Melbourne Meet Up - 30th January 2021

:world_map:  CITY/REGION: Melbourne/Victoria
:pushpin:  MEETUP PLACE: Kensington Town Hall Conference Room
:alarm_clock:  DATE & TIME: Saturday, 30 January 2021. 2-4 pm.
:page_facing_up:  MEETUP PLAN: Postcard discussion, signing cards, and any other fun we think of.

Some quick last minute details on getting there

• If you take the train to Newmarket, turn left out of the station, cross Racecourse Rd and then the small grass reserve, the town hall is across the reserve. The tram stop is also right here.
  • The parking in front of the town hall is free and unlimited, however the staff told me Anthony Street around the corner is the most reliable place to find a spot.
  • The town hall is closed except for groups using the rooms. If the front door is closed, there will be a sign with my phone number to call for entrance.
  • We are on the first floor. There is a lift. There are stairs to the front door, and a ramp around the corner.
  • When you arrive, please sign in to the town hall’s QR code, as well as signing our sign-in sheet.

Venue

Kensington Town Hall Conference Room - 30-34 Bellair Street, Kensington.

Unfortunately, none of the city-centre libraries have re-opened for weekend events, however Kensington has a very nice room, and very close to public transport.

The town hall is a short distance from Newmarket train station, which is ten minutes away from Melbourne Central station on the Craigieburn line. You can also take the 57 tram from Elizabeth Street, which will take about 25 minutes.

There should be parking in the area, but I don’t know what the options are.

COVID-19 precautions

• Masks will be required in the meeting. Please also bring along some hand-sanitiser for personal use.
  • It is a condition of attendance that you provide your full name and contact number, in case this is needed for contact tracing. There will be a sign-up sheet on the day.
  • Please do not come if you are not willing to follow the above, or if you are feeling any symptoms.
  • Check the DHHS coronavirus site for information about the pandemic.
  • Please check this thread for any updates closer to the date.
  • Food and drinks cannot be shared.

Card lottery

Please bring along two blank cards to put into the prize pool for a lottery - we’ll draw a winner from everyone who attends.

What to bring

Bring your name stamps, coloured pens, some cards to send, stamps, some favourite cards you want to show off, or anything else you’d like to share with us.

Meet Up cards

The meet up cards have now been sent to the printer. Cards will be available to purchase on the day - no need to pre-purchase or order - cost is $0.60 each. Here are the designs:

RSVP

Please RSVP below, or message me on the forum or the official site.

Please check in with this thread for more detail closer to the date.

Attending

@helent
@KoalaPost
@princessnot
@little77thistle
@Infolass
becpidge (main site)
jSchulz (main site)
@erinny
@Qiana
@jaeltentpeg11
@anon62166699
@anon47283716
@Katiakakao
@brucenan
@AadivirS2009 + 1

Maybe

@dawnquq
disisdi (main site)
pauciflora (main site)
@imstamp

1 Like

I would love to join the group, count me in :slight_smile: Jodie

1 Like

Yes, please count me in too :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! Sounds fun! I’m a Probable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great! Count me in! Thanks for organising this!

1 Like

Thanks. Sounds fun. Should be able to make it.

1 Like

Yay yes I will be there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may come :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey helent,
thanks for the invite, I can’t make it if the date is on the 16/th23rd of an as I have other appointments if not I am open to attending and meeting everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll be meeting on the 30th, so hopefully that will work for you. Hope to see you then.

Hi. Can i swap with someone?
I can offer cards from our meet-up.

I would like to join,please count me in😊

1 Like

Hello, Can I swap with someone?
I can offer cards from Taiwan meetup (we have 2 meetup this month)

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/meetup-in-taoyuan-january-17th-2021/44274

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/taiwan-ox-year-meetup-in-taipei-23-january-2021/46174

1 Like

Hi - I’d like to swap - I’ll send you a message.

I’m upgrading from a Maybe to Yes :smiley:

Also those postcard designs are awesome!! :star_struck:
(I will buy So Many)

2 Likes

Mark me as a yes too, I’ll be there :).

1 Like

Wonderful, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hi,

May I swap with someone?

My offers:

One week to go everyone! I got the cards yesterday and they look great.

Please keep following this thread - I’ll have a bit more information about the venue on Friday, as they’ll update me then if there are any changes to the pandemic requirements.

Hallo!! mark me as a yes. Would be lovely to meet everyone

1 Like