Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers May 2021 Virtual Meetup

:world_map:  Hosted in Maryland/USA:
:pushpin:  Virtual Meetup Online:
:alarm_clock:  22 May 2021 1500 Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC):
:page_facing_up:  MEETUP PLAN:

Greetings all!

The Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers will be hosting a virtual Meetup on 22 May 2021 at 1500 Eastern Daylight time (-4 UTC). It is open to anyone in the world who would like to participate.

How to participate -

RSVP for this event at the following link:

This event will be conducted virtually on Zoom. That means you attend by videoconference (teleconference if you don’t have video capability). Zoom is a cross-platform application that supports this capability. You’ll find details of how to get access to the Zoom event when you RSVP at the link supplied above.

Note that the website at the link above is being used to manage this event; this forum page is a courtesy announcement, but all RSVPS and queries should be conducted via the Meetup site linked above.

Agenda:

1 - Introductory remarks
2 - We’ll have a ten minute presentation on maritime postcards
3 - Round-the-table introductions, please keep it short, as this could take a while depending on how many people we get!
5 - Open discussion (bring your favorite maritime related postcards to show off!)
6 - Share your vendors - Please come prepared to share info your favorite vendors for Postcrossing activities (postcards, rubber stamps, stickers, wash tape, pens, etc.)

Lessons learned from previous Postcrossing Virtual Meetups:

When you enter you’ll be placed in a waiting room. One of the co-hosts will quickly get you through and into the conference. We’re following this process to make sure we’ve accurately gathered your information so that we can process the event cards quickly and efficiently.

Once in the conference, please add your Postcrossing handle to your Zoom login name. This can easily be done by using the three dot pull down menu next to your name and is not a permanent change.

Zoom includes a chat (texting) function; this allows for sidebar conversations in addition to the videoconference. Often these two overlap; it is helpful if, while in chat, to state the following in your text: to whom you are responding if responding directly to someone, and a repeat back of their question.

Note that the chat will be recorded and may be made public following the teleconference. We ask that all participants participate at least one in the chat, as this helps us with determining attendance.

An event card is being produced for this event, and will be made available to all attendees, details can be seen on the event page listed above. Note that the event card does not use the Postcrossing logo as that is not permitted for virtual events.

This event will be conducted in English and is open to ALL postcrossers, no matter where you live! Last time we had postcrossers from Norway, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, England, Canada the Philippines, Uganda, Belgium and Sweden as well as 18 U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Hope to see YOU there!

10 Likes

Any meet-up cards to be printed ?

There will be, we are still in the graphic design phase and still trying to get the cards from our last event sent out. As mentioned above, details will be updated here:

@Exploradora73 @Annerie @juytters @Mieke1985

Maybe I like to join again?

1 Like

Will join for sure

sounds fun… I will have to check our local time, but I sure will try to be there!

Ciao from Italy!
I would love to join!
Thanks Eric! :blush:

I would love to join!

Please count me in, i love to join

I will join :slight_smile:

I would like to join! Thanks for telling me about this, Eric!

Normal it will be 21u I think so.

I think it will be at 20:00 o’clock / 8 p.m. Dutch time… Summer time starts at the end of March and during summer time it’s 5 hours earlier in Maryland… At least that’s what the internet is telling me, correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Yes it than, Than we have suller clock this weekend?
I forgot it! :slight_smile:

no not this weekend, the next… In the night from March 27 to March 28 :wink:

Looking forward to it @eta55!
d (@mysweetlife63)

Oooh, yes please! Do count me in. :hugs: If there is anything I can do to help, then please, let me know.

Hi :slight_smile:
I’ll try to attend as well :slight_smile:

Yes please… I’m in :slight_smile:

Thanks Eric …

I would like to join. Thank you!