Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023

Sending my 6th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
:love_letter:
To USA
@postcrossing
Day 6/28

I just received a lot of things on February the 4th, does this mean I will need to send a lot of replies as well if I want to do this challenge?

1 Like

It’s up to you! It is officially stated as part of the challenge, to reply to everyone who writes to you. But I’ve personally never held myself to that part of the challenge, and if you don’t want to you’re not obligated to. Just do what you can/what will make it fun and rewarding for you :blush:

1 Like

@Mirella673, my approach is to set the goal of sending out one piece of mail per day (card or letter). In this way I am the giver of happy mail to 28 people. That’s my commitment to this project.
If I accept a swap with someone during MoL, that can be part of my 28-day personal goal; more often, though, that is extra.
If I get mail from someone unexpectedly, they are not part of my goal. I might actually wait until the end of the month / early March to write back in the event I don’t have time in February.
Overall, the goal is to have some fun, do as you can, feel good about what you can do.
Do not put pressure on yourself. Do not set hard rules that make it feel like a drudge.
Really … just have fun!
And try to send a couple of pieces of mail that you wouldn’t otherwise send.

Note: I’ve noticed in past years of MoL that it is not unusual to peter out at the end of the month. Again … don’t fret about rules; set your own expectations and accept your own limitations. Just have fun.

4 Likes

Sending my 7th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
To Canada
@postcrossing
Day 7/28

2 Likes

Sending my 8th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
To China
@postcrossing
Day8/28

2 Likes

Sending my 9th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
To Lithuania.
@postcrossing
Day9/28

1 Like

Hello, i just started at postcrossing. And want to send more carts. Or send a letter. Can someone help me? I really enjoying it. And like to make people happy with post from the Netherlands

Greetings from Veronica

1 Like

Post deleted by author… Too late for this year :confused:

@Dr-K Not at all! You can jump in at any time. No need to fret about the calendar dates. Participate at your own pace, when you can. It can be for just a few days or for a couple of weeks. Or, really, you can start today and go until March 12th, and there you go - a Month of Letters! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sending my 13th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
To GERMANY
@postcrossing
Day13/28

3 Likes

So far … on track. Sending two or three pieces of mail every day. Today’s mail - one letter, one tag, one RAS, two swaps.

4 Likes

Second week of mail

7 Likes

Sending my 14th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
To RUSSIA.
@postcrossing
Day14/28

Does anyone else find themself falling behind through the week, then catching up in one short burst on the weekend? I always end up with a stack to send out on Monday or Tuesday, but then don’t start writing again until Friday :sweat_smile:

Here’s my stacks from the past two weekends:

6 Likes

That’s why I like Sunday afternoons @halflingstory ! I can prepare for the week ahead. :writing_hand: :postcard: :wink:

3 Likes

Today being a special day, here are my cards: Tags, request and “Just because…” cards.
Going from Texas to… everywhere! :blush:

Happy Valentine’s to All :tulip:

7 Likes

Sitting at my desk, on a ridiculously warm 7C February afternoon, writing cards and letters for Month of Letters. The sun is gorgeous and I am enjoying a Moomins tea from @tiitinen and suddenly this joyful surprise.
Just wanted to share —

7 Likes

At first I did not understand where to get addresses and was upset that I had no one to send postcards to, and then I rubbed my eyes and found a forum! :laughing: It’s good that you can start even in mid-February!
Today I sent my first postcard in the month of letters and look what luck: I photographed a postcard with a postal car against the background of a postal car near the post office! Have a fun trip to Germany, little card!

Не понимаю, почему картинка перевернута и как это исправить :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I wonder if this counts as a Maxipic - Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures) - #50 by MathieuC