Matching stamps to postcards

Thats a really good and popular combo, there are even lighthouse cards vintage from the USPS with pre-printed postage (needs additional postage now)

I got this card !

I love it, the stamp is on the picture side of the card :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I could be matching right now, as my hometown got an anniversary stamp last year. Only one problem, they come in coils of 100 and half of those are of a different town… I can’t afford that!

Edit: Here’s the stamp, anyway:

1 Like

Hi Zoodog,

Don’t feel limited by that 1 international stamp. https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/brush-rabbit-S_740304

I’m from the US too. I use a combination of stamps adding up to $1.20 (the cost of an international stamp. For example two 55c Forever stamps and a 10c stamp. There are lots of less than 55c Forevers to choose from.

I just bought a bunch of 20c Rabbit stamps. And 36c Barn Stamps.

And they deliver to your house.

:

These don’t exactly match, but I enjoyed the symmetry of the front of the card showing a black and white engagement print of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, and the stamp being a black and white engagement portrait of their grandson Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

10 Likes

This kind of card is called a maximum card (or maxicard, maxi-card). They consist of a postcard with a matching stamp on the picture side and a special cancellation mark. There is also a thread about this topic.

1 Like