Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

You didn’t offend me in the least. I was truthfully trying to respond to your post.

1 Like

Although the past two months have been slow, I just registered and received five postcards this week.

5 Likes

It’s interesting that those countries still seem to be receiving and registering their mail though in a timely fashion. Of course, it affects some individuals within those countries more than others and some postcards will go unclaimed. But I think the admin is looking at statistics. And, statistically speaking, the wars are not causing as big of an issue as the deficiency in the China Post at the moment.

I do hope it all gets resolved quickly. I just want to be clear on that, in case I haven’t been. I would enjoy communicating with Chinese users, if only my cards would ever go through.

4 Likes

I think there is another reason for the low registration rate: many postcrossers in mainland China play postcrossing with the idea of ​​following the trend and the trend. On social platforms in mainland China, postcrossing has a certain degree of discussion. After many people see this project, it is often only three minutes of popularity, and they do not register when they receive it, or whether the style of viewing postcards is not to her/his appetite.

4 Likes

Totally off topic, but I had to say I love your profile pic :grin:

5 Likes

Last night, when I firstly saw this news, I told my friends that I can understand this decision, but later today I felt like being isolated. I konw that because of the pandemic in many domestic cities before, the international postal services in China has become slower than before. But we can still receive the international postcards. It’s just the time. Not all the cities in China delayed the postal sercives. And also, many cities in China has less and even no pandemic cases and their international services are getting back to become normal again. SO WHY DON’T YOU MAKE THIS DECISION BEFORE BUT NOW WHEN EVERYTHING START TO GET NORMAL AGAIN​:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Also, how could you ensure the number other people gain our addresses that if we send postcards now when we are suspened then later when you delete this decision​:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I felt really sad about this decision. I’m sorry that I can’t feel like being respect and rights-protected.

6 Likes

That brought another question, where we already have many cards traveling, and then the cards being registered and we will no longer be receiving any?

I am a little disappointed and sad to see this news.
I feel very unfair. Before March of this year, I didn’t play the forum very much, I just selected addresses from the homepage to send postcards. I believe that there are also many Chinese players who only send postcards and do not pay attention to these news on the forum. If you really want to block Chinese addresses as an official, please notify all Chinese players by email: Chinese players can only send postcards, but you will never receive postcards, because we blocked your address, others will not Sent to you. Do only Chinese addresses have expired emails? No! I have sent and arrived 150+ postcards in the 3 months since I played rr and tagging on the forum (I believe there should be friends who are familiar with my account, I love playing scavenger hunts and tagging), but in the same time period At the same time, most of the postcards I sent by the government were expired. This makes me wonder, can anyone explain it to me? Why are the postcards sent at the same time, very few officially registered, and they are all expired, but the postcards on the forum arrived very quickly.

And some of these expired postcards were returned by the other country, but when I wrote the same address in the envelope and sent it for the second time, it arrived. ? ? ?

Yes, I do not deny that the recent postcards sent to China are indeed very slow. But it is still on the way. I have always adhered to a belief: all postcards that travel across oceans and mountains and over long distances are worth waiting for, no matter how long it takes.

In fact, I am also very confused, why do you have to block Chinese users? Expired postcards don’t affect the number of postcards you should get.

Although the arrival time is slower than other countries, I will receive postcards one after another every week or half a month. If you have to close the addresses of Chinese users, please send a notice to all Chinese users: tell them that their addresses will not be extracted! ! ! ! But if I have to do this, then I should never extract the address from the official website again, after all, others can’t mail it to me. Anyway, the official postcards I send are always out of date compared to the postcards from the forum.

If even forums start blocking Chinese players in the future, it’s time to leave.

27 Likes

I think you will still be receiving the many cards that are traveling to you right now. There are so many expired cards to China.

3 Likes

I can’t tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. Obviously, people in war-torn countries are going through hell. That is not fake news and it would be offensive to suggest so. But the mail does go on, just as it did during the Great War, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, etc. That’s what is interesting. Ukraine can get postcards to people living in rubble and even forwards it to those who have moved to a new country. It does so within a few weeks or a month but China takes over a year in many cases. It seems truly out of whack.

11 Likes

Perhaps you can allow members to opt-in or out to receiving Chinese addresses?
Your reasons for not subjecting members to excessive travel times make sense, but it seems to violate the spirit of Postcrossing to isolate Chinese members completely.

21 Likes

Dear all,
I wanna explain something about that, since sometimes our domestic epidemic is very serious, so our government make a decision : the postcard from outside of China will be hold on for a month during the customs. That’s to make sure the epidemic situiation under control. I think it is the postcard take such a long time for us to register…So, I don’t think that is a wise decision to suspended all the routes in China, the postcards just on their way to us instead of missing !

8 Likes

Making such a decision without respecting and considering the views of any Chinese user is against community norms.
It is totally unfair for you to stop the extraction of Chinese users’ addresses without their vote and permission.
Or do you think Chinese users’ opinions are not worthy of respect?
You can have a vote. Or negotiate with representatives of users in China. Or you could add a postponement function to the travelling postcards.
With no votes, no votes, no consulting with Chinese users, no advance notice, and no starting and ending time, doesn’t this mean that admin can shut it down for as long as he wants, just at his own discretion?
As a Chinese user, I feel so targeted and deeply offended.
Is the next step to stop any participation by Chinese users without notifying any users?
You’ve done a pretty good job of administration, bravo :upside_down_face:

20 Likes

I feel this is very unfair! Politics aside, Ukraine has not blocked addresses during the war, why is China blocked? The main reason for the slowness of mail to mainland China now is the epidemic and the chain reaction exposed and brought about by the epidemic. This time Shanghai is the hardest hit area of the epidemic, and Shanghai is one of the most important international mail processing centers in China (there are only three in total), and the mail of the entire eastern region is processed in Shanghai. This is like the international mail of the United States is only handled in Washington, San Francisco and Houston, and then the postal system in San Francisco went on strike for two months, may the international mail route be smooth? And Shanghai has started to recover now, and it should be fully recovered in one to two months. So I don’t think full shielding is necessary.

17 Likes

I can’t satirize anyone who is in the war. I think their suffering is not what you and I can really feel. So all I can do is bless them and pray for peace to come as soon as possible. However, there is a deviation between the intuitive feeling of media reports and website statistics. Anyway, I think the administrator may not be malicious to the Chinese people, but the way of managing the forum needs to be improved.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of posting in the forum and I’ve held many unpaid offers and lotteries and such.
So I think this is a very bad decision, especially for Chinese users who have high expectations of PC.
I send postcards so I can share my happiness with others, and if they send them back, then I will continue to be happy for a while.
Wouldn’t it be very unfair to ban the Chinese users’ addresses just because China Post is responsible for the people and the postcards are delivered late due to the long sitting time?
And I think this is an international platform, if it can do this to Chinese users because of the long sitting time, will other countries do the same in the future if they have similar behavior?

My apologies for speaking in a slightly agitated tone, but I hope we can all think hard again about whether this decision makes sense.

9 Likes

I do support this decision——and actually, I have turned my mode to inactive in order to prevent the unnecessary loss for the postcard. Frankly, we cannot receive all due postcards even in the case that Postcrossing doesn’t suspend the mail.

20 Likes

Announcing the decision to ban Chinese addresses after the change has been made, on a forum many Postcrossing users DON’T EVEN READ in the first place, instead of asking for their oppinion before making the decision, through a method ACCESSIBLE TO ALL USERS (like email), is a disgrace and totally unacceptable.

7 Likes

It’s not that I disagree with this decision, it’s just that only China is blocked and ‘act first and report afterwards’! I think a better option is to advise people in areas with slow postal routes to turn on inactive mode, and warned that there may be a longer delay when drawing to China or other countries with poor postal routes, so be prepared.

6 Likes

Please no :disappointed:
I still want to keep receiving postcards from all over the world.Although it does take a longer time to go to China, which is about 50-70 days for me, I have been receiving postcards successfully in my area. The last time I received postcards was a few days ago, and there are three postcards,every time I opened the mailbox, I was really very happy to find them. The postal route in most areas of China is still smooth now, I hope the admins will not suspend all the extraction of Chinese addresses. I wonder if we could consider another solution.

8 Likes