Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023

I’m really looking forward to the month of letters!! I had a great time last year. I’ll have to organize some addresses this evening… :blush:

2 Likes

I totally agree ,
I’ll try participating in month of letters '23
Count me in:)

2 Likes

I’ll be participating too :writing_hand:t2:
Guess as the majority of my mail is leaving the country, I’ll have to call it InCoWriMo (or an inofficial Month of Letters) :grin:

1 Like

hi i wanted to add that February 26 is “Letter to an Elder Day” if anyone was interested in that.

5 Likes

I wrote my first postcard, to a friend in China!

Hopefully later today I’ll have a bit more time to dedicate to letters :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Day 1 - and full of motivation :blush:

4 Likes

Fresh cold air this morning for my trek to the post box. Four cards in the mail today; two officials, one specific to MoL, and one to a friend.
MoL cards ready for the rest of the week, plus special card and gift card for our amazing postal carrier! :postbox:

3 Likes

Starting this along with Postcrossing :love_letter:

7 Likes

That’s so exciting!! Welcome to Postcrossing and have fun with the challenge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::love_letter:

3 Likes

Day 2 is another postcard to a friend. :slight_smile:

My first piece of mail for the month is a misdirected postcard to someone who lives just down the street from me! It’s about a 10 minute walk, and I could probably save myself the postage and envelope by delivering it myself… but where’s the fun in that? I’ll write a little note, pop it in an envelope, and send it on its way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks for the smile @halflingstory ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just joined postcrossing at the end of January, and through here I found the February challenge. I love sending snail mail, just as much as I love getting it, and have so many long distance friends. It’s been good discipline for me! So far I’ve shipped out two cards two friends in the country-- I’m hoping to get some of my out-of-country friends soon as well :smiley: It’s been really relaxing to slow down and decorate the cards and consider what to put in them. Usually I tell people when I mail them things, but these have all been ‘secret’, so I can’t wait till they hit their mailboxes!

1 Like

A day early as there is no weekend mail delivery, I have given our wonderful postal carrier a gift certificate for hot drinks at Tim Hortons ( on her route) with this card - today. I am certain she will smile as she does have snow to climb through and it’s -20C. :cold_face:

2 Likes

“A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
:love_letter:
To Belgium.
Day4/28

1 Like

Thank you for the lottery!

1 Like

Sending my 5th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
:love_letter:
to Germany
@postcrossing
Day5/28.

1 Like

Day 2 - 4 :writing_hand:t2:

My first five go to these countries. :postbox: :memo:

1 Like

The first four mails for February – this week’s envelope for my personal postcards of eternal return project, an official (alice with the pig) and a tag card (for Diary RR), another tag card (…i think, i can’t remember, oops)

1 Like