:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

USPS Updated Mail Suspension list on July 19, 2024.

1 Like

Hi DarthVic,
That information is already reflected on Postal Monitor.
FYI - you can see the date of the latest update on 'Postal Monitor.
If you click the date, you will see the history of :white_check_mark: for unblocked, :x: for blocked destinations.

Thanks!

Hello,

While in Colombia I drew both a Russian and Belarussian address. I wrote the cards accordingly and brought them to the post office. Belarus was accepted while Russia wasn’t.

Both countries are listed on the Postal Monitor as I now check but I don’t know when they were added.

EDIT: I see the change happened on 23rd July so that’s why. (Still wondering why they accepted Belarus though!)

Hi! I believe ** :vanuatu: VANUATU needs updating** and does not have so many suspensions as the Postal Monitor indicates.

I was just there in May and sent postcards – both some official with limited countries drawn (France, Australia, USA, and Ukraine) and to friends in Europe. The European ones have been received in Italy, Portugal, and Austria. So, clearly, the Postal Monitor list is not correct at this time.

From the Vanuatu Postal site, I have found the following which lists the postage rates of the various zones in the world. Vanuatu Post – How long will it take The site is current as of 2024. If all these countries by zones are listed, can it not be assumed they are sending to those areas?

I know Vanuatu is one of the rarer countries. I hope to go there again in the not-too-distant future, and I hope it will be possible to draw addresses for more countries!

Thanks for your time and consideration to update the Postal Monitor accordingly.

1 Like

@thibcabe

(Still wondering why they accepted Belarus though!)

It seems cases like that happen quite often.
Must be very challenging for post office workers to keep up with frequent unpredictable changes for all sorts of mail to various destinations.
Postcrossing tries to be as consistent as possible by getting the official information from the postal operator headquarters. Some countries do not publish a current list of available destinations unfortunately.

@Marianne_C
Thank you for providing the link to “How long will it take” page.
We’ve contacted Vanuatu Post to verify their current list.

For the past 2 weeks, Postal Monitor has been updated for:
American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Christmas Is., Cocos Is., Colombia, France, Guam, Liechtenstein, Marshall Is., Micronesia, New Zealand, Norfolk Is., Northern Mariana Is., Palau, Pitcairn, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia, Switzerland, Tajikistan, USA, US Minor Outlying Is., Virgin Is (US).

1 Like

Update: India Post has temporarily suspended mail services to Israel given the tensions in the region.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I cannot find information about the restrictions of shipping from Rwanda, Antigua and Barbuda.

@400050, that information is already reflected on Postal Monitor. Thank you!

@Slerk As stated in the first post, some countries are not listed on Postal Monitor for one or more of the following reasons:

*No suspensions (the country can send mail to all areas in the world)

*No information (the postal system does not provide current information to the public)

*No members (Postcrossing does not have active members in the country)

If you meant you could not find information on their website, you can email National Post office of Ruwanda at info@i-posita.rw and contact Antigua and Barbuda via the web form.

@Chieusa Ahh gotcha! I forgot to check there. Will make sure I do that before posting an update henceforth.

Update for the Republic of Georgia: Georgian Post has suspended sending postcards, letters and small packages to the USA for an unclear period of time; reason: suspensions or restrictions sidewise the US-post. There was news about it on FB’s site of Georgian Post, and some of my cards were returned to me :frowning:

@400050 No problem. It’s always nice to see the confirmation from the person who actually lives in the country :slightly_smiling_face:

@AnnaHimenko
Could you give me the link to that post, please?
I could not find it on their Facebook page.
I also checked their News page (where they usually post a list of suspended countries) and Postal Calculator says they send to USA.
USA does not mention about the restriction to Georgia either.

1 Like

Sorry for misleading: it was published in the news both on the website and in Telegram channel, here are the links:

1 Like

Hi,

This may be a one off however, when I went to the World Trade Centre post office in Panama City today, I could only send postcards to the USA. I had postcards ready for Australia, Canada, Finland, UK and Russia (postcrossing ID) and had these returned to me. Not sure if anyone who has more knowledge on the Panama postal system can confirm this.

Cheers,
Matty

This was Georgian Post’s list of approved countries on 5 August:

USPS Released an updated list of Mail Service Suspensions, Niue is suspended
International Service Alerts - Newsroom - About.usps.com

Hi Marylander,
*Niue’s service disruption affects Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI)

Please refer to the 2nd post of this topic

2 Likes

Poste Italiane suspended mail to Israel - please note that this notice wasn’t published in the usual pdf list, just at the link I posted, as it is temporary and due to flight disruption.

Thank you.

2 Likes

For the past 2 weeks, Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Georgia, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Liechtenstein, Macao, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, UAE, Uruguay, Vatican.

@400050, @fmstrada, thank you for updating us.

@AnnaHimenko thank you for the report. We got confirmation from Georgia Post that the mail services to USA is still suspended.

2 Likes

I had a talk with some of the Postcrossers and my post office lady. Phlpost is refraining anyone from sending mails to the US. USPS is currently only accepting registered mails from us. We did notice that our postcards are not arriving that was sent around June and the post office lady told me that she saw some mails bound to US being returned or RTS by the USPS itself.

The reason USPS is doing this is because of the STOP ACT memo. From what I understand, it should only affect parcels bound to the US. I think this is the reason why Georgia Post mentioned earlier also stop mail to US. Here is the announcement from Phlpost