Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

I had to look the Gorjuss card…:woman_shrugging:t3:…but I love rainbows anyway and this image is so lovely!

1 Like

Keeping up the writing till now and even did some extra writing this first part of the month! My postcards for yesterday and today to official Postcrossing addresses…

Tannina ⚘

4 Likes

We have come over halfway and I have enjoyed sending this nice bunch of cards, one every day! :postbox: :hugs: :ru: :us: :cn: :slovakia: :taiwan: :de: :netherlands: Last year I got a tiny bit more variation when it comes to countries, but the basic process (and excitement) of postcrossing is the same whether my card travels to Russia or Greece, so I have been happy this far. (Oddly enough I somehow feel extra satisfied after mailing a card to the big postcrossing countries compared with other countries. :thinking: )

12 Likes

This is my outgoing of today

In 16 days I have already written and sent 63 pieces of mail, including postcards, letters or envelopes with other collectibles (stamps, bookmarks and sugar packets).
This number includes Postcrossing postcards (official, RR, Tag), correspondence via the Month of Letters platform and surprise mail for friends.

With all the mail I still have to dispatch, I will be able to fulfill at least the average of 2 pieces of mail a day until the 28th.

This month is being go to be crazy :crazy_face::drooling_face::mailbox_with_mail::mailbox_with_mail::mailbox_with_mail:

I currently do my daily mail updates on my instagram page: postcardsfromogait.

10 Likes

My most recent outgoing mail…

Not long to go now!

8 Likes

I was just thinking this morning how nice it would be to have enough slots to draw an official address every day for this! I have 8 at present…so it’ll be a couple of years before I can do it this way. But my orderly little head likes your one per day list of officials very much! :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Love your little date stickers that you attached to your images @BuonaFortuna ! Such a terrific way to add detail to the visual story.

2 Likes

LOVE :purple_heart: this graphic representation of your daily MoL mail @Regndroppar. Look at all that love going out to the world from your mailbox, every day! Awe-some!!! :clap:

3 Likes

Crazy fun, eh @ogait ! :bouncing:
It’s wonderfully inspirational to read all of the posts; to feel the energy and joy that each of you is sharing. Thank you all!
I’m also having a blast sending cards and letters!
I just learned that this year is Canada’s first celebration of Kindness Week, the 3rd week of February. Perfect timing as the 3rd Monday is a statutory holiday in many provinces, including Ontario where I live. It’s Family Day!
So what are we doing? We are having the whole gang here for brunch, making my mother’s famous pancakes. My grandchildren will help. My mother will watch her great-grandchildren and eat very happily.
Then, we will go outside to make ice sculptures. Lots of love, beauty, kindness.
So what about MoL? Well, after all the gang has left, I will write my cards for the last days of Month of Letters (well, after we clean up first! haha).
I’m all set to send some out just in time for International Women’s Day - March 8.

7 Likes

Sounds great this Kindness Week and how lovely to make ice sculptures, @HookedonPostcards! Thank you to put a link to an article how to make easy ice sculptures. Beautiful those balloons of ice and even with color! If ever we have a few really cold temperatures i will try to do make an ice sculpture. Unfortunately our winters in The Netherlands are now so soft that snow and ice aren’t common anymore…Please share some photos!
Next week it is a holiday for my kids and we will go a few days away to an other province. A good opportunity to buy some new postcards and them to the last official Postcrossing addresses I keep for those days! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello! Work tried to derail my progress, but I refused to let it win! :smile: Today I received a wonderful response to the card sent to my walking buddy. She was going through her mail and was just expecting mundane stuff until she saw the card. She said she read the card and “all came to a full stop”. She ended by saying, “You have given me a boost that shall be treasured. I treasure you.” :heart:

Today, I sent a card to a former exercise buddy. Our girls were in elementary school together, and we both were overweight so we decided to work off the pounds together. :weight_lifting_woman: It was a wonderful time of step aerobics, elliptical machines, and good-hearted competition. After my family moved, we did not keep in touch. I hope the card finds her well and willing to re-establish our friendship.

12 Likes

It’s wonderful to read so many MoL participants are writing specifically to remind people how much they are cared about and, sometimes, missed after long absences. Definitely a theme!
Thank you for sharing about your MoL cards @SecretCityGrl ! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hi every one,
I’ve already send 48 : 43 postcards; 1 letter; 2 birthday cards; 1 Card S. Valentim; 1 Box with a gift.
So today I’ve mail all of this

12 Likes

Hello everyone :heart:

What a nice moment to read all your updates with MoL ! Such frienship and happiness spread around is warmful :hugs:

This week I planned to penpal. I’m late in answering to several of my dear penfriends. This one is ready to go to Russia !

Have a wonderful day :heart:

7 Likes

Yesterday I wrote a letter to a penpal. Today I wrote three cards, but only these two will travel by mail, to penpals:

9 Likes

Yesterday’s postcards

And today’s

I still managed to send one official postcard each day - let’s see for how much longer :crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

Unfortunately today I didn’t have a few minutes to travel to the city to put the postcards in the mail (I work between my house and downtown). So, tomorrow I will put the correspondence I have ready for today, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
This year I’m really enjoying this Month of Letters. Although my preference is for postcards, this one I decided to venture into letters and looking for penpals that I intend to keep for the future. Yesterday I received my first letter sent by @thatgirldianne and which I intend to answer over the weekend :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi there, everyone!

It’s so wonderful to see everyone’s updates for MoL and what they’re doing, sending, receiving, etc. We haven’t been posting on this thread much - however - we have been participating.

• 10 letters sent for Love for Our Elders organization

• 7 Official Postcrossing cards sent

• More “tags” cards than we can count

• One MoL penpal letter to a Canadian Postcrossing Member

• 4 Birthday cards for family/friends

• 1 Thank You card (aunt sent us a Congrats Graduate card & gift)

• 1 card left in our mailbox for our mail carrier for Thank a Mail Carrier day

Hope you all are enjoying MoL as much as we are! I’m beginning to think our postal carrier is sick of all the mail to/from our house!

Cheers!

10 Likes

Only one person that I have written to has actually sent me a card back so I sent another card to that person today. I wonder how long we can keep this loop going?

I sent out 3 other MoL cards. One was to a sorority sister who helped me with some paperwork. She was kind enough to give of her time for something that was not going to benefit her at all so, of course, I sent her a lovely card with flowers and cute stamps.

I am starting to think about what I want to do for 2/22/22. Maybe send each person that I want to write on that day two cards? Use the $2 stamp on that day and limit my letters to only a couple? :money_mouth_face: A plan needs to come together by Tuesday. :v:

6 Likes

An official going to a brand new postcrosser!

8 Likes