:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Hi, I checked German post and it says some regions in Ukraine are suspended. Perhaps it’s helpful for you.

Deutsche Post - International mail and parcels services - Europe

Hi,
I just had a postcard returned because mail service was suspended to Russia. I looked at you postal monitor which is awesome. I followed your link the the USPS and rather than 18, they have 30, including Ukraine.

PS I mailed it before services were suspended.

Thanks,
Suzy

Do you include a return address on your postcards, or was this an envelope?

Hi @paulo, thank you for the update!
I agree, Russia is resumed for Italy :it:; I checked all the postal products that are now mentioned as suspended: they are all for parcels (some even express or for business customers), so regular mail should be considered as resumed.

Regarding the PDF list of other suspended countries from Italy, please note that the link in the Postal Monitor and in the summary at the beginning of this thread is not valid anymore, this is the new link - the list is unchanged though.

Thank you for the titanic work to keep everything up to date!
I try to keep Italy and Israel under my radar, if I miss one day (like yesterday!) feel free to ask!

3 Likes

@kirswift I checked Montenegro Post’s Aktuelnosti, Najčešća pitanja, Centar za korisnike, as well as their Facebook and Instagram, but cannot locate a list of suspended or available countries. Do you happen to know any other place to look?
Or they have a notice posted at a counter or on the door of the post offices, maybe??

@skrutsch USPS website design is a bit confusing. The list with 30 countries is the disruption information for each destination. USPS’ suspended list is at the top that says “View the suspensions”.
Letter service ( *First-Class Mail International FCMI) works for Australia & New Zealand, and we have added Belarus as a part of the preventive measure. So, the total is 18.

1 Like

Here is a recap for Postal Monitor information:

• Letter-mail suspended destinations for each country.

• Country-level suspensions.
    The whole country. Not by a region or by postal codes.

• A destination country will be listed only when both air and surface/sea mail services are suspended. We appreciate your reports on airmail-only or surface mail-only suspensions too.
    (exception: The surface mail departing Japan and most of the surface mail departing South Korea are not considered working right now)

• Please submit with a reliable source of information (a URL, a captured image of social media messages, a photo taken at post office, etc)

• If you have a concern or a problem with your postal services, please contact your postal service agency. Check the list above or postal website list. On the website they usually have a contact form or link to Twitter, Facebook, or other social media.

USA Postcrossers
Please click View the suspensions" to see the suspended destinations for USA.(Countries listed below are for disruption information and it’s a little different from the suspension list)

Also, only First-Class Mail International® (FCMI) affects postcards.
As of today, USA-Australia and USA-New Zealand are not suspended.
Belarus is not on the suspension list, but Postal Monitor has USA→Belarus as a preventive measure.

3 Likes

As of 15 March, the US has suspended service to Russia (FCMI mail included). I did click the View the Suspensions list (and you can see Russia listed in the screenshot from Chieusa above.

I sent a message to info@postacg.me and asked for a list of suspended destinations. They didn’t send me a list, but they confirmed that mail export to Russia is cancelled. I hope this will be helpful for a Postal Monitor update.

1 Like

It has been suspended for 2 months? (May be they meant the 2nd month=February??)
Anyways, Montenegro-Russia is added to Postal Monitor.
Thank you for the post.

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Italy, Germany, Montenegro, Russia.

@uncknitter Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
We already have USA-Russia on Postal Monitor. Thanks.

Luxembourg can send to Ukraine again, starting today. The information can be found in the yellow box on top of the starting page www.post.lu
It is still not possible to send to Russia though.

2 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Russia.

Suspension of Malaysia postal service to Russia from 24th March 2022.

Source:

3 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Sri Lanka

@Kah_Yang Thank you for the report & welcome to the forum :wave:
It was also announced on Pos Malaysia website, but one of the Postcrossing members received the following Facebook message 2 wees ago - so it’s already on the list.

2 Likes

@Chieusa I wish I could answer your questions, but I’m just as confused as you (and I’m a native Slovak speaker)…

Albania, Colombia

@beluga thank you, so it is not a translation matter.
Sometimes machines do weird translations. It’s always best to be checked by a native speaker.
For example, this is what I got yesterday for Slovak Post (machine translation of icons) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

North Macedonia

1 Like

The Philpost (Philippines) only accepts international letters and postcards that are going to these 36 destinations: Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, HongKong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, (South) Korea, Kuwait, Macau, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Riyadh, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, USA and Vietnam.
Please update because I was just given a Malaysian address, and I know that our postal clerk will not accept this until further notice. Thank you very much!

Hi, @Kewl.
Could you show us where to find the source of your information, please?
Thank you.

Actually, the list has been shortened. This is the latest one and still in effect. Only to 28 countries:
AU, Belgium, Brunei, CN, Dubai, FR, DE, GB, Guam, Hawaii, HK, India, IN, IE, IT, JP, KR, MY, NZ, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, SG, SP, CH, TW, US, Vietnam

2 Likes