Maxicards chat

The post office offering this ‘deformed pictorial cancel’ is literally called ‘red (maple) leaf’ (もみじ), whence the leaf shape of the cancel.

I chose this deformed cancel to match with one of this year’s Hiroshima G7 stamps that shows a bunch of shamoji (rice paddle – Miyajima’s speciality), because there is no cancel picturing shamoji that is currently in use (there used to be one that has long since been abolished).

[Wooden postcards in the shape of shamoji – these are non-traditional maxicards.]

22 Likes

very interesting. thank you for sharing. I hope the recipient know how lucky they are to receive one.

3 Likes

Velcro!

Thanks @filenfleur :switzerland:!

15 Likes

Wow very cool what is that tissue on the stamp?

1 Like

That is a sample of velcro :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh… As I can see it did not travel that well.
I tried to protect the velcro, with paper & washitape, but it was probably too thick.
I should have send it in an envelope.

1 Like

@filenfleur you protected it very well! The orange barcode ended up on the washi tape instead of on the picture side stamp! :stuck_out_tongue:

The velcro in the photo I posted earlier, I purposely peeled off a bit so that it looks like the postmark. It is back in the original flat position!

6 Likes

More maxicards of Miyajima Shrine with a different pictorial cancel.

13 Likes

These are great cancels. Now I just need to find some Miyajima torii gate stamps so I can make some maxi cards for myself.

4 Likes

I have some maxicards which have been cancelled on the reverse (where you write).
If I want to send them, can I just add new stamps?

(It’s kind of annoying because UK stamps are so big now, so not a lot of room)

1 Like

Maybe best to send in an envelope!

1 Like

Of course! I feel silly now :joy:
Thank you

2 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) 2023 World Postcard Day maxicards,
commemorative postmark was depicted with letter box and rabbit,
cancelled on October 1, 2023 from Taipei Post Museum.

15 Likes

Japanese mint stamps are mostly traded on Yahoo Japan Auction, where I am sure you can find some Miyajima stamps.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is still considered a maximum card, but I’ve been experimenting lately with die-cut shapes and paper folding for the maxicards I design. This is the first one I’ve done like this! I love how it turned out!! o:

25 Likes

I think they are really cute and I would consider them maxicards.

3 Likes

Its great, you’re very talented :blush:

2 Likes

I guess they wouldn’t be considered postcards, but oh my goodness, how adorable :heart_eyes: I think anyone (who’s not a hardcore maxicard collector) would be delighted to receive one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

GREETINGS FROM CALIFORNIA! I am making all my own postcards. This process is called my “edgy” art. The first one is a finished postcard with 2 crows. The second is my table with components of design elements used in the process of making them. What a creative mess eh? Thanks for looking…Karizzzzmaaa (Tamsen Fox)

4 Likes

@Karizzzzmaaa I think you ended up on the wrong thread. Nice cards. Really talented. But fits better here

2 Likes