Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

Yesterday’s postcards

And today’s

I still managed to send one official postcard each day - let’s see for how much longer :crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

Unfortunately today I didn’t have a few minutes to travel to the city to put the postcards in the mail (I work between my house and downtown). So, tomorrow I will put the correspondence I have ready for today, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
This year I’m really enjoying this Month of Letters. Although my preference is for postcards, this one I decided to venture into letters and looking for penpals that I intend to keep for the future. Yesterday I received my first letter sent by @thatgirldianne and which I intend to answer over the weekend :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi there, everyone!

It’s so wonderful to see everyone’s updates for MoL and what they’re doing, sending, receiving, etc. We haven’t been posting on this thread much - however - we have been participating.

• 10 letters sent for Love for Our Elders organization

• 7 Official Postcrossing cards sent

• More “tags” cards than we can count

• One MoL penpal letter to a Canadian Postcrossing Member

• 4 Birthday cards for family/friends

• 1 Thank You card (aunt sent us a Congrats Graduate card & gift)

• 1 card left in our mailbox for our mail carrier for Thank a Mail Carrier day

Hope you all are enjoying MoL as much as we are! I’m beginning to think our postal carrier is sick of all the mail to/from our house!

Cheers!

10 Likes

Only one person that I have written to has actually sent me a card back so I sent another card to that person today. I wonder how long we can keep this loop going?

I sent out 3 other MoL cards. One was to a sorority sister who helped me with some paperwork. She was kind enough to give of her time for something that was not going to benefit her at all so, of course, I sent her a lovely card with flowers and cute stamps.

I am starting to think about what I want to do for 2/22/22. Maybe send each person that I want to write on that day two cards? Use the $2 stamp on that day and limit my letters to only a couple? :money_mouth_face: A plan needs to come together by Tuesday. :v:

6 Likes

An official going to a brand new postcrosser!

8 Likes

MoL Postcrossing Feature – Postcard Books
Thank you to @halflingstory for introducing me to Favourite Postcard Books discussion in your postcard book lottery.
I had no idea there were so many interesting and unique postcard books out there!
My mother recently found a book of beautiful bird illustration postcards book that she had stored away in a box since 1993. Couldn’t bring herself to write on them. A couple of weeks ago, she gave the book to me.
So … inspired by @halflingstory 's lottery, I plan to hold a lottery next week, as Canada celebrates our first official Kindness Week (we sure need more of that!). I will update here when the birds lottery is running.
Thank you all for continuing to share your MoL joy!
Cannot believe there are only 10 days left! Hasn’t this month flown?!

8 Likes

Hi there,
Today I’ve wrote and post this 2 card :grin:

4 Likes

Today, I received a reply from the church member who had the lung transplant. She loved the card and shared that she is having eye surgery on Monday. Yikes! I am so glad the card got there on time and that she felt comfortable sharing the info. I pray all goes well during and after her procedure. Now, I need to send a get well card. :wink:

I am participating in my first traveling notebook. :notebook: It is very cool. I think I want to start one sometime later this year. Anyway, I was very moved by the stories written in the notebook by the person before me so I decided to send her a card today thanking her for her transparency and authenticity. It was refreshing and very moving.

7 Likes

Yesterday just one postcard :grimacing:

A bit more today :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Today we interviewed a candidate for a youth minister position at my church. The interview went very well. The candidate will be traveling back to his home state on Monday. Guess what will be waiting for him (hopefully) when he returns home? Yes, you guessed right - a postcard! I sent one to him and his spouse today to share how much we enjoyed their visit and his vision for youth ministry. I hope the card leads him to reflect fondly on his time in Tennessee and the time spent with our church leaders. I hope he gets the job!

5 Likes

Hi every one,
Hope you all enjoy the Sunday! Here the sun shine! But it’s cool!
So today I only wrote a postcard for the birthday of my mom.

2 Likes

MoL Postcrossing Feature – “Missing Post Office” in Japan
@Larch recently posted: “Have you ever wanted to send a postcard to someone whose address you don’t know? or maybe to someone who already left this world? or your pet? or maybe to yourself in the future?”
Well … “You can write your “undeliverable” messages, feelings, hope, dreams, thank you messages, or anything you want and send it” to the Missing Post Office."
You can learn more about the “Missing Post Office” here. Including, an address to send mail to!

4 Likes

I’m behind just one day, but I handmade two postcards for official Postcrossing addresses and a third one in progress. Handmade takes time because I attend to costumize the postcards. I did somsomething new - a puzzle art piece! I have three more I like to make and add with the letters.

My two close girlfriends were very happy with their handmade postcards - one postcard was honouring our long-time friendship and the other was a comfort postcard for the passing away of her husband…(Unfortunately didn’t made a photo of my own) I added some tea bags with the postcards!

And after being creative and the writing I always end up with tea & chocolate reading the comments here to keep up! :hugs:

Till the next time,
Tannina ⚘

17 Likes

So today I’m going to send:
1 birthday card
1 Official Postcrossing card
2 Direct Swap cards.

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping up with my sendings as well, mostly to Postcrossing peeps, friends and family! :slight_smile: It’s been such a nice month of letter and postcard writing!

4 Likes

Beatiful work @BuonaFortuna. Do you participate in the MailArt group, or the Handmade group?

1 Like

Thank you for your compliment. I know those two art topics. I started with some tags in the beginning and saved those two groups to joint someday…:hugs:…I have also a snailmail penpal and lack of time for my many hobbies! :wink:

(I can made a postcard for you involving stamps as a little gift of being the host of this topic…You’re welcome by sending me your address!)

Have a lovely day,
Tannina ⚘

1 Like

I’m also keeping up … have managed to write one official card per day and at least one additional piece of mail outside of Postcrossing activities on most days.

Today I’m sending a card and tea to my aunt who is going through a rough patch, so she doesn’t forget about taking care of herself too:

8 Likes

It’s really wonderful to see so much care sent out by mail to friends, family and even strangers via Postcrossing! Such as @Wolfsmondfee’s 'care’mail to your aunt! Even the “Immune Support” tea seen in your image reveals a caring message. Thank you @Wolfsmondfee for sharing!
FYI everyone: when my 3-year-old granddaughter wants something off my plate, she musically states, “sharing is caring”:musical_note: . Of course it is! :wink:

5 Likes

Yesterday I managed a nice variety of postcards

And today I learned that it’s really difficult to take a nice photo of a 3D postcard :sweat_smile:

6 Likes