Maxicards chat

I wanted to share this tongue-in-cheek maxicard that my friend @Silpa had made (first day cancellation) and sent me. I love it!

12 Likes

I wouldn’t advice using washi tape or any sort of tape on the postcard (to protect the stamp on the front image). The washi tape could compromise the postcard and sometimes it would not come off easily. Or found some stickiness leftover after taking out the washi tape. Or it could came off together with the clear varnish finishing on the postcard surface. I’ve experienced this unfortunately. The card is destroyed because the clear vanish finishing came off entirely.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Hello :wave:t3:

I have another question (apologies, I’m new!)

I’ve just requested a new address to send a postcard to & the person has a very specific list of interests. I thought I had the perfect card, so was very pleased, until I got to the bottom of his profile and saw ‘no Maxicards’

Why would someone not want a Maxicard? I assumed they were a very good thing?

Thanks, EmmaG :blush:

1 Like

Thats interessting. I never encounter such a profile. There is the possibility that they do not know what maxicards are. Some people assume that big sized or xxl postcards are maxicards. Maybe the then rather like to receive standart sized cards. @EmmaG

5 Likes

Not everyone is interested in maxicards - some do not care for them.

It may just be a case of no interest - not all Postcrossers care for stamps either

1 Like

Yes that could definitely be it, i hadn’t thought of that, thank you :blush:

1 Like

I agreed with Tetsuko. It’s probably the postcard size matter. They prefer standard size postcard that can fit into postcard album.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that people can make requests but you are not obligated to meet those requests. You can send a generic card or a card of the area you live in or a card of cats strumming guitars or whatever you like. It’s fun to try to connect with people with common interests or by giving them something they want, but if they are picky or your collection is limited, do as you think best. And feel free to explain why you choose the particular card for them - it may open their eyes wider; who knows??!? :blush:

1 Like

Common Bottlenose Dolphin maxicards that I created in a post office in Virginia Beach.

10 Likes

These are maxicards!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Recently acquired some PHQ Maxicards of Hong Kong from the 1980’s when HK was a British Overseas Territory prior to the 1997 Handover to China, hence the Queen Elizabeth II Cypher.
Both sets feature an operational postmark.

Aviation in Hong Kong, March 1984

Flowers of Hong Kong, September 1985

14 Likes

Recent UK PHQ Maxicards

Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubliee with ‘In Memoriam’ postmark 08.09.23

Paddington Bear 65th Anniversary

Terry Pratchett’s Discworld

20 Likes

My Paddington maxicards arrived today! My first time sending to get post marks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

Limited postmark for a paper stationery event called Kamihaku(紙博)

29 Likes

The top one is really perfectly done :heart:

1 Like

Miyajima maxicards realised on 21 September 2023 in Japan as part of my Miyajima giveaway.

This pictorial cancel is offered at the only post office that is located on the island where the famous Miyajima Shrine is located.

[Traditional dance Bugaku performed on the Noh stage. For @Dorinco.]

[Traditional dance Bugaku performed on Noh stage. The Komainu (狛犬) sculpture pictured in the stamp is placed at the Honten, not at the Noh stage, but the person for whom this card was made prefers this stamp.]

[This is where the pair of Komainu (狛犬) sculptures are placed.]

[The piece of architecture pictured in the stamp is the one on the right side of the image, mostly veiled by the leaves.]

13 Likes

[Continued.]

12 Likes

[Continued.]

This is my own photo postcard.

17 Likes