Maxicards chat

I have tried matte finish spray but it did not work. Left the cards looking like they had droplets on them, and when I sent them into the USPS for postmarks, they came back smeary.

So how do you make the matte finish actually work?

Instead of droplets, spray generously until you form a continuous layer. Soak it, baby!
Then the ink will not smear.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
Toy Story stamps were issued today in Japan,and I got the first day postmark.

Currently, Japanese post offices do not sell official maxi cards. We will have to find the postcards by myself.
Last month, the stamps of sea otters was also issued.

It is difficult for me to think about the placement of stamps.:sweat_smile:

29 Likes

Last year the US Postal Service issued 4 otter stamps also, @omatsu. I made up a small batch of maxicards - ran out of one of the cards but still have a couple of these ones

I think this placement of the stamp was the most successful but I also did a few with the stamp in the upper left and in the lower right side of the card.

14 Likes

ohhhh the otter one is so adorable and sweet

3 Likes

Cute otter! & It’s a cool postmark!
I think your card is very well balanced.
I will try various placements too.Thanks😊

4 Likes

This postmark is bigger than most postmarks. I love how it turned out!

13 Likes

very cool stamp card and postmarks

1 Like

I’m in love with @silverdoe’s goats and @TwasBrillig’s and @omatsu’s otters! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

My maxicards for July are these: 1000th anniversary of the city Stendal, lighthouse Friedrichsort, Spider-Man and the winner of the “Children Draw a Stamp” contest about environmental protection. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

why you always get your cards so fast back? I already wait for 2 weeks and still no sign of my cards

I try to send them as early as possible (most times shortly after I got the new stamps) and I always send them to Berlin, never to Weiden! They’re much faster. :slight_smile:

I try to send to Berlin often too, but sometimes some postmarks are only available in Weiden so I’m forced to use Weiden, but that is probably the reason, Weiden seems to be much slower

These mushroom cards are absolutely gorgeous!!!
Are you willing to trade them with me?
I would love to.

@AnnekevanDorp Sure :smiley:

Republic of China (Taiwan)
2022 International Tiger Day Maxicard,
2022-07-23.

8 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan)
2022 International Tiger Day Maxicard,
2022-07-23.

11 Likes

Gorgeous! I love this stamp already, on a maxicard, this is perfection.

this is really beautiful but would probably love it even more with the red stamp

Just dropping my new Sleeping Beauty maxicards here!

14 Likes

Wish our Postal Service issued maxicards like Australia or atleast cards to make them into maxicards how Britain does. I design my own maxicards for some interesting stamp releases here in the US and they turn out pretty great. Few examples :slight_smile:

25 Likes