:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Dominican Republic, Netherlands

Update Laos
Good News ! All services are resumed, but traffic is very low, only 2 shipments every month.

5 Likes

Some postal administrations don’t care to update their closed destinations lists apparently. I don’t have other explanation of it.
I’m receiving mail from Hong Kong, India, Japan despite they not sending to Kazakhstan according postal monitor. All incoming mail have October - November 2021 postmarks.

1 Like

Portugal, Singapore.

@kzswap
There is no way to tell if the postal routes were working or it was a matter of luck, and if the working routes will continue working on regular basis or it was temporary. Some mail are lucky to “hitchhike” on parcel mail or on other unusual transportations and get to suspended destinations.
Unless it is official, there will be no guarantee that the next postcard will be treated in the same way.

That’s why we tend to be on the safer side and usually remove a suspended country only when an official announcement has been made by the postal agency.
Everyone is welcome to contact their postal agency to inquire or request to have the list updated.

The main purpose of Postal Monitor (and this alert thread) is to avoid postcards to be rejected or returned by post offices, also to prevent members from receiving unexpected surcharges or higher postal rates.

2 Likes

New alerts from PostNL (Netherlands).

1 Like

Austria, Georgia, India, Laos, Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Uruguay.

1 Like

India Post suspends the booking of mails to USA

1 Like

Hello. I just checked for Malaysia, and the postal monitor need to be updated –

https://www.pos.com.my/faq/#category-container-71

Thank you and stay safe! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Denmark, Georgia, Korea (South), Maldives, Sri Lanka, UK, USA.

@djctv2020 That was already added in the previous update. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:
@mizaa Hello, welcome to the forum. Those 145 counties were removed from Postal Monitor in October. Please let us know if anything had changed since then. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello. Those 145 countries listed is the latest update from our local post office. I just checked with them as I received address to one of the 145 countries listed :sweat_smile:

On the Postal Monitor, we list the countries to which mail service is currently not working. So if a country is listed under Malaysia on the Postal Monitor, it means Pos Malaysia is not sending to those countries. Currently there are 101 countries or territories on that list — and about 145 to which service is working.

Sounds like everything is correct on our side?

1 Like

The post service in Taiwan is going to resume airmail services to Israel from December 15, i.e. tomorrow. The list (form) of all the destinations we can send to should be updated tomorrow as well.

Source: Welcome to Chunghwa POST - News Center

2 Likes

Moldova announced resuming in/out postal correspondence with: Barbados, Burundi, Chad, Colombia, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mongolia, Namibia, Nigeria.

Source: News on official site, Facebook post on official page

2 Likes

Likely delay in delivery of ALL the International Postal Mail Articles From India

The following interesting proposal uploaded in the India Post website. So, its shows that, US mail will delay for some more days.

“Request for Proposal (RFP) for inviting techno-commercial proposal from IATA registered Airlines & Agencies for transmission of Postal mail from Delhi to New York (JFK) in a special charter.”

Austria, Bahrain, Germany, Japan, Moldova, Norway (and Svalbard and Jan Mayen), Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, UK, and Ukraine.

@Hitokage and @SincerelyGeo, thank you for your report!

@djctv2020 Just to let you know that we are not keeping track of delays.
This is what we are looking for.

• Suspensions only (=when your post office will not accept mail to the destination. Not delays.)
  • Outbound only (=sending, not receiving)
  • Regular letter post only (not EMS/urgent/express, parcels/packages)
  • Mid to Long-term ISO 3166-1 “Country-to-country” suspensions (not provincial/local)

Thanks!

1 Like

Finally a temporary processing center has been established near the airport until they fix the main building. Mail is being canceled and processed locally :hugs::partying_face:. Things are speeding up!

2 Likes

Iceland.

Update for Slovenia🇸🇮 (23.12.2021 - file):
:heavy_check_mark: French Southern Territories & Mayotte

:x: Vanuatu

In total, 22 blocked routes.

2 Likes

From the Netherlands:

1 Like