Maxicards chat

From my experience, they don’t do well on glossy surfaces, and cancellations don’t do well on them as well. That’s why I put matte spray on the front of my cards, it works very well and gives them a nice matte finish. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s very helpful !

Can I ask you where I can buy this spray ?

I bought it on Amazon (not the best source of course :see_no_evil:). Here’s the link to the German version, maybe you can look for the product in local stores:

3 Likes

@CoralieR , you should always use glue for paper; don’t ever lick stamps, and don’t rely on the original glue of the stamp.
There are many fixes, but spraying upfront with matte spray takes care of adhering stamps, and of making postmarks not smudged.

1 Like

Thank you, Dorin ! Jenny also told me to use some spray. Which one would you recommend me ?

1 Like

wow these cards look great, especially the right one!

:heart_eyes_cat: just want to recommend the new postmark with really cute otter ↓

2 Likes

It’s adorable! I sent two cards to Weiden to get the otter postmark, I couldn’t find more of the 2018 otter stamps. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Probably all matte sprays from craft stores online or offline can do the job.
I have a pump spray bottle, not an aerosole spray can.

I got back some cards I sent to Weiden to have them cancelled. :slight_smile: Here are some that turned out quite nice:

and one that’s… ugh, not so nice. They stamped it exactly where I didn’t want them to. xD

6 Likes

Hi,
To those who live in Germany, how do you purchase official maxicards?
And for making your own, how do your request FDOI postmarks? I have tried requesting the special cancellations they make (not FDOI), for that I used to write the cancel number on the SASE and send it to the specified address; they cancel it and mail it back.

1 Like

So how do you do this? Send the postcard in an envelope ahead of time and ask them to put the stamp and postmark on it and send back?

1 Like

There is a period after the issuing (I think 15 or 30 days) that you can get the cancellation by mailing it to a certain address.

1 Like

Official maxicards are a bit hard to get, you can’t get them one by one but have to subscribe to them, then you’ll get one or two every three months. You should mail to Kundenservice-Weiden@deutschepost.de and ask for the subscription “E:B-Maximumkarten” with the number D055. I don’t know if they accept inquiries in English, let me know if you need help translating!

FDOI postmarks can be get exactly the same way as the normal “special” cancellation! But you can only get them with the new stamp, other stamps can’t be cancelled with it. To get it, you have to write “Ersttagsstempel [Name of the stamp] [Berlin/Bonn]” on the envelope. Berlin or Bonn, as there are usually two different FDOI postmarks for every new stamps, one from the Berlin and one from the Bonn center.
Hope I could help!

3 Likes

Thank SO much.

Danke das du geschrieben hast wie es klappt. Kannst du mir sagen wie lange du auf eine Antwort gewartet hast und was sie geschrieben haben

They took 2 days to answer and gave me some information, to which I replied with “okay, I’d like to subscribe please”. That’s all it took. :+1:t2: For the Germans, there’s more Info on the German subforum:

1 Like

This section of the forum is English only.

Please use English in future here.

Vicki

2 Likes

I usually purchase the stamps first once they’re issued so I can place them on the postcard how I like, but yes, I send them in to stamp fulfillment services with a self addressed return envelope with postage.

They give you a few months after the stamp is issued to get the FDOI postmark, dates are shown here for example:
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2021/pb22575/html/info_012.htm

1 Like

Erfurt Phiately division of the Main Post office used to have German Maximum cards in Stock too and there was always also a maximum card designed for Erfurt Christmas market. Only not last year… there I also learned about them and then also ordered the Abo. And mostly they are quite nice made in my opinion.

I also from time to time make my own… but the new blue ink makes it even more difficult. Didn’t tryed since thst to make Maximum cards. Missed the Hamster.

Google Photos
Google Photos

9 Likes

You can tell them where they shall stamp it. I always make a little drawing to show… always works quite well… only sometimes they stamp the wrong postmark…

3 Likes