Mid Atlantic Postcrossers MAR 2021 Virtual Meetup

:world_map:  Maryland, USA:
:pushpin:  VIRTUAL MEETUP ONLINE:
:alarm_clock:  13 MAR 2021, 1500 Eastern Standard Time (-5 UTC):
:page_facing_up:  MEETUP PLAN:

Greetings all!

The Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers will be hosting a virtual Meetup on 13 MAR 2021 at 1500 Eastern Standard (-5 GMT). It is open to anyone in the world who would like to participate.

How to participate -

RSVP for this event at the following link:

Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers NOV 2020 Virtual Meetup

This event will be conducted virtually on Zoom. That means you attend by videoconference (teleconference if you don’t have video capability). Zoom is a cross-platform application that supports this capability. You’ll find details of how to get access to the Zoom event when you RSVP at the link supplied above.

Note that the website at the link above is being used to manage this event; this forum page is a courtesy announcement, but all RSVPS and queries should be conducted via the Meetup site linked above.

Agenda:

1 - Round-the-table introductions, please keep it short, as this could take a while depending on how many people we get!
2 - We are hosting on the day of the new moon! We’ll have a ten minute presentation on lunar postcards and stamps
3 - Open discussion (bring your favorite moon related postcards or stamps to show off!)
4 - Share your vendors - Please come prepared to share info your favorite vendors for Postcrossing activities (postcards, rubber stamps, stickers, wash tape, pens, etc.)

Lessons learned from previous Postcrossing Virtual Meetups:

When you enter you’ll be placed in a waiting room. One of the co-hosts will quickly get you through and into the conference. We’re following this process to make sure we’ve accurately gathered your information so that we can process the event cards quickly and efficiently.

Once in the conference, please add your Postcrossing handle to your Zoom login name. This can easily be done by using the three dot pull down menu next to your name and is not a permanent change.

Zoom includes a chat (texting) function; this allows for sidebar conversations in addition to the videoconference. Often these two overlap; it is helpful if, while in chat, to state the following in your text: to whom you are responding if responding directly to someone, and a repeat back of their question.

Note that the chat will be recorded and may be made public following the teleconference.

An event card is being produced for this event, and will be made available to all attendees, details can be seen on the event page listed above. Note that the event card does not use the Postcrossing logo as that is not permitted for virtual events.

This event will be conducted in English and is open to ALL postcrossers, hope to see YOU there!

8 Likes

I will attend for sure. what time is it now?

Same as the last one. I believe that you are 13 hours ahead of us. It is 0719 as I type this on the east coast of the U.S. and 2019 in Manila.

1 Like

i checked my universal time converter and it will be 4:00 A.M. my time on Sunday. Will wake up early again and join. Hopefully if there will be more in the future try to use the same time so it will be fine for me. you can do earlier so it will be night time for me

RSVP’d. I had a great time at the last one, looking forward to this one! Thanks for organizing this!

I’m putting it on my calendar! Thank you for setting this up again! How can I help?

Couldn’t join the last one due to Internet issues.
Will join this one for sure. !

I’d love to attend! I’ll add it to my calendar.

Eric: I will be pleased to attend this meetup, Saturday 2/13/21. I attended your last meeting and it was excellent. I will see you and others there. -Guillermo M. (Gmansocal)

1 Like

I would love to join my first Postcrossing-meeting ever!

3 Likes

I RVSP’d; I’ve been wanting to attend a meet-up since I joined post crossing about a year and a half ago now! Looking forward to seeing some fellow postcrossers

1 Like

I’m really excited about this! I’ll be helping out with the SAT’s in the morning and then hanging out with all of you in the afternoon. Perfect!

1 Like

I will attend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its getting near so i am getting excited.

1 Like

I will attend this meetup

1 Like

Newbie here! I Will happily attend, thanks

3 Likes

Cards are in, the front looks like this:

All attendees who have provided their contact data as requested on the Meetup site will get both a personal card (signed and sent to them by the host) and a packet of blank cards.

A reminder that RSVPS should be processed here:

Mid Atlantic Postcrossers MAR 2021 Virtual Meetup

It makes a HUGE difference for the organizers if you help us out by providing your data before the event. Please go to the Meetup site at the above link and follow the instructions there. Be sure to read the comments below the event listing.

Look forward to seeing you next week!

4 Likes

Id love to be part of it as well… Meetups show Im in Baltimore though, which is not true… but I ll RSVP anyway!

Hi,
Do you still have my address? Thanks! Excited to join

Carlos, I still have your address, you are good-to-go, see you Saturday!

1 Like