Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Another arrival from the March 2024 group:

Thank you very much to @ykarenes for the postcard featuring a vintage train travel poster. I also like the Martin Short stamp and the stamp cancellation mark; it certainly is better than cancellation by wax pencil!

2 Likes

The post man brought forth another card today! It’s from Edmonton. Thank you Leah @helloleah27 for your well decorated Easter card with a perfect Spring flower stamp! Interesting that the cancellation is on the 18th and today is the 20th. This time it’s a quick delivery from Edmonton!

2 Likes

I’m in for April please!
@Stinkypaw

1 Like

For the fourth straight day one RR card arrived today. A real beauty from Stiles @reach4thestars the card showing the first 8 post offices in TO. I find it interesting that #7 was used from 1852-1973, also very interesting that your Great-Great Grandfather printing company design those 1980s small denomination stamps! I’m Curious if you bought this post card from the post office?

2 Likes

Thanks Stiles @reach4thestars for the awesome poster card from the Peterborough canoe museum! :canoe::smiley: I had to look up where Gore’s Landing is located - seems like a good road trip destination!

2 Likes

Hi John @mezzanine2 thank you for the Grouse Mountain postcard… it looks and you make it sound so beautiful… Winter Wonderland… how lucky to get to work up there… I love the mountains most of all… I find I always feel so calm and peaceful there… do you ski or snowboard too? I hope you are doing well now that Spring has finally made it… although it was still snowing here last night on my way to work… take care John.
L

Hi Karen @ykarenes thank you for the Soul Blossom postcard… I too love these designs… I love to spend more times outdoors too… but right now it is very much still Winter… was even snowing last night… but I also love a gloomy grey day… sometimes we need those along with bright sunny days… have a Happy Easter… take care.
L

Hi Stiles @reach4thestars thank you for the Poutine postcard with instructions to make the perfect poutine… I love these recipe cards…your story of you life flashing before your eyes sounds terrifying…I hope you have a good Easter weekend with your family… take care… and I also like the drawing…
L

2 Likes

All remaining postcards from the March 2024 arrived In Friday morning’s mail delivery today!

Thank you to @AnitaGrace for the postcard featuring an illustration of Edinburgh Castle and the surrounding landscape. I hope to travel extensively soon; visits to see family first hopefully be the first priority.

Thank you to @reach4thestars for the postcard featuring the architecture of Hogwarts from “Harry Potter”. I’ve only read some of the books, yet have not seen any of the movies! Your choice of stamp was the same as @helloleah27!

Finally, thank you to @helloleah27 for the postcard featuring a hamster wheel pun! Again the star of the show is the reverse side featuring the written correspondence and the exuberant decorative elements.

As for your question, I spent the most recent trip up to Grouse Mountain inside the lodge, buying postcards for this group (it’s been a financially challenging winter season for the mountain) and writing them when not focused on work!

Please sign me up for the April 2024 group.

3 Likes

@reach4thestars
Thanks for the lovely fireworks!!! Sounds like your ski trip was a success
Family time is so important!! Have a happy Easter. Crystal

2 Likes

From @helloleah27, a classic Coca-Cola delivery truck. After some sleuthing (looking closely at the license), I’ve concluded that the photo is from Venezuela in 1952! The front of the card may be black and white but the back is certainly a blast of colour! Thanks a lot, Leah, and I bet that pie was super tasty! :pie:

2 Likes

Two more cards have arrived!

Gorgeous decorating, as usual, @helloleah27
Thank you! Enjoying the return to winter? :expressionless:

Thanks @ykarenes for the Women in Art card. I really like them too! Great KD Lang stamp, my dad will be excited when I show him. Hope you made it through your book in time!

2 Likes

The Daily Postcard on X: ““St. George, N.B., looking West”, posted 21 March 1918, a later Valentine & Sons card (112,329). By this time automobiles can routinely be observed in these small-town images. This same scene, with many of the same buildings, in November 2021: https://t.co/wBDEvAtvW6 https://t.co/NjumNCUIoE” / X (twitter.com)

Hmmm…horses :+1:
carriages :+1:
New Brunswick :+1:
Who does this card bring to mind? :thinking:
I think I’ve got it… @farmgirll

1 Like

This is definitely calling my name!! Great card.

I screen shotted it and will email it to my Dad.
My Uncle lives here. : )
Thanks!!

1 Like

Thank you @mezzanine2 for the Grouse Mountain card. Sitting in a ski lodge with a hot drink and a stack of postcards sounds lovely!

And another BC postcard from @postcrossingMel Cool that there is a self-serve stamp kiosk!

Thanks @reach4thestars for the adorable cat card. My youngest has already claimed it - although really it’s going to go with the rest of the cat cards in our kitchen cabinets. Where are you planning to do your hiking trip? I’ve been mostly sticking to trails in southern Quebec and the Ottawa area lately.

Thanks @ykarenes for the cute spring cat card. I’m always curious to see what pops up in my garden too. I rewilded a few years ago and can never remember what all I planted lol

And thank @helloleah27 for the mermaid card. The craft fair sounds great. For Easter this year I’m getting my kids to help organize the local Easter egg hunt - for years they were the ones running around finding eggs, but now they are old enough to be the organizers (-:

And in case I forgot to say it, all my cards were mailed by the 15th

3 Likes

I did buy the postcard from the post office! It’s a fantastic little place with a writing room with wood furniture and a fireplace and lots of great postcards and stationary for sale. I hope to go next month and send you all postcards from there!

@Stinkypaw please sign me up for April! :star: :smile:

1 Like

March RR

Thank you so much @helloleah27 for the AMAZINGLY decorated Easter Card! I love the stickers and blue border and my name in different letter stickers! The Easter design is adorable! I’m great, thank you! I had a 10h baton competition on Saturday and it went pretty well! My coach was happy so that made me happy as well! Remarkably Bright Creatures sounds awesome, I’ll have to check it out!

Thank you very much @AnitaGrace for the hilarious Alice in Wonderland postcard! I think it is the creepiest Alice in Wonderland image I’ve ever seen :rofl: It made me laugh aloud! The Queen Elizabeth II stamp is really beautiful, thank you!

2 Likes

Good morning.
Received a sweet indigenous card from @reach4thestars for February a few days ago.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve received two American cards:

Chicago architecture card from @ykarenes - thank you!
Mosaic card from Seattle, WA card from @helloleah27, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please sign me for the April RR
Thanks

1 Like

Two more cards were in the box today!

A neat art card from @reach4thestars
Thank you! Baton twirling definitely counts as an usual hobby. Very cool!

And pretty kitties from @AnitaGrace
So cute, thanks! Have a good Easter weekend.

3 Likes