:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Thailand Post has just announced the new international mail rates that effected since today (February, 1). It announced with the international letter-post zoning list with 109 destinations which the postal service from Thailand was available (Formerly 73 destinations and Åland Islands).

36 new destinations available for the postal service by Thailand Post.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote D’ivore, Cyprus, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macao, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Mozambique, Panama, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uzbekistan and Zambia

Please see in this attached file:

3 Likes

UPDATE

Additional update for international postal service by Thailand Post

The previous comment that I got the information from International Letter-Post Service Rates effective from February 1, 2024 has announced 36 new destinations. But the postal service to Costa Rica is still suspended. So, the new destinations are only 35 countries/territories.

35 new destinations available for the postal service by Thailand Post.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Colombia, Cote D’ivore, Cyprus, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macao, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Mozambique, Panama, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uzbekistan and Zambia

Moreover, Thailand Post is still suspend the international postal service to Israel until the further notice as well.

Please see this attached file:

Source: ไปรษณีย์ไทยแจ้งปรับอัตราค่าส่งต่างประเทศทางอากาศบางพิกัด นน. บางปลายทาง หลังต้นทุนขนส่ง-นำจ่ายเพิ่มขึ้นต่อเนื่อง พร้อมเปิดเพิ่มปลายทางใหม่ เริ่ม 1 ก.พ. นี้ – Thailand Post

2 Likes

Thank you letting us know about the update by Thailand Post. The Postal Monitor has been updated with the changes.

Postal Monitor has been recently updated for:
Australia, Belarus, Christmas Is., Cocos Is., Colombia, Cyprus, Korea (South), Paraguay, Pitcairn, Poland, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Is., Qatar, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, Ukraine, Uruguay.

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly if and what consequences this will have. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

That’s no problem, air delivery will work as usual.

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Bulgaria, Costa Rica, France, Indonesia, Korea (south), Lithuania, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, Slovenia, Sri Lanka.

Correo Paraguayo now resumed their shipments to Europe and Asia, as stated on the main page of its website and on Twitter/X. It seems that shipments to African countries are still suspended.

Translation:

The National Post Office of Paraguay (Dinacopa) informs the public that since Thursday, February 8, 2024, the dispatch of all types of shipments (correspondence, EMS and parcels) is enabled again to European and Asian countries

4 Likes

Hong Kong 15 Feb 2024
Press Release Here

Mail is resumed to:

• French Polynesia
  • New Caledonia
  • Tonga
  • Wallis and Futuna
1 Like

Postal Monitor was updated for:
American Samoa, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Is., Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Marshall Is., Micronesia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Is., Palau, Paraguay, Pitcairn Is., Poland, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, USA, US Minor Outlying Is., Virgin Is. (USA)

seba_flores and iamfromhk, thanks for the reports!

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Portugal and none of the mail sent to Russia, Belarus or Ukraine went through or was received (over 100 days!!!), I believe something might be up that the Portuguese posting service hasn’t updated or dealt with. I asked and they weren’t sure so sent it anyways. But I have 4 postcards to these countries that haven’t arrived.

Postcards are still arriving from Portugal to Russia/Belarus/Ukraine, although there seems to be some additional delay and some backlog to Russia — this is not uncommon specially following the holiday season and new year’s. We are keeping an eye in case it gets worse.

I was quite upset about the fact that postnl (Netherlands) did not send to Bhutan. First I contacted Bhutan post, it took them 2 months to reply (…) but they told me Bhutan was open normal again for mail from 160 countries, almost all the same as before covid lockdowns. However, the website of the Dutch postnl mentioned there was no traffic possible with Bhutan.
I have learned that using Twitter is often more succesful than posting and sending messages on insta/facebook or even postal websites. So I was totally shocked to find out that postnl had somehow missed that Bhutan was open again… yesterday they confirmed that mail could be send to Bhutan, and to my surprise, today I already found it updated at postcrossing! Great! So, if you ever need postal services to reply fast, use twitter/X :smiley:

Some updates of China Post
China Post resumed Air Mail services to Bosnia and Herzegovina from November 24, 2023
South African Post resumed Air Mail services to China from February 15, 2024

→This information is sourced from the International Mail Processing Center of China Post, based on the internal system of the Universal Postal Union (I have access to the internal system) I’m sorry, as the details are only displayed in the internal system, I am unable to provide relevant public notices or announcements.

At the same time, I can point out that Postal Monitor is indeed of great reference value, but there are also many small problems, many of which are often caused by the untimely notification of relevant national postal agencies.
Many updates can be seen every day in the internal systems of the Universal Postal Union, but official announcements issued by postal services in many countries often have delays.

Thailand Post has just resumed the postal service to Israel :israel: since February 23.

Unlike the majority of the routes in the Postal Monitor, these two routes are blocked not because of notices by the postal operators (there was none), but because our data shows that they haven’t been working. We periodically check the status of these suspended routes and usually when the backlog is delivered we make a corresponding update to the Postal Monitor.

Are there other routes that that system says are not reachable from China, for letter post items (regardless of air or surface)? While we don’t make updates without an official source, we may be able check against the Postcrossing’s data if mail is not flowing through to confirm it.

No just untimely notifications, but also sometimes the total lack of public announcements about them, or even vague or contradictory information. :man_shrugging: We are well aware the the Postal Monitor can’t every be fully accurate, but we do the best we can for the resources we have.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting it – this has been updated in Postal Monitor for Thailand on the 28th already.

1 Like

It may be true for some, but our experience is that it varies from postal operator to postal operator. Some don’t even have active twitter/X accounts, while others do but never reply to messages as a rule. :man_shrugging:

It’s not only that the other country can receive mail: sometimes the trouble is that there’s no transportation in place to connect A to B due to lack of flight routes or contracts in place to transport mail to some places.

2 Likes

Russian Post has resumed the postal service to New Zealand since March 04.

4 Likes

Postal Monitor was recently updated for:
Bahrain, Brazil, Ghana, Georgia, Jordan, Korea (South), Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, St.Helena Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Vietnam.

2 Likes