Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

@Petraliketheworld has no comment here which doesn’t mean he/she’s opinion can’t be hear! Everyone hold the right to say something, he/she is a member of Postcrossing, whatever he/she is active or inactive, say something in the forum or not.

3 Likes

It’s not the matter of the occasional card or just a few not arriving. There is a major problem. If you go back and read the OP, you can see the scope of the problem. Remember, this is a temporary solution only.

7 Likes

No, I didn’t. But I did not blame China Post without investigation confidently either.
“Mails to China are slow so China Post is to blame” is as ridiculous as “people drink water every day and all people finally psaa away so water is harmful to health”.

Postcrossing requires patience and waiting. Maybe some platforms using EMS are more suitable for you.

7 Likes

I agree. That is why I encouraged them to take part in the conversation. My point was that if you want your voice heard, participate in the forums. I apologize if that wasn’t clear.

3 Likes

I feel that you are being incredibly rude and personally attacking me for no good reason. I am quite happy here at PC, thanks, and I don’t need your endorsement to be here.

Perhaps I am wrong and the delay has nothing to do with the Chinese Postal service. Do you have an alternative theory you’d like to share?

10 Likes

I am sorry to say that my living place get deeply affected by the pandemic. But it also amazed me that you will suspended the mail sending from china just the reason by “long journey”. My experience in PC website or in forum tells me, if you want to do some PC projects, that you need to wait in patience. Sending the mail overseas is always full of uncertainty and it’s always like this.

What I can see right now is starting by COVID-19, Postcrossing website never suspended any single country or area though some of them suffering tough pandemic, they can still send postcards to those countries on your limitied list by catching up the news on the PC monitor, now you just make a decision that all of us getting banned just because everything get delayed in China, and didn’t mention when or how to reopen.

As a CN member who accept all the resending requests from admin and also sending out the offical cards twice or even third time, it is sad for me to see this news just came into effect without any foreshow.

17 Likes

I don’t think he ever insulted anyone. He is merely stating a fact. And I don’t think it’s a good place to talk politics!

8 Likes

I agree. They should be informed. I had assumed that the admin would do so before the suspension takes place. But if not, this is a great suggestion. I wasn’t arguing against that at all.

1 Like

I think your have a clear claim. There must be some reasons that he/she pop in the forums after saying nothing in the forum for 11 months. As you said “if you want your voice heard, participate in the forums.” He/she did participate in to argue something.

3 Likes

I did not find i have something rude. I am just having my voices heard here, just mentioned by you.

However, if you are talking about rude, is it rude to say other’s opinion silly?
Oh, it seems to be RUDE and OFFENSIVE.

I said clearly. It is unknown until there is an official announcement from a postal system.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful. I am a big fan of the forums as you can see by my daily use. This seems like a random tangent, however.

Wow. Quite the thread.

Sending love to our Chinese members, and looking forward to sending you postcards very soon :heart:

29 Likes

Thanks for your reply. However, I am a freshman at the university. Hence, I am quite busy with my study, which means it is very hard to spend time on this website( I posted my situation in my self-introduction), and all I can do is register the postcard when I return home as soon as possible. ( my university is very far from my home)
Besides, as a Chinese user on this website, I did not receive ANY mail about discussing this stuff, so I got a sense of being ignored. :rage:
For me, it is very depressed to hear that the admin wanted to suspend the routes to China, which seems contrary to my opinion on exchanging postcards. I think the post crossing is a way to share our lives in the world beyond the time and the geographical barriers and this website can offer the opportunity to hear the sound of others in the world, happy for their joy, sad for their sorrow. But now, it seems I won’t have this chance again…

12 Likes

If I am reading correctly, stuff takes forever to arrive or not at all majority of the time so there will be a temporary shutdown. But why? Is China Post or the UPU asking for it? Maybe it would be better to shorten the waiting period to 30 days for China? Let us voluntarily opt out? If the postal services are still functioning, albeit not to well, I don’t see why a complete shut down. In times of war many soldiers and their families do not receive their letters due to the breaks of war, but I have yet to hear of an instance in history where they prohibited letters just because of that. It’s a huge morale breaker on both ends.

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing your opinion in a respectable way. I do encourage you to keep discussing, although I know very well what it is like to be a student and how busy that can be.

I do think that the admin will send out an email to all users on the topic before the suspension occurs. I assume this was just a warning. But, if they weren’t planning to before, it is good that you and others have reiterated the need to do so.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to say but I do want to receive the lovely cards​:sob::sob::sob:I haven’t received any international postcards for about one month… What can I do… :sob:

9 Likes

Since you seem to have addressed this specifically to me, I will offer a response. I will simply say that you can go back in the thread and read all the different opinions on the matter, including attempted answers to your questions. I don’t feel the need to repeat them all over again.

In summary, I agree that the situation sucks but disagree with your thought that the admin are doing the wrong thing. I, obviously, support their careful decision and don’t think this situation is their fault.

3 Likes

I was disappointed when I saw some unkind political speech and talk. I guess this is not the time for you to say this. This destroys the friendliness of the postcrossing😅

8 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean any offense.

I enjoy sending postcards more than receiving them, so I don’t think this temporary prohibition will reduce my enthusiasm for PC. After all, eventually I will get the postcards I deserve, although I need to wait longer.
In addition, I understand the management mode of the administrator. After all, any organization needs some resolute measures to run smoothly.
However, as far as I know, some countries in the world are suffering from war. Compared with the mail delay caused by the epidemic, the chaos and death caused by the war will make many mails never arrive. I do not support war, and I pray for all those who are suffering from war. But if the administrator hopes that the mail sent can arrive on time, I think these belligerent areas deserve more attention.
Of course, I understand that people want to send blessings and encouragement to those who are suffering from war. In the same way, the Chinese people also hope to receive goodwill greetings from the world.

10 Likes