phone, but I still have a lot of books on the shelves waiting their turn…

Casa Loma card from @reach4thestars, thanks.
Last time I was there about a year ago. Yes, I know that it was used in many films, e.g. in Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

2 Likes

Postcards for the members of the April 2024 group have already been mailed, and have started their travels. Thank you.

1 Like

More March cards arrived:

Thank you @helloleah27 for the Take a Whisk card. Wonderful decorated back :heart_eyes: I loved the book Remarkably Bright Creatures!

Thank you @reach4thestars for the leaf ID card - I love the sticker bombed back!! I hope you had fun at ComicCon :grinning:

1 Like

I have resent the postcards to members of the March 2024 group, to @farmgirll and @reach4thestars. Please let me know if and when those postcards arrive.

1 Like

The first postcard from the April 2024 cohort has arrived on Friday!

Thank you to @cpaige for the paper ephemera that has arrived. It includes the following:

• two “Rambo/First Blood” themed postcards from Hope, BC – thanks for the informative messages

• a bookmark and brochure about the Coupeville Festival in Washington state; it sounds like a lot of fun

1 Like

Yesterday my first April card has arrived from John @mezzanine2. Thanks for the good looking card of Vancouver bought from Granville Island. I’ve also shopped there and I think I’ve purchased cards from that same place a few years earlier! Great Diwali stamp!

2 Likes

Happy April!! My cards are headed out in tomorrows mail. Have a great month everyone.
Crystal

1 Like

I’m late reporting on a March card from @farmgirll Thanks Crystal - love the creativity and the leap year theme! And thanks for all the stickers!! So fun!

1 Like

My April cards are all on their way!

1 Like

My April cards have been sent

1 Like

Hello!
Sorry for the late report, I was out of town for a while and my mom misplaced our mailbox key :upside_down_face:

@AnitaGrace thank you for the cute cat card. My boys are 5 & 9 (turning 10! this month :tired_face:)

@reach4thestars thank you for the cats and plants card (look the moomin stickers :heart_eyes:) my current fave “snack” is buldak ramen, the creamy carbonara one :yum:

2 Likes

All my April cards are sent

1 Like

Received:
Rambo - First Blood cards (bought at filming location) from @cpaige - wow! Thank you!

Another Cinema card - Steven Spielberg - from @mezzanine2 - thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

April RR

Thank you so much @JasonDavid for the wonderful Canadian National Railways postcard!! It’s amazing! Vintage, railway and maps are all postcards I adore! So cool it features the Bruce Peninsula, my friend and I went on a hike that the Bruce Peninsula went through in October! I’d love to hike it someday. I hope your visit to Owen Sound goes well. My cats are all currently curled up by the fireplace haha!

@mezzanine2 thank you for the awesome James Dean postcard! What a great picture. I’ve been meaning to watch Rebel Without A Cause for a while now! The scratch-and-sniff card is awesome, I love it! So cool about John Waters using scratch and sniff stickers to heighten the film experience!

Thank you so much @cpaige for the amazing mail! So kind of you to send two postcards and the very pretty bookmark! And such a fantastic cancellation stamp! Ebey’s Landing looks so wonderful, I would love to go camping there! I used to go camping every summer but since COVID I haven’t been! My friend and I are hoping to go in September. The Hotel Chateau Laurier postcard is AWESOME! I love it!

Thank you so much everyone!

3 Likes

March RR

Thank you so much @mezzanine2 for the awesome Grouse Mountain postcard!! I’m so excited about having a different design for it! Thanks so much for resending it! It’s so funny how sudden the changing seasons feel to me! I’ve been so used to it getting dark early that I’m so surprised whenever I’ve left the house in the evening recently to see it still sunny!

3 Likes

First card received, from @cpaige, the Sunshine Valley Tashme Museum in interior BC, site of Canada’s largest WWII Japanese Canadian internment site. Thanks a lot, Cory! - I love cards like this, of museums that I didn’t know existed. I’m sure this one would be a sobering visit - though I’m glad to know that it has been established to ensure that this sad history is not lost.
PS have a great trip!

1 Like