Month of Letters

7 postcards going out today :grin:

6 Likes

In the past 3 days I sent 14 cards :scream:
To various countries : Russia, China, Serbia, France, French Guiana, Canada, US and Norway :love_letter::incoming_envelope::mailbox_with_mail:

9 Likes

Such a diverse selection! You must spend a great deal of time matching postcards to profiles.
As a newbie, with a small collection, itā€™s a challenge to find a good ā€˜fitā€™ for recipients. I expect this to change over time, with more experience, as I become more familiar with Postcrosser interests, and as I get back into the world, traveling and able to access more postcards.

3 Likes

When I was a newbie I had only postcards of the place where I lived and I couldnā€™t find any other. But Postcrossing is about different cultures and countries and to learn something new about those places, so I am always happy to receive a card with the city/nature views of the country and Iā€™m sure many other members feel the same way. Donā€™t feel bad if you cannot find a postcard to match some particular interest of a postcrosser, this project is about connecting with people through postcards regardless of whatā€™s on it :blush:

1 Like

I sent 11 postcards in envelopes this week to my single friends for ā€˜Galentineā€™s Dayā€™. I popped them in envelopes as I also put in a heart shaped rainbow foil wrapped chocolate and heart shaped lolly for them too :slight_smile: Would have spread them out more over the month but want them to arrive in time for 13th/14th February this weekend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m so determined to do the challenge properly that Iā€™ve been walking to the postbox at 10/11pm to post my postcards if I forget to go earlier in the day (even though that postbox isnā€™t emptied until 5pm the next day!) but it is sometimes quite hard to keep up. Iā€™ve sent 22 postcards so far this month though so maybe I wonā€™t feel too bad if I miss a day now :joy:

4 Likes

5 postcards to go out today

3 Likes

Yesterday, 11th of February, one postcard was sent, to France. I couldnā€™t send anything else

But for today, I got a little bit more. 2 postcards to Germany, 2 to USA, one to Portugal and one to Brazil :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

5 postcards to send today :blush:

2 Likes

I posted one birthday card today and I am preparing two postcards to be posted tomorrow

2 Likes

That Beauty and the Beast one :heart_eyes:

Iā€™ve been writing and mailing letters every day this week. I was in the middle of one letter to a friend who lives far away, when a letter arrived from her in the post. Letter dated Nov. 25. Stamp cancelled Nov. 26. The envelope looked like a truck drove over it!
It symbolizes the surreality of these pandemic times: this week, as I send valentineā€™s postcards, a Christmas letter arrives.
Never know if we are living in today, last week, last month, last year ā€¦ ?

2 Likes

The last days I made it to send or at least write, the daily mail item. I donā€™t make it to post here daily, though.
Iā€™m eagerly waiting for a postcard-slot to become available but if not, I still got some friends on my list.
I had so much fun writing this postcard to Finland that Iā€™m now thinking about searching a Finnish pen pal. It was fun to struggle to write easiest sentences in Finnish (that I learnt on a beginners level and didnā€™t practice for ages), it feels a good idea to get back to practicing it.

5 Likes

Last weekend I wrote 5 postcards and 1 letter, all of which were posted today

3 Likes

I used the weekend to catch up on the Month of Letters and wrote 4 things: a paint-me postcard to a friendā€™s kid, a forum tag postcard, an envelope filled with stickers for another friendā€™s kid and a postcard with a slightly wild assignment for one of my cousins. Writing postcards to kids just makes me happy, so Iā€™ve been doing more of that lately. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see you, too, @MarijnPascal have postcards from the lovely Bibliophilia collection! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I have :slight_smile:
With stores closed, one does not have many options to find nice postcards, so I ordered many online

We had our annual Family Day long weekend in Ontario, with Monday a statutory holiday. :partying_face:
Unfortunately, we couldnā€™t gather as we normally would {pandemic], though we did enjoy outdoor snow play (sledding, hiking, etc.) with our grandchildren.
And, I wrote mail!
Three Month of Letters for each day of the weekend, one official Postcrossing, one pick-me-up to a daughter-in-law soon to write mid-term exams (the Zombies postcard), and two swaps.
All in the mailbox traveling through our trusty mail systemsā€¦
An aside: there has been a Covid outbreak at one of our major Canada Post distribution centres in Toronto-area. Mail has slowed down ā€¦
Ana, @meiadeleite, thank you for organizing this Month of Letters. Canā€™t believe weā€™re already at the midway point! Itā€™s been such a joyous pandemic mid-winter distraction!
Cheers!
Helen

4 Likes

Yesterday, 15 of Feb,I sent one postcard to myself. This means, I gave the card to someone, to send it over to me. He lives in a different place than me, so I wanted a stamped card from there, for a project I am doing

2 Likes