Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023

:rofl:
Multiply this scene @meiadeleite X 800,000+ Postcrossers, all huddled at their desks, under a tiny lamp, with a cup of tea or coffee, our brains working through so many choices … clickety-click, clickety-click and then … all done!
Clean up the disorder tomorrow. :yawning_face:

3 Likes

The starting date is getting closer, and I’m getting a little excited about it! :slight_smile: I’ve made the usual blog post about this challenge on the blog, and linked to this topic — hopefully some participants will come around and share their journey with us here!

4 Likes

oh i really would try it this year too
:wink:

2 Likes

I just signed up - very excited. @HookedonPostcards and @meiadeleite - this is SO me - things precariously piled sliding off the desk, lost the stamps AGAIN, why can’t I find the washi tape design I want, why hasn’t my new order of postcards come yet. I vowed to get organized in the next few days…

It’s just too fun… :smiley:

3 Likes

@Cerimoon, Month of Letters is a great time to focus, organize, and have a terrific time with happy mail. Enjoy! :partying_face:

2 Likes

More 4 days to this amazing journey :slight_smile:
I’m already looking forward to waiting.

1 Like

I have written thank you notes to teachers; used postcards and postcrossing addresses; sent recipes to friends…however if you do go to the lettermo site linked above, you can scroll through the members there, befriend them, and get their addresses that way.

It’s easy to find 28 people in your day to day life to send a note to!

2 Likes

Thank you to all who have answered. I think I have enough people to write to. I may even write on weekends. If I run short of addresses, I will come back to this thread and ask those who have helped me along the way. Take care and Happy New Year everyone.

2 Likes

I love participating Month of Letters.

1 Like

Just registered on the site, really excited for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I registered too! Glad to learn about it here - thanks for posting!

1 Like

I’ve done Month of Letters the past few years. I don’t always write something every day, but I usually have more than 28 pieces of mail total throughout the month. It’s been a lot of fun making new pen friends and renewing older pen friendships!

1 Like

Hello! Could you suggest how exactly this is done? Is there some special button or form to request one address every day?
I want to participate! I have so many beautiful postcards and so little postcrossing experience :smile:

1 Like

First year doing this! Can’t wait! I have a couple of people in my life whom I can send letters to. But if you would possibly like to be on my mailing list then let me know! I have a Google Sheet link Kristella's Month of Letters Challenge - Google Tabellen

1 Like

@Lana_Pushik easy. In Postcrossing (official = www.postcrossing.com) I can request up to 30 addresses (or ID’s). At the moment I have all the vacancies free, so I will ask for an address per day (“postcards” » “Send a Postcard”).

I might be a little too excited… because I decided to start today, the 30th. It’s not like the mail I sent is going to get there tomorrow. It will probably take a few days, which means the recipient won’t receive it until February, so that’s pretty much the same thing as sending it in February. Right? :grin:

5 Likes

I’d like to participate! It’s my first time. I’ve signed up in LetterMo.

2 Likes

Definitely!

I also count my new year cards towards my InCoWriMo total, even though new year this year is in January :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Aaaaaaah, just one day to go! :tada:

3 Likes

I just put my account back to active so people can draw my address for this month of letter :smile:

2 Likes