Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers February 2022 Virtual meetup

I just signed up for the meetup. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I think I’ve successfully signed up for this and it will be my first meet up, so I’m excited! Thanks so much, looking forward to it!

1 Like

@eta55 Good news! My daughter was here with her laptop and I successfully could join up for the meeting :smiley: So it seems that it was because of our computer that I could not do it before… On the day of the meeting I will get her laptop again and so I think I will manage it to attend the meeting :smiley: Many thanks for your efforts with me!!!

1 Like

I’ve just RSVP’d in Meetup. Also my first meet. Thank you!

2 Likes

Super nice to see and talk to each other again and to see new faces with their stories :hugs:

1 Like

Signed up

I just signed up, looking forward to see you!

This sounds fun! Just signed up! Thanks.

Where is the postcard image please? Will we be able to view the meetup recording later? thanks.

Cards just came back from the printer today. Here is the front and back:

because we always get a lot of questions, here is it works with the cards. If you attend the meetup, you’ll get a handwritten card from one of the organizers on the team. You’ll also get a packet of blank cards that you can then share with whomever you want. It usually takes a couple of weeks for us to get the mailings out, so you have to be a little patient.

If you want one of these cards but did not attend the meetup, if we have spares after the mailngs, we’ll consider swaps for them. We don’t sell cards and we don’t charge attendees for cards or postage because our events are about spreading love and joy. Some attendees chip in with donations, which are welcome if you want to, but we don’t ask for them. Your attendance is our real payment!

14 Likes

@PleiadianDragon:

We will likely save a file of the chat at the end of the Zoom conference, and that will be available to any attendee who requests it. We will not likely record video of the Zoom Conference, for a variety of reasons:

• Not everyone may want to be recoder
  • It requires a higher and more costly version of Zoom for the host
  • the recorded file is usually pretty large (these meetups can run 2-3 hours for some attendees), and thus harder to share easily
2 Likes

Thank you, @eta55, for explaining the card. I am a meetup newbie. Many of the profiles I read ask for meetup cards, and I had no clue what they were talking about. The card you designed is very nice. I look forward to meeting everyone and sending out my first set of meetup cards.

3 Likes

Hi! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album на обмен – 523 Bilder | VK
Thanks!

1 Like

I would love this meeting also

1 Like

I hope I can participate again this time.

Amazing card.

Hi everyone! I’m Whitney and I’m helping out with planning! It’s less than two weeks until the virtual meetup!
You will receive a personal event card sent directly to you, as well as a packet of blank event cards IF:

• You attend the event
  • You provide your address (send it to me via PM)

If you have attended a previous one of our virtual events and have provided your address in the past, we still have it and you are good-to-go, no action needed. If you have a new address, send us an update, please.

We’re super excited to see everyone soon!

7 Likes

I’m so excited to be attending my first ever Postcrossing meet-up! I’m relying on the date and time that ‘Meet-up’ is displaying for me as being accurate in its conversion from your time to my time :grimacing:. It says it will be 7 am on Sunday morning for me in Canberra, Australia…so that’s what’s in my diary :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:…please know that if I’m yawning…it’s got nothing to do with the meeting!! :yum: Not long now!! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

@Beachyblonde I’ve replied to the email I received after signing up. Do I need to PM also? Happy to do so.

Oh, and I’m also excited. I’m pretty new to Postcrossing and this will be my first meetup. Be gentle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will be glad to exchange)))

I have your information down! Thank you for double-checking! I look forward to seeing you!

1 Like