Many cards in a row, all sent on the same date!

I believe that the line has nothing to do with your address being given to anyone. It is always in the Hurray message when you have more sent than received at that moment. When I think of it from a technical point of view, it makes sense. I imagine the algorithm that gives out addresses will be complex and triggered by requesting an address. So I would expect it is completely separate from the simple task of registering a postcard.

My incoming official cards are always posted in batches approximately 4/5 weeks apart. I go long periods without receiving any although I send as soon as slots become free not having many slots.
Its not how I would have anticipated it working and pleased to see I’m not alone /appears to be correct

5 Likes

I thought this is how the inactive works - when you come back to active, you will get all the cards.
Maybe the day you got active, there was not much activity, or it didn’t pick up your active status at once and that’s why most your address was given the next day?

Somewhere here I read that there is always “need” for new addresses, so it makes sense, that when a member gets back active, they will get all the cards.

I’ve never been innactive let alone every month so that can’t be the only reason… confusing for newbies

1 Like

Oh, yes, my answer was to siophan’s situation.

(This thread can be confusing too, because some talk about situation after when they came back to active, and some of their normal situation :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Think my record was 23 on 16 Jan 2022 [+5 more the very next day] and 19 on 1 Jul 2022 all sent on the same day… lol

1 Like

9 cards sent on the same date

2 Likes

8th february must have been a busy day.

12 on 12th january (if I remember correct not even one registered that day and my inactive ended in december)
and 11 on 8th february (no inactive before that) - until now, there might still arrive some…
now 11 more received - demotivating.
(did not happen in that extend in previous years)

1 Like

Darn. And not a single one of them were to me :joy:

2 Likes

I also have consecutively drawn addresses and side by side postcard IDs.

2 Likes

I believe some of these show how it’s meant to work, and how many member want it to be: the cards arrive on different days. So, even when address would be given 10 times, these would go to different people, in different countries, with different writing speed, mailing speed, and travel times, and cards would arrive not on the same day.

But then, if all addresses go to same country for members who mail their cards around same time, these will arrive at once, or it is likely.

3 Likes

Happened to me on December 26, January 8, and now I am receiveng a lot of podtcards from February 15.
It actually dissaopints me a bit. I tought my adress wil be given as soon as my postcard gets registered. But it seems like system waits for days/weeks and then gives my adress to many people.

2 Likes

Same here. About 15 postcards were sent to me on the same day in January ( many from the US and Germany), and most of them arrived within two weeks. Then I didn’t get a single card in 5 weeks, and now I see another bulk coming, all sent on the same day. Bit dissapointing; it would be great if they were more equally spread.

1 Like

I’m interesting why there are so long breaks in sending cards to me - more than 2 months? From August to November, from November to February…

I regularly sent few cards every month through that period, but back-sending-logic is quite strange :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think so too. And this is said in the rules, right?

2 Likes

There may be a slight delay, but yes I would think one’s address would be given out soon.

I just looked, my record is 77.
23/Nov/2021
:grin: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

1 Like

I think its the other way round. My address is being given out early then I spend weeks with no cards in and few cards to send out until slots become available. As soon as I catch up another batch is sent & the cycle repeats.

The FAQ says just that you are elgible to receive postcard after your card is registered.
The thing is, when I started postcrossing, I noticed that the day my adress was given to someone, maches the day when one of my postcards was registered (or difference between those moments is day or two). But now it seems like, if my 10 cards get registered, and my adress is not given for days, than on the day when 11th cards is registered, 11 people get my adress.

2 Likes

This happens everytime, and if I received postcards with the same times I sent them, it would even work fine, but the ones I send seems to take 3x times what they should take based on the post office estimates (like they say 8 business days to Europe, I just got a card registered in Germany after 52 days), while my received cards follow the estimates.

I try to send as soon as I have slots, and my travelling looks like this:
[travelling cards]

My received:
[received cards of 2023]

Even the one from Russia that I received today was more timely than my sent…
[my sent cards of 2023]

1 Like