Mail systems and vehicles around the world

I was wondering if people from around the world could tell me how mail vehicles from that place look like? Thanks🙂

6 Likes

Posted elsewhere in the forums, but this is a typical La Poste (Paris, France) mailman and his mail delivery bicycle. And a traveling toy from Postcrossing…

21 Likes

Here’s our standard–always a happy sight!:

It’s a Grumman LLV, also used by our friendly northern neighbors in Canada. :canada:

Edit: …aaaand I just realized that @NinaG is from the States, too. :sweat_smile: Well, I never knew what the trucks were called, so we’re all learning here! :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

I find movies about how Japanese Post delivers letters in official site :wink: It’s Japanese, but you may understand what happens by movies below.

11 Likes

My mail is delivered by one of the Paxsters shown below.

25 Likes

These videos are so delightful! :heart_eyes: I watched all of them and now I want more…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

In larger towns and cities mail is delivered mostly by bike:

In very dense areas it might even be delivered by foot:

In rural areas the mailmen will deliver parcels as well and therefor use a car:

26 Likes

I took this picture in the deep countryside of southern Taiwan about 10 years ago. In Kaohsiung city where I live a lot of the mailmen also use a motorcycle to deliver the mail.

This picture of the mailboxes was taken in 2017. I just noticed that at that time they still collected the mail twice a day. Now they only empty once a day and only on weekdays.

17 Likes

Here’s our fleet taking off this morning. We don’t have a dedicated mail vehicle here in Finland like the Grumman, we just use regular vans. Some have RHD but not all. There isn’t a dedicated model either, the main bulk ATL consists of Vw Transporters and Caddies but there are other nuts in the trailmix as well like Citroen Berlingos, Peugeot Partners, MB Citans, that tiny Ford Fusion etc basically whatever they’ve gotten a good deal bulk buying at a given time. Aaaaand then there’s me the resident oddball LOL. Some of the workforce here are private contractors, yours truly included, we don’t fly the company colors and we buy our own toys. Here’s my winter sled :slight_smile: Perhaps not the most economical of choices as it is a bit thirsty for the job but sure makes days a lot more fun when we’re up to our jingle bells in the white stuff, cuts half an hour off my route as well and usually in case of a spill (they happen regularily) this puppy is capable of crawling out of the ditch on it’s own (have a detachable winch on board)

13 Likes

Correos has in Spain a few different vehicles, as motocycles, vans and bicycles. But to be fair, I’ve seen most of my mail carries by foot in the 3 different cities I’ve lived so far. !

They also have released a merchandising line, like keychains you can purchase in their post offices, with the image of mail carries or the motocycles. I can’t add the image, so I will post the link to Correos online shop.

11 Likes

Singapore did a revamp of its postal vehicle rather recently, which now looks like this.

This news article also provides an account of a day in the life of a postman in Singapore.

13 Likes

In some areas/cities the mailcarriers also use these electric powered tricycles:

12 Likes

Whaaat, I’ve never seen these!

But on the Spree, one mail carrier even uses a boat! :smiley:

11 Likes

And this very unique way of delivering mail also got commemorated with a special stamp in 1991 and 2005.

19 Likes

In Romania we have these vehicles for letters and packages.

And this is mailbox:

18 Likes

In Russia, mail is delivered on foot! At my site, the postman is an elderly woman. And she delivers mail once a week, if the weather is fine. If the weather is bad, I have to wait until the next week. Perhaps this situation is not in all of Russia, but we definitely do not have special transport.

7 Likes

My mail is now usually delivered by a postman/postwoman driving an electric car on the first picture. And when I was living in the city center, it was delivered by the cute small electric vehicle. :blush:

16 Likes

Thanks everyone for replying to me!

3 Likes

This is the mobile post office in Lebanon.

The words 3A TARI2AK are Arabic words written in chat language or leet.
The 3 is the letter Ain, and the 2 is the Hamza.
The phrase means “On your [way, road, or path]”

18 Likes

Latvia.
pasta divritenis pasta mašīnas

13 Likes