Monterey County Meetup - Saturday, July 15th

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Monterey (Central California)
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Steinbeck House (Salinas)
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, July 15th, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME:3-6PM (PST)
:blush: CO-CONSPIRATOR: @sonataca
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

EXCITING UPDATE! :heart_eyes: The Monterey Library was already booked, but I managed to find another unique location that is cozy and historically significant to California’s Central Coast. We are officially booked for a meetup at John Steinbeck’s birthplace in Salinas. You can read about this awesome home here: Welcome to The Steinbeck House | The Steinbeck House

They are excited to host us for this first ever event of its kind. I am creating Meetup Cards that thematically tie into the famous author, John Steinbeck in a visually attractive way. I hope you will like it. I will post updates about that ASAP.

Also, I needed to change the time from the original post of 2-5pm to 3-6pm. I hope this will not pose too much of an inconvenience. You are welcome to come earlier and dine at the house’s restaurant beforehand. They also have a cute little gift shop in the basement. I can’t wait to see you all next month!

We now have a meetup card! 20 cents per card. Please message me to order. You can Venmo me at Earth_2_Laura or pay me at the event. Here is who I have so far…

@bwong - 25 cards (paid)
@antoniadm09 - 30 cards (paid)
@neongreen - 25 cards (paid)
@luckycherry - 40 cards (paid)
@Langfordlibrarian - 60 cards (paid)
@ruth707 - 25 cards (paid)
@jlynch9923 - 25 cards (paid)
@b1tm0ney - 20 cards (paid)
@sherylep - 30 cards (paid)
@sendwashi - 25 cards (paid)
@PhoenixFad - 10 cards (paid)
@Smiley - 10 cards (paid)
@Skeen - 25 cards (paid)
@Monkeyflower - 25 cards (paid)
@ohmydrey - 10 cards
@kanosis - 25 cards (paid)
@kimakoi - 25 cards (paid)
@feistypnai - 25 cards (paid)
@clrossi6510 - 20 cards (paid)
@mty - 40 cards (paid)
@traceyk - 30 cards (paid)
@brownbugz - 50 cards (paid)
@KarenHungarian - 10 cards (paid)
@Carollee321 - 20 cards (paid)
@mailedwithlove - 20 cards (paid)
@JouFamily - 20 cards (paid)
@Nicholas - 25 cards (paid)
@PlanetariumDude - 20 cards (paid)
@lucedelsole - 20 cards (paid)

12 Likes

Sounds like a great time! Anyone coming from the Bay Area and want to carpool??

3 Likes

I would be interested in attending. A little far to go, but we enjoy the Monterey area and haven’t been for awhile.

1 Like

I was just alerted about this. I put it on my calendar and will try to attend.
Thanks for organizing it!
~Andy

1 Like

I will try to come. I have never gone to a meet up.

1 Like

@heatherradcliffe
And I have never hosted a meetup. First time for both of us. Hope you can make it! :blush:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see you guys!

1 Like

Hello! I think I’ll be able to make it! Will there be a meetup card?

1 Like

Absolutely! I’m designing something now and will show everyone when I’m done. :blush:

Okay, Everyone! We are approaching one month until the meetup. Big updates coming tomorrow after I finalize things. :blush: Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

2 Likes

New details posted above. :wink:

1 Like

Hello Everyone! We now have a meetup card! :heart_eyes: It measures 5x7 and the cost will be around 20 cents each. (Still figuring out numbers). Please message me if you are going and how many cards you are interested in.

Hi, I’m Nathalie from Chile. I would like to exchange a postcard. Let me know if you’re interested. I could send you the postcard alone or in an envelope.
Greetings from Latin America,

• N
1 Like

Definitely interested. will try to make it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meetup card has arrived! :blush:

2 Likes

Count me in. I would love a meetup card.

1 Like

OMG :heart_eyes: What an amazing postcard!
Steinbeck’s house :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Could I swap?
I have these cards from last meeting in Krakow, Poland

Best, Joanna

1 Like

There is a Steinbeck Museum in walking distance from the Steinbeck House where this meetup will be held. You may want to check that out.
Have a great meetup!

1 Like

@MsHelper Thank you for your post and for your kind message. I’m sorry you will not be able to join us, but I appreciate your support. Message me your address and I will be sure to send you a card. :blush:

Looking forward to seeing you all in two weeks. Please RSVP and let me know how many cards you want to reserve if you can join us. Please also reach out to other Postcrossing friends. I would love to have a strong attendance. :blush:

1 Like