Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers May 2022 Virtual meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Maryland/USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Virtual Meetup Online
:calendar: DATE: 21 MAY 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1500 Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Greetings all!

The Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers will be hosting a virtual Meetup on 21 May 2022 at 1500 Eastern Daylight time (-4 UTC). It is open to anyone in the world who would like to participate. - 4 UTC is the key here. We are in the Eastern Time Zone of North America with clocks advanced one hour for daylight savings time.

How to participate -

RSVP for this event at the following link:

[Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers May 2021 Virtual Meetup | Meetup]

Sat, MAY 21, 2022, 3:00 PM: This event will be conducted virtually on Zoom. That means you attend by videoconference (teleconference if you don’t have video capability). Zoom is a cross-platform application that supports this capability.

The password to join this event will be provided to all who have RSVPed just prior to the event via an email from this site.

The theme of this event is addresses and postcrossing geography! Please come prepared to talk about your experiences with these topics via correspondence, particularly with postcards and postcrossing! Bring cards to share!

Agenda:

1 - Introductory remarks
2 - Geographic Rround-the-table introductions, via Google Earth
3 - Short presentation on addressing systems
5 - Open discussion (bring your favorite geography related postcards and correspondence to show off!)

A note on Zoom etiquette:

When you enter the event you will initially be placed in a waiting room. One of the hosts will quickly get you into the conference, this is done so that we can accurately create an attendance record and verify that we have all of your info correctly.

Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking. Errant cats, dogs, wombats children, jet airplanes and trains do not always add value to the conversation!

Once in the conference, please add your Postcrossing handle to your Zoom login name. This can easily be done by using the three dot pull down menu next to your name and is not a permanent change.

We ask that all participants participate at least once in the chat. This helps us with the attendance record.

Note that the chat will be recorded and may be made public following the teleconference. We may also attempt to record the whole thing.

An event card is being produced for this event, and will be made available to all attendees. Details will be provided during the event. Photos of both sides of the event card can be seen below once it has been printed.

This event is open to all postcrossers, no matter where you live! In the past we have had postcrossers from Norway, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, England, Canada the Philippines, Uganda, Mexico, The Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden, India, Singapore and Australia as well as numerous U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Hope to see YOU there!

12 Likes

I will try to attend. Sent message on the platform. Thank you.

1 Like

I think I registered on the website but could you please check @eta55 . Thanks, Eric.

1 Like

Don’t see you on the Meetup site, but an RSVP here works, we got you!

1 Like

Thanks.

I would like to join again :smiley: The last meetup in February was great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@eta55 I have again technical problems with entering on the website, but hope it will be ok to write it here? Many thanks!

1 Like

Yup, good to go, we’ve got you Antjelino!

1 Like

I plan to attend - I’ve enjoyed the past events. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in too, please. Many thanks in advance for organising what should be great again. :blush:

2 Likes

I would like to attend.

I will be traveling in a car at the time, but as long as I have cell service and remember my headphones, it should work fine.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for informing me about this event in your envelope, Eric!
I have noted down and reserved the date :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you to Mid-Atlantic Post Crossers for hosting another meetup this year!! The meetup in February was such a blast!

4 Likes

@shanicat

great :+1: hope to see you all soon.

2 Likes

I’ve just signed up via the link. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I signed up via the link and am very excited about the meetup.

3 Likes

Just registered! Can’t wait :blush:

3 Likes

It would be great to join again. I just sigened up via the link!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing everyone today, we have a couple of special treats lined up for you!

6 Likes

I am looking forward to meeting all of you :smiley: it will be 9 o´clock in the evening here when the meetup starts :alarm_clock:

2 Likes