Maxicards chat

I don’t think this is still considered a maximum card, but I’ve been experimenting lately with die-cut shapes and paper folding for the maxicards I design. This is the first one I’ve done like this! I love how it turned out!! o:

25 Likes

I think they are really cute and I would consider them maxicards.

3 Likes

Its great, you’re very talented :blush:

2 Likes

I guess they wouldn’t be considered postcards, but oh my goodness, how adorable :heart_eyes: I think anyone (who’s not a hardcore maxicard collector) would be delighted to receive one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

GREETINGS FROM CALIFORNIA! I am making all my own postcards. This process is called my “edgy” art. The first one is a finished postcard with 2 crows. The second is my table with components of design elements used in the process of making them. What a creative mess eh? Thanks for looking…Karizzzzmaaa (Tamsen Fox)

4 Likes

@Karizzzzmaaa I think you ended up on the wrong thread. Nice cards. Really talented. But fits better here

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! You’re so talented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi Guys,

Those of you who submit dark coloured cards for maxicard postmarking, where you you get those circular white labels from?

How do you know what size the postmark is going to be?
How do you know the postmarking team will actually apply the postmark within it?

1 Like

Here in Japan you can buy those labels at the post office (usually the main branches) - they come in two sizes, one for the larger scenic cancellations, and a smaller size for the smaller hand cancellations.

3 Likes

Amazon has such lables too. I needed some tryes to find out the right size. But German cancels are always the same size. But unfortunateley we don’t have only circular postmarks. And up to now I only found round and rectangle shaped stickers

3 Likes

Forest & Bird series from Aotearoa/New Zealand

25 Likes

I bought some round labels from a office supply company. They were designed for food jars and so suitable for writing on, which means the postmark should be good too (ie they were not shiny).

They only came in one size, which was actually a bit big for most postmarks. I’ve only used one once and didn’t love the result.

11 Likes

Still love the card a lot. Probably would look nicer if they put the postmark more in the middle of the sticker.

3 Likes

The circular sticker paper quality affect how the maxi card will turn out to be. The Japan made sticker is create for making philatelic items for sure it will look nicer and smooth in the eyes.

Sometimes it is not about the shaped of the sticker but the paper quality.

4 Likes

International Letter-Writing Week 2023

(Machine cancel)

(Hand cancel)

The copyright of this Ukiyo-e has expired, so the image is being distributed for free. This time, I added a white circle to the image and then printed it

23 Likes

Great!

1 Like

2 new Slovak maxicards:

10 Likes

what is the first maximum card about?

1 Like

It is about The Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava 2023 which is a prestigious international competition and exhibition of original illustrations from children’s books. It is taking place every second year in September in Bratislava. Slovak post issues stamp for the winning illustration.

3 Likes