MEETUP 27 May 2023: Denver Postcard & Paper Show- Arapahoe County Fairgrounds, Aurora, CO

*Max amount of people has been hit, keep an eye out! I’ll plan another meet up towards the end of the summer.

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aurora, CO
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Denver Postcard & Paper Show at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds
:calendar: DATE: 27 May 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1200-1500 hrs
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meetup with other Postcrossers at the Denver Postcard & Paper Show in May to sign meetup cards, hang out, and shop for vintage and unique postcards, and more!

I will need to give an estimated headcount no later than 1 May 2023 so they can set up our table with the appropriate space/table/chairs. We were offered 8 chairs to start but I was told they will adjust accordingly. I am setting the max amount of people to attend the official meetup as 15 people as they may not have a lot of space. Those who will be already attending the event, but will be manning a booth will not be counted towards the number of people attending as we will just be passing bundles of their cards around to be signed.

Meetup cards Depending on quantity ordered, they will be between $.15 and $.20 a piece. Please let me know how many postcards you will be wanting by April 20th as the cards will need to be ordered no later than the 1st of May.

Process of signing cards:

Prior to the meetup, I will separate card quantities for each individual person and put each bundle into its own envelope. The outside of the envelope will have who the envelope belongs to as well as a list of each person attending. These envelopes will be passed from left to right during the signing phase of the meetup, and after you have finished signing each card in the envelope, you will put a check next to your name to show that you have signed the cards in that envelope! :slight_smile: If all goes well, by the time you get your card back, all names will have been checked off of the list. Since we have a LIMITED amount of time at the show on Saturday (show is Fri-Sat) we will start signing the cards no later than 1230. If you are late, don’t worry about it- we will pass your bundle around the table as well, you will just have quite a bit of signing to do once you arrive! :joy: If something comes up, please feel free to send me a quick message through postcrossing- I will be keeping an eye on my email.

What will we be doing?

• Spending time with awesome, like-minded people from our Postcrossing community!
  • Swapping postcards and signing our meetup cards!
  • Shopping together for unique and vintage postcards.
  • Share our Postcrossing stories!

Items to bring to the meetup:

1. Postage stamps
  2. Postcards to exchange/send out after meetup
  3. Rubber stamps/pen/markers to sign meetup cards
  4. Washi tapes, stickers, fun decorations for your cards
  5. Envelope/folder to safely bring your meetup cards back home
  6. A jacket! (Just in case it’s chilly inside of the building!)
    7. Money for entrance fee into the postcard show, more information can be found here: https://denverpostcardshow.com/home.html (Entrance fee looks like it is $5)

Members who have attended Meetups I have organized in the past:

@snailmailkait
@Cachefan
@Mopothoper
@LeftyLydia
@ShadZ & Beth
@Honalee
@TallJTallA
@DaniGeek
@carpediemkath
@Pstcrdldy
@EJGorski
@moxymaven
@yobriannas

Attendees of the 27 May 2023 Meetup:

1. @snailmailkait 30 cards
  2. @emilysunflower
  3. @yobriannas 30 cards
  4. @VMinakawa 20 cards
  5. @Mopothoper 20 cards
  6. @ShadZ and Beth 20 cards
  7. @Pstcrdldy (Will already be at the event manning her booth, will have her cards going around to be signed) 20 cards
  8. @EJGorski 20 cards
  9. @Cachefan 15 cards
  10. @moxymaven 20 cards
  11. @karissaplans 25 cards
  12. @wanderfrolics 20 cards
  13. @munkymar 20 cards
  14. @Honalee 10 cards
  15. @JustinColorado 20 cards
  16. @jason303 20 cards
5 Likes

I would be interested!

1 Like

Wonderful! I’ll add your name to the list! :hugs:

I’ve got it on my calendar to attend!!! <3

-Bri, Colorado Springs

1 Like

Hi Kait

WOW! You are quite the organizer!! I’m so happy you have this set up to happen during the postcard show! I will definitely be there but I will be manning my booth at the show so don’t know if I’ll be able to get back to the table to sign cards but hopefully, I can work something out! I will have LOTS of cards at my booth that are suitable for Postcrossing priced at $.25 - $1.00 each - both modern and vintage cards! I am definitely interested in getting some of the Poscrossing meet-up cards and having some signed ones to send out. Maybe I can sign some at my booth before the meet-up officially starts. We’ll figure it out! Thanks again! Dede

2 Likes

Beth and I will be there, because we will probably be working the table for the Denver Postcard Club!

1 Like

I’ll try to attend. It would be my first time for all these things! Thank you!

2 Likes

I would love to attend again. Thank you. Tammy

2 Likes

Yay! Sounds good! Let me know about a week out from the meetup if you will be for sure coming, I like to make little personalized goodie bags for the attendees! :hugs:

Hi Kaitlin,
I am so happy you are doing this again and I will definitely be coming as I am a member of the postcard club and the stamp club. I do not need to man a booth so I will need a seat at the table. I really appreciate you sending me an email. I would like 20 cards if possible. A million thanks to you for doing this and I can’t wait!
Beth Gorski

1 Like

It’s on my calendar! Thanks Kait for organizing this event.

Joan / Cachefan

1 Like

Hi! Please add my RSVP to the guest list! Thanks!

1 Like

I would love to know where everyone has ordered their stamps for the Meet Up Post Cards. I want to order one for this and future meet ups. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I ordered mine from Riley Print on Etsy, I think I got his smallest stamp, a 7mm x 7mm. :hugs:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t realize you already had me signed up! I do look forward to it and hope I’ll have someone to cover my booth during the meetup. I’d like 20 cards, please. Thank you again for all you do to organize these meet-ups!
Dede

1 Like

I’d like to come! :slight_smile: This will be my first postcrossing meetup!

1 Like

A Denver meetup finally? So cool! I’d like to go! :smiley:

1 Like

Yay! I’ll add you to the list! We’ve had two others since last summer, keep an eye out, I may do another this summer! :relaxed::two_hearts:

Thanks so much for organizing all this! Excited :smiley:. I didn’t even know there was a postcard show either! Yes, I guess I haven’t checked in on potential meetups enough. Thanks for adding me! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! I’m still planning to come, but I have a wedding to attend from 11-1, so I’m going to be super late and just make it to the tail end of the meetup.

Will you put me down for 30 cards, please? Thanks Kait!

1 Like