Maxicards chat

Excellent article! I’ve had a dig through my maxi cards and most of the series’ I have are boring places like Melbourne and Sydney, but I do have some different locations!

Native animals series is postmarked Greenbush, Western Australia. (For those who don’t know, we call our forests “the bush”, like there’s just one really big shrub out there).

“Australian Rock’n’Roll: The Early Years” is postmarked Sunbury, Victoria. Sunbury hosted a huge music festival for a few years from 1972 - 1975. (This card depicts “Horror Movie” by Skyhooks)

A series about waterfalls, postmarked Falls Creek, Victoria

And finally, a series about Australian insects is postmarked Bogong, Victoria. Bogong is named after Mount Bogong, which in turn is named after the Bogong moth which gathers at the mountain annually. I’m so educational!

I’ve some more maxicards on the way, apparently, I’ll share if there’s any cheeky postmarks!

13 Likes

Hoppers Crossing :rofl:

Elizabeth

Mount Barker

15 Likes

Oh I need to track down the frogs!

I’ll also have to move somewhere with a fun name, to increase my chances of seeing it on a maxicard lol

1 Like

Poisonous mushrooms.

16 Likes

Please read and enjoy this story with maxicards!
Wildlife on maxicards

1 Like

This is Gzhel. Gzhel is a Russian style of blue and white ceramics.

And lots of flowers

10 Likes

i found this postcard at one of the tourist sites near my work and i might have impulsed bought a few of the matching vintage stamp sets off of etsy haha

not sure if i will make it a maxicard as the required postage doesnt quite add up and i dont know how the glossy finish will hold a hand cancel but i am looking at some of my options by maybe overpaying for postage or going to a different post office for aesthetic sake haha.

4 Likes

Spray postcard with matte finish spray.
Use a concordant, but different stamp than the 4 stamps featured.

1 Like

I’m just chiming in to drop my newest maxicards, about the Antarctic and organ donation. I love this month’s topics!

15 Likes

Here is my self made Europa maxicard. This year French post chose Mélusine

19 Likes

My newest creations

Not the best, but I think still quite ok

17 Likes

Look at this pretty maxicard with color postmark!
I remembered someone was wondering about getting color postmark on card so i found you :slight_smile: have you tried yours?

9 Likes

Hurray!!!
Slovakia :slovakia: just issued this beautiful maxicard of Holíč manor house!
If someone interested in swap, feel free to contact me.
Summer holidays are comming, so now I will be more active.

8 Likes

I bought it today “Let’s preserve our native nature”. Released in 1990. These are maxicard of the USSR

10 Likes

Scientific and Technological Innovation III

13 Likes

Love the first one with the Rose. :rose:

Ironically Roses thrive in filthy sooty environments, I remember visiting a steel works and seeing some of the most beautiful roses in the surrounding grounds.

2 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan)
2022 bears summer picnic day maxicard,
2022-07-10.

13 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan)
2022 bears summer picnic day maxicard,
2022-07-10.

13 Likes