Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers August 2021 Virtual Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Maryland, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Virtual Meetup Online
:calendar: DATE: 14 AUG 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1500 Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Greetings all!

The Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers will be hosting a virtual Meetup on 14 August 2021 at 1500 Eastern Daylight time (-4 UTC). It is open to anyone in the world who would like to participate.

How to participate -

RSVP for this event at the following link:

This event will be conducted virtually on Zoom. That means you attend by videoconference (teleconference if you don’t have video capability). Zoom is a cross-platform application that supports this capability.

The password to join this event will be provided to all who have RSVPed just prior to the event via an email from this site.

Agenda:

1 - Introductory remarks
2 - We’ll have a ten minute presentation on train related postcards and stamps
3 - Round-the-table introductions, please keep it short, as this could take a while depending on how many people we get!
5 - Open discussion (bring your favorite train related postcards to show off!)
6 - Share your vendors - Please come prepared to share info your favorite vendors for Postcrossing activities (postcards, rubber stamps, stickers, wash tape, pens, etc.)

A note on Zoom etiquette:

When you enter the event you will initially be placed in a waiting room. One of the hosts will quickly get you into the conference, this is done so that we can accurately create an attendance record and verify that we have all of your info correctly.

Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking.

Once in the conference, please add your Postcrossing handle to your Zoom login name. This can easily be done by using the three dot pull down menu next to your name and is not a permanent change.

We ask that all participants participate at least once in the chat. This helps us with the attendance record.

Note that the chat will be recorded and may be made public following the teleconference. We may also attempt to record the whole thing this time.

An event card is being produced for this event, and will be made available to all attendees. Details will be provided during the event. Photos of both sides of the event card can be seen below once it is printed.

This event is open to all postcrossers, no matter where you live! In the past we have had postcrossers from Norway, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, England, Canada the Philippines, Uganda, Mexico, The Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden as well as numerous U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Hope to see YOU there!

8 Likes

sounds nice I will RSVP later today!

@Mamiielariie did you see this meetup?

I like to join this meeting online.

A big YES from the island Terschelling so please count me in for the Zoom Meeting.
Johanna

Count me in again.

I like to join this meeting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am hopefully in Greece then, but I might attend. I’ll get back to you.

I will strive not to forget this month.

I really enjoyed your online new moon Meetup this past spring, and I’m very excited to sign up for this one as well!

Card design complete and has been sent to the printer! We’re working on the presentations.

10 Likes

Date noted! My parents might be here visiting if everything goes well (first reunion after almost 2 yrs!), But I wish I can join at least for a little while to see everyone again after so many months :blush:

@Antonella- check it out :wink:

1 Like

Hi/ciao!:grinning:
Please count me in again!:tada:
Thanks a lot for organizing it!:pray::blush:

Gorgeous card!!!:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Yay ! Waiting for this :relaxed:
I m in…

Count me in again :grinning:

I am excited to do a ZOOM meeting! It has been lonely just Postcrossing alone. So I am really interested to see and hear what everyone has been doing. And I know just the train postcard to bring!
Cathy in Idaho, USA

AGENDA UPDATE:

Introductions and Show-And-Tell: Introduce yourself (name, location, how long Postcrossing) and bring your favorite train related postcard to show and share with everyone. We want to see it all - trains, conductors, train stations, train tracks etc… if it has ANYTHING to do with Trains - we want to see it!

3 Likes

I’d like to join this please. It will be my first.

I want to join🌞

How to attendees obtain the cards? Thanks

Great question Karl! I you have attended one of our previous virtual events, and have not moved, then we have your address, and will send you cards after the event. If you are new, please send your address to me via a direct message. Everyone who actually attends will receive a personal hand written card, as well as a packet of blank cards.

3 Likes