Many cards in a row, all sent on the same date!

My two days with the most cards sent to me (once 9, and once 11) were both February of different years. This is such a cool thing to look at.

1 Like

That might or might not be fault of the post office- just keep in mind that not all users register their cards upon arrival. For Postcrossing cards there are many factors that can cause longer travel times than are officially estimated by the senderā€™s postal services. Not only directly on the side of the recipient with their registering habits, but also e.g. postal service schedules in the recipientā€™s area (mail delivery only once or twice a week), mail strikes (like recently in Germany) etc.

If I want to estimate when a travelling card will arrive, I usually take a look at the userā€™s stats and check how long their received cards from my country travelled, if they have any. That usually gives a way better indication than the offical times my post office says, and helps me stay patient :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah, but I receive cards sent from Germany after a week, and I will never be able to catch up the difference between sent and received like that!

I thought this was interesting so I took a look at my received cards - Iā€™m quite surprised! I have 41 cards received, and 11 of these were chosen on 23 March

And more than that, there were two groups of consecutive cards! FI-4381606 and FI-4381607, and DE-12863947 and DE-12863948.
Iā€™m on travel mode right now, and Iā€™ll only be going off at the beginning/middle of July. Iā€™m hoping I break this record haha!

1 Like

I received 4 consecutive cardsā€¦
DE-13111168 DE-13111169 DE-13111170 DE-13111171

1 Like

This is exactly what I have experienced. I havenā€™t been inactive and send a card about every second day, just one address at a time. In June I received no postcards. Now the cards Iā€™m receiving were all given out on the same day. So my address wasnā€™t given out for 2 months.

1 Like

If I counted correctly, my current record is 74 sent to me on the same day, January 11th, 2023.
I am a university student and go on travel mode for winter break from Mid-November until early January when I return to school, and again in early May for the summer break. The 74 sent on January 11th were as a result of me switching from travel mode back to active.
This summer I was a little light on sent cards because I was keeping slots open to send cards in each country visited so I think Iā€™ll be around 65-70 sent to me on one day when I turn off travel mode when I get back to school next week

2 Likes

Wow! @Angelthepup22 Makes me wonder how many cards you write in a day when you have so many waiting for you once you switch back to active mode. :thinking:

Usually about 5 at once, one day per week. It helps that I draw a lot of address from the US and Germany so postcards get there quickly

1 Like

I have checked this thread long long ago but this is the first time I experience this personally lol
I turned back to active mode on Aug. 31 after being inactive for half a year. The gap between my sent & received was probably 50.
After half a month I received 30 cards (so far). All of them were sent on Aug. 31. Besides, 16/30 of them were from Germany. That means that I have many of them with continuous IDs (from DE-13349523 to DE-13349582). So I guess that my address was given out for 50 times immediately after I turned to active. The algorithm urged to make up the gap :rofl:

4 Likes

:dizzy_face: Wow! @June060310

1 Like

I turned my account to active in mid August. I have received 50+ plus cards so far, all drawn August 16. And a few on August 15. :grin:

2 Likes

I received six cards today, all sent on 10 September, all from the same country too. Itā€™s been a long time since this has happened. My account was not inactive either. As always, they were all very interesting and had nice notes, so I am thankful. There were two weeks of no cards before this though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sometimes thatā€™s just the way the post office delivers them I feel like. There will be days when I donā€™t get a card and then boom I get 5 or 6 at once

It didnā€™t use to be this way. And Iā€™ve noticed it happening more in the past year and a half, since I moved to a new city.

1 Like

Itā€™s unusual for you because youā€™re in one of ā€œthe big threeā€ countries. I do wonder why itā€™s happening for you like this now. Iā€™ve noticed others in the big three saying the same thing.

Of course, for those of us in smaller Postcrossing countries, itā€™s always been like this. I always thought our addresses were given out multiple times when we were only due one postcard because those of you in the big three countries needed more variety of countries to send to than was available at that particular time.

2 Likes

Well since dejoy took over as postmaster shipping speeds have gone downhill in America in general. I would figure postcards are on the very low end of urgency. Like years ago if you send something priority mail it would get somewhere in 2 days now thatā€™s not guaranteed the only thing guaranteed is if you send something next day

I wouldnā€™t say always but definitely for a long, long time.

1 Like

I should have said ā€œwithin my Postcrossing lifetimeā€, 4 years. :grinning:

2 Likes

Five more cards today! Weird. It is a different experience to get them all at once like this.

1 Like