Maxicards chat

Hey yesterday I got my first card from the German post. But today I got some too. I got these Beethoven cards 8times but I only need to pay one. Is that normal at the beginning?

4 Likes

No, it’s not, I guess they made a mistake. And it’s Beethoven. :smiley:

2 Likes

In the UK Royal Mail don’t actively produce Maxicards for sale, however with new stamp issues, they release a set of matching postcards called Post-Office Headquarter (PHQ) cards.

Where you can then submit (matching) stamps on the Pictorial side for postmarking (with First Day of Issue or related sponsored postmark) at one of the special handstamp centres across the UK.

I’ve been obtaining special Postmarks for a few years now, but this was my first attempt of making my own maxicards and experimented with the Paul McCartney stamp issue back in May and then the Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh in Memoriam issue.

Some older issues of Northern Ireland and Sports I found on Ebay.

Guernsey Postcrossing maxicards with ‘Guernsey Philatelic Bureau’ postmark

*Please Note the above Maxicards are not available for swaps or trades

20 Likes

Other style of Maxicard produced (personally for/by the individual) by Royal Mail with a definitive stamp and sponsored postmark.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. They all look really good!

I’d love to try making some maxicards myself. If I was to buy the PHQ cards and the matching stamps, and attach the stamps to the front of the cards, what do I have to do to get the matching postmark? You mentioned about the special handstamp centres but I’m not sure how these work.

Also, do I then need to affix additional stamps to the reverse of the maxicard in order to send it?

It’s a shame Royal Mail don’t issue maxicards themselves as it would make it a lot easier :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is the result:

I think the postmark design is just soo cute with the little whiskers and fur structure. :pleading_face:

I’m starting to have more maxicards than people who want to receive them. xD

16 Likes

Soooo cute! I hope my otter card will come back soon! The only pity is Deutsche Post seal in blue now, sometimes it doesn’t look very clear :cry:

Here’s the annual animal 2019 :arrow_down:

20 Likes

For maxicards in UK, ask Ian Billings at norvic-philatelics, the #1 expert in British maximaphily.

1 Like

For any question or discussion about maxicards, see my Facebook group “Maximaphily, traditional and non-traditional”. Over 1,800 members from 6 continents.
I also promote postcrossing in my Facebook group.

1 Like

First of all, your nail game is strong! :nail_care:t2:
And super cute deer card, I wish I had discovered maxicards sooner. :pleading_face:
The blue postmarks are really pretty unfortunate for making maxicards. Harder to spot at times.

2 Likes

On Monday, August 2, new stamps with trains were issued in Russia: the Ruskeala express train and a train with 2-storey cars.

For those who will be looking for these cartmaximums - I made them myself, they are not sold anywhere:)

8 Likes

Look at this awesome maxicard I received today from @reoreo !

4 Likes

Just posting to
a) show my new maxicards that arrived today from the special cancellation office:

and b) to ask the experts here who are all in this thread. :smiley: I made another design of cards, too, but I’m not sure if it counts as maxicards or if it’s rather a “creative philatelic souvenir”. ^^

To see it as a maxicard, you’d have to interpret the postmark as a rainbow and see the rainbows in the syllable division symbols. Of course that’s a bit far fetched, so my second thought was that it might rather count as a “philatelic souvenir” as we had a few in this thread already. What do you think?

5 Likes

I was so lucky as to have received that one too! :blue_heart:

It is such a gorgeous treasure! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Snail and froggy - what a charming combination!!! :green_heart: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I would count it as maxi card, it’s interesting how the two different stamps change the emphasis of the word. While the first one is a more general approach to tolerance, the 2nd one (with rainbow) shifts it more towards lgbtq+ tolerance.

3 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) Homage to all Health Works
COVID-19 maxicards, issued on August 11, 2021.

9 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

@Axolotl, I like your maxicards (traditional or not).
The one with the rainbow stamp can be considered concordant, with the concordant visual element being “the color bands of the rainbow”, even if the postmark is not colored.
After all, lots of “concordant” maxicards have black and white images of subjects that are actually colorful, in real life.

1 Like